Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twitch streaming for multiplayer view
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:28 pm 

Checking out your twitch feed now mayo

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:39 pm 

I just noticed you joined it. I'll start up a stream

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:45 pm 

Looks perfect !

I can't get some guys in the background to stop talking ?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:49 pm 

What do you mean guys in the background to stop talking?

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:56 pm 

I figured it out ....it tries to load a bunch of random live streams that I am not interested in ...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:07 pm 

Instructions for setting up a Future Pinball Stream to Twitch.TV:

So apparently if you create a Twitch account, and then give me your email address I can add you as an authorized streamer to my channel, so we won't have to create a dedicated Future Pinball channel (unless we want to), or switch to someone elses stream when its their turn. There are several videos that walk you thru setting up OBS Studio and Twitch, but they don't have the same version, and they are all for different types of streams. You're welcome to follow any you find, but the steps below are how to get to my settings.

The following instructions are for setting up OBS-Studio to capture your game and send it to twitch:

1. Go to https://www.twitch.tv
2. Create an account
3. Send me your email address
4. Go to https://obsproject.com
5. Click Download at the top of the page
6. Click "Download Zip" (I haven't tried the package installer because for recording purposes you need this to NOT be in Program Files) This is the 64bit version, so if you need the 32 bit version, click "Previous Versions" then scroll down a little and download "OBS-Studio-22.0.2-Full-x86.zip"
7. Extract the zip you downloaded to the location of your choice. Mine are located in C:/obs-studio
8. Go to the following location: X:/obs-studio/bin/64bit (or 32bit)
9. Locate obs64.exe (or obs32.exe), right click, go to properties, click compatibility tab, tick "Run this program as Administrator" click apply, then ok
10. Create a shortcut for obs64.exe (or obs32.exe) on your desktop, as everytime you want to stream you will need to run this program, so it's easier to access from the desktop
11. Open Obs64.exe
12. Click OK on License Agreement
13. Click Yes on Auto-Configuration Wizard
14. Select Optimize for streaming, recording is secondary. Click Next
15. Make sure Base (Canvas) Resolution is set to your desktop resolution (or Future Pinball resolution if somehow different) and FPS is set to "Either 60 or 20, but prefer 60 when possible". Click Next
16. Stream Type = Streaming Services, Service = Twitch. Go to next step for Stream Key
17. To obtain stream key, you can click on "link" next to stream key on obs studio window and it should bring you to the proper page. If not, here is how to find it manually: Login to twitch.tv. In the top right where your username is, click it then click dashboard. Once your in your dashboard, on the right hand side at the bottom under settings, click channel. At the top should be your stream key. You can show it and copy it, but you can also just click copy.
18. Paste the stream key into obs studio
19. Untick "Estimate bitrate with bandwidth test" and then set Video Bitrate to 2500. Click Next
20. Click Apply Settings. We will be changing some of these later.
21. Now on the OBS studio window you will see a black video screen as the main focus and then several boxes at the bottom. "Scene" Should be located under scenes, if it is skip to the next step, if not click the + button under scenes and name it Future Pinball Stream or whatever you want.
22. Under Sources click the + button, select Game Capture. Name it Future Pinball Twitch and click ok.
23. A property window pops up. My default settings were fine. Make sure Mode is "Capture any fullscreen application". Click ok.
24. On the right side of the window under Controls, click Settings.
25. On the General Tab, I changed theme to Dark, but this can be whatever you like. Click Stream on left hand side.
26. Under Server, select the closest location to you.
27. Click Output on the left hand side. Under Streaming, change Encoder to "Software (x264)" if not already selected. Change audio bitrate to 160. For encoder preset, this depends on your system, but I left it at default of veryfast
28. Click Video on left hand side. Base (Canvas) Resolution should be your desktop resolution/Future Pinball resolution. Output (Scaled) Resolution should be set to the same as desktop unless you notice lag while streaming and playing, then drop down the resolution to 1280x720. Downscale Filter should be Bicubic, common FPS Values should be 60.
29. Click Advanced on left hand side. Change Renderer to OpenGL, everything else should be set to default.
30. Click Apply, then OK.
31. To start streaming, click Start Streaming on the right hand side.
32. Minimize OBS Studio

The good thing about these settings is that it will not start a stream until you launch Future Pinball, so people won't see you messing around on your desktop or any other windows you have open. Because Game Capture was chosen for the Source, it should only stream when you launch a game, not any other fullscreen application, at least it hasn't happened to me yet. As good practice, no other programs should be running while playing Future Pinball anyways so they don't hog resources.

Now your stream should be displayed on my channel as long as I have set you up as an Authorized Streamer. I haven't tried it yet, but I believe only 1 stream can be active on my channel at once, but this won't matter for Future Pinball challenges anyways as only 1 person will be playing at a time.

Let me know when someone has followed these steps and I can check out your stream. Also, if you have a laptop, or another device to view twitch, you can start a stream yourself and then view it from another machine without having to login or create another account, just search for your username in the search bar and then click channels. This is a good way to make sure your stream is coming in full screen and audio is working. I had to tinker with a couple of setting to get the fullscreen image to come out due to default scaling settings in OBS Studio. The steps above should get you to the point where I am, and Gimli confirmed its a good quality stream with good audio. There is a little bit of a delay between real-time playing and the stream itself, but since we will all be taking turns on a table, this shouldn't impact us.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:45 pm 

Can you tell when you are streaming ?
Can you watch you own stream somehow?

It seems to record the stream ok ...so I think I am close

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:58 pm 

You can watch it if you have another pc to view it on, thats how I've done some minor testing with mine. I have a laptop setup next to my desktop. I think I was able to see yours briefly. It looked like a pretty blank slate of a table.

I'm still around now if you want to test but I know you said you didn't have much time.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:59 pm 

Also, I created a new channel called futurepinballstreams and setup my OBS to stream there, so you won't see mine anymore on mayo_the_great unless I switch it back

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:03 pm 

I was able to see yours, but for some reason the audio was all messed up, like I could hear flipper sounds and game sounds that didn't sync up with your play, but I could also hear those....weird

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion