Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: FP VS the Others
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:59 pm 

So over the last couple of days I've scoured the web and found some downloads for the other pinball sims that happen to include all of the tables....cough cough.....and I've played a few of the bally/williams/stern tables on both TPA and FX3 and I must say, while its nice that those systems are plug and play, and the physics/settings are consistent from table to table, they do not have the capabilities of FP tables, when done properly. I agree with SLAM on this one. I haven't dove too much into VP yet because I'm waiting until I have a pincab. Its way too much work to get tables working properly for desktop on VPX, especially since there isn't a hole lot you can do with the camera. FX3 and TPA will probably be nice on a pincab too but I think some of the newer releases on FP have been fantastic and blow away everything else. I just need to spend an unhealthy amount of time testing FP tables to make my own custom physics that I can apply to most of the tables I play.

That is all, just boasting that while FP isn't necessarily the easiest solution for everyone, it by far packs the biggest punch when the time and effort is put into each table by the developers, so thank you for all the time you spend on this free platform!

-Mayo

Post subject: Re: FP VS the Others
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:05 pm 

MayoTheGreat wrote:
That is all, just boasting that while FP isn't necessarily the easiest solution for everyone, it by far packs the biggest punch when the time and effort is put into each table by the developers, so thank you for all the time you spend on this free platform!

-Mayo

I totally agree Mayo !

I have had so much fun exploring the potential of FP and BAM and find it so satisfying, that I don't care about the others...

I have pinball Fx2 VR and Stern VR and they also are really well done.
And I also have TPA mobile on my phone and it is also quite good.

But none of them have same ability to adapt and mod and tweak. And they all have their own physics which I can adapt to but with BAM , I can adjust it to my own preferences...

Post Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:43 pm 

I started pinsim with VP8/9 but switched over to FP when I noticed the graphics are much better on FP. I tried several FX2 tables and one TPA table but they don't seem real, as if they are somehow designed to hit targets easily. I never tried VPX and maybe I should just to try the physics that its advocates rave about. I have been with FP many years and probably many more.

George

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:30 am 

Since at different points of time TPA had Bally/Williams licenses and now FX3 has the license, I thought I'd try the same table between all 3 sims. The playability is definitely easier on the other sims, but the graphics are still the best on FP. Medieval Madness specifically was the one I tried. Man I love that table. Always possible for multiball

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion