Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twitch streaming for multiplayer view
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:05 pm 

There seemed to be an echo of all the sounds that was delayed...so I exited the game

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:08 pm 

We'll try again tomorrow

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:09 pm 

Sounds good. Depending on how the audio on your PC is setup you may need to change audio settings in OBS Studio.

This is starting to come together though.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:17 pm 

So I just changed a couple of things on my setup, and then viewed it from my laptop and it still seemed good, so I'll post my OBS Settings below:

Stream Tab: Service - Twitch, Server - US East, New York, NY (This should be set to closest location to you)

Output Tab: Mode - Simple, Video Bitrate - 2500, Encoder - Software (x264), Audio Bitrate - 160

Audio Tab: Sample Rate - 44.1khz, Channels - Stereo, Desktop Audio Device - Default

Video Tab: Base Resolution - 1920x1080, Output Resolution - 1280x720, Downscale Filter - Bicubic, Common FPS Values - 30

Advanced Tab: Renderer - Direct3D 11

Everything else is set to default. I have a pretty old machine on old hardware, and this runs pretty good for me. From all the guides I've found, the bitrate and resolution settings should be kept at this for compatibility amongst viewers and their internet connections to prevent buffering.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:35 pm 

Just played a game of Indiana Jones and the sound worked fine this time.
I watched the stream on my Android phone using the twitch app and it was perfect !

Mayo let me know when you want to try a game...

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:53 pm 

Sorry. It was a busy weekend. I should be around tomorrow evening

Post Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 pm 

Ok we'll see

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:24 am 

Me and Gimly finally tested a 2 player game last night on twitch, and it works exactly as expected. There is a little down time in between turns because we have to upload the fpRAM file, and then download it, save it, boot up Future Pinball, etc, but it works.

If anyone else wants to try this we can iron out the steps and try to get a 4 player game going.

We have it setup so on twitch.tv there is a channel called FuturePinballStreams. It can be setup so that everyone playing can stream to this one channel so we don't have to switch channels for each persons turn. OBS Studio is the application that does the capture and then sends the capture to twitch for streaming. This requires a stream key. If you give me your email address I can send you the stream key for the FuturePinballStreams channel that you input into OBS Studio. With this setup I'm not even sure its necessary to create a twitch account. You are not required to have an account to view the channel, and since the account is already created (FuturePinballStreams) and you'll just be using the stream key, I don't think you would need your own account.

Since the FuturePinballStreams channel is created under my email address, and I also have an Amazon Prime account, we get some additional benefits that I just learned about. Specifically, the ability to save the streams as VOD (videos on demand) for 60 days, so we could then post them to youtube, or just view them after the fact if anyone wanted to see how the tournament went.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:31 am 

MayoTheGreat wrote:
Me and Gimly finally tested a 2 player game last night on twitch, and it works exactly as expected. There is a little down time in between turns because we have to upload the fpRAM file, and then download it, save it, boot up Future Pinball, etc, but it works. ...

It seems like this is the same way Gimli and I played a game without Twitch.

George

Post Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:45 am 

I think for now, that is the only way we will be able to do "multiplayer" twitch will just allow all those participating, and really anyone who cares to, view the gameplay of each player.

Originally I was having fps issues with Future Pinball when I was streaming, but i changed a few settings that I believe I had posted above, and last night it played perfectly. The only thing I noticed that was strange, was the ball movement seemed much slower on Gimli's table than it did mine, but we were both using the same table and it had the XML settings in the script.

To your knowledge george, would there be any other settings that would impact ball speed/game speed?

I just turned on the ability to store broadcasted streams, so the next time we play we could go back and review the plays to see if there really is a discrepancy between the players

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion