Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: The Way Forward for FP
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:34 am 

Hi,

I have long loved FP, and even did the artwork for some tables like the goonies. I personally haven't visited pinsimdb or this forum for years and have been enjoying Pinball FX3 / ZEN. I decided to come have a look at whats going on here, and was saddened by the stagnant status of FB.

The only way for FP to become great is if the community starts chipping in and helping. Programmers, graphic designers, sound guys etc etc etc. The reason I abandoned FP was because everybody wanted tables and nobody was giving. Getting involved means doing it for free. Lend your talents to this site and it will flourish. What could be done?

1. Website & Forum horribly dated. Could do with an update.

2. Make FP easy to install with easy options, e.g. A version without the editor for folks who don't care fore the technical stuff.

3. This is a biggie. I became very confused when suddenly there were multiple physics being updated and released the entire time, as well as tables named Jurassic Park - 1.2.4.5b etc. There should just be a single installer with the best physics, after all, the aim is to play pinball not fidget around with physics etc.

I really think FP can play a major role again, but it's severely in need of updating. I for one hope it takes off again.

Post subject: Re: The Way Forward for FP
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:00 am 

jpinsa wrote:
Hi,

I have long loved FP, and even did the artwork for some tables like the goonies. I personally haven't visited pinsimdb or this forum for years and have been enjoying Pinball FX3 / ZEN. I decided to come have a look at whats going on here, and was saddened by the stagnant status of FB.

Hey welcome back !
It is true it is not even close to the Glory Days of FP. Very quiet and few contributers.

I have been around here for 5 years and we have discussed this and believe are following this way forward.

FP is much better now with BAM and there have been many recent developments so I would call it "germinating" or evolving and not stagnant at all.

Slam is back ! Drakko is around. As are Wild , Smoke, Popotte and Shiva and of course Rav

So there maybe a renaissance coming...

Anyways welcome back, look around and you may be pleasantly surprised...

Post Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:23 pm 

We have an installer that installs BAM and FP at the same time. You might try Dynamic Flippers that fixes a long time problem with flipper accuracy. I think my best effort with Dynamic Flippers is here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... s_ultimate

There are some plans to update the sites. We're working on on it even though we are small. ...And Slamt1lt is back.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:14 am 

Thanks guys, let's hope it gets some glory again.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:55 pm 

Well I can only speak for myself, but Future Pinball with all the BAM upgrades is just incredible to work with now. And the improved physics are as good as any other simulation.

I personally never went away and have been constantly working with Future Pinball for 10 years. it has been my obsession....and my therapy!

The spotlight is still firmly on Visual Pinball but I will never be tempted away from FP, it's so much better in every way now...but that's hard to prove when hardly anyone is making games for it.

I'm hoping that the games I release this year, will start to generate new interest and attract new talent to FP. And maybe even get the old guys back on board again.

I'll certainly do my part to steal some of that spotlight away from VP!

Post Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:05 am 

Aye my friend. I am with you.

George

Post Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:13 pm 

With you lads !!!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 5:15 am 

Speaking about that, have you seen this thread: viewtopic.php?f=72&p=89823
I need your help :)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion