Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post subject: JungleGirl (WIP)
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:46 am 

Been working on this off and on for quite a while. hard to give it the time it deserves, been just too busy, but getting there.

This is a Bally Type table (It sort of screams classic bally) and though there is still a lot of work/polish/bug fixes to do, I just decided to release a early version anyway, so you guys can see what I am up too. I guess the best thing about this is how different I do things compared to the norm, but there are reasons, just can't remember what they are at the moment.

Consider this one big experiment, especially how I set up the script. There are a few bugs here and there, and some routines can be presented a bit better, but it's stable, and plays okay. There are a few adjustments to the physics needed still, the aiming is slightly off now, but it's just playing with numbers.

You will notice in the script there's some stuff remarked out, and other things were removed as they didn't work out. I've also included the conf file, and a copy of the xml (though it's script based). The screenshot is what it looks like with the cfg file. I haven't had time to do the rest of the graphics, like the plastics/cab/backglass, but just starting that and will show on my facebook.

This has dynamic flippers, but I modified the code a bit especially at a cradled base to be a bit more realistic to the Bally type flippers. (In other words, far less omega)

Figured I needed to do something nice, so here it is... See what you guys think.
Not happy with the bulb lights, noticed they are a bit foggy. If someone can play with them a bit and get them sharper, appreciate that.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x1jbcx5yg7dtr ... l.zip?dl=0

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post subject: Re: JungleGirl (WIP)
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:19 pm 

Thx Blue look forward to trying it !

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:13 pm 

Me Too! :o

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:56 pm 

blue wrote:
... Not happy with the bulb lights, noticed they are a bit foggy. If someone can play with them a bit and get them sharper, appreciate that.

What a beautiful playfield!

I have been working on the Indiana Jones table and noticed they added 2 bulbs on top of each other on the lane guides at the top of the table. One is set on the surface of the playfield and is set to a glow radius of 50. The other bulb is set to radius of 40 and is set to a surface where the top height is 26 mm. The the model of the bottom light is rendered but the top light is not rendered.

Although the lane guides cover the lower lights on the IJ table, I think it might improve the dispersion of the light on your table and still provide the same amount of illumination.

I changed 4 lights on your table and it seemed to help. I'm not sure if it is the effect you want or not.

George

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:23 pm 

Thanx. If you noticed i did the same thing on star trek xse as well as a dimming light effect. Just not in here yet and i know there is a adjustment in bam just forgot which one. Theres other stuff i want to try out but get the graphics done doing the first plastic inking now and then see how many objects left to use first.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:26 pm 

Beautiful work Blue !
The physics and flipper dynamics seem excellent !
Very creative layout and game play...feels very authentic

Post Posted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 12:25 am 

Thanks Gimli. It's definitely a labor of love, considering all the time I have spent cursing at it (especially those inline targets and the skill shot) I really feel like just getting this done, so busy drawing the first plastic, which I may show here once done. Other's input is always the best, sometimes you get to into some things and miss a obvious improvement.

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP