Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: JungleGirl (WIP)
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:27 pm 

I am not sure you understand what I suggest but this is my idea:

OnPreHitFlipperSettings(LeftFlipperExt)
omegaCorrectionL = MaxOmega - (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint * ((MaxOmega - MinOmega)/1.05))
If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint < 0.0 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = MaxOmega
If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint > 1.05 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = MinOmega
If (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint => 0.0) And (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint =< 1.05) then
LeftFlipperExt.Omega = omegaCorrectionL
End if

This will make the transition between the omegaCorrectionL and MinOmega be the same. You may need to reduce the MinOmega by a factor of probably about 2 omegas to make it perform about the same as what you were using.

At least the math works out his way but I'm not sure how it will perform.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:17 pm 

That is the code I have George.

This is my second switchable code, by passing the dynamic code and using forced settings, with the "sweet spot" moved down from the tip of the flipper to about 75%. No problems with the tips shooting to fast, and you can fine tune the omega depending on the position of the ball and the angle of shot. Still testing but took 15 minutes to write the code, and seems to work far better if you need to boost or weaken the shots at certain areas beyond the math.

fpxomegaCorrection is set 1.05

Code:
' *** Left flipper code *** 42 and 26
Sub LeftFlipper_prehit()
   ' Adjusts Ball bouncing off flipper based on speed of the ball      
   Dim ball
   Set ball = xBAM.BallCloseTo(0,0)
   LeftFlipperExt.Omega = MinOmega
   IF fpxshivaFlippers=1 THEN
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= 1.3 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 15:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= 1.2 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 20:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= 1.1 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 25:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= 1.0 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 30:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .9 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 37:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .8 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = (MaxOmega):Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .7 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 38:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .6 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 34:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .5 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 30:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .4 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 26:Exit Sub:End If
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .3 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 22:Exit Sub:End If
      'If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint >= .2 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = 23:Exit Sub:End If
   ELSE
      omegaCorrectionl = MaxOmega - (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint * ((MaxOmega - MinOmega)/(fpxomegaCorrection)))
      If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint > 1.3 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = MinOmega
      If (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint => 0.0) And (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint =< 1.3) then
      LeftFlipperExt.Omega = omegaCorrectionl
      End If
   END IF
End Sub

I keep finding bugs in the game, but hopefully, I can add a EOS setup using this method. Sorry for the basic code, but easy enough to write code that is adjustable with changing Max and Min Omega.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:30 pm 

What is "fpxshivaFlippers" and how does it get set to 1?

Does minOmega = 26 and max = 42?

I'm not sure you want these lines in the code:

George

Post Posted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:17 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
What is "fpxshivaFlippers" and how does it get set to 1?

Switchable flipper settings. 0 defaults to normal dynamic flipper code, 1 to my forced settings
Quote:
Does minOmega = 26 and max = 42?

yeap. I put it there so I don't forget and have to search for it. :)
Quote:
I'm not sure you want these lines in the code:

Doesn't hurt to have them in there. We are talking FP here afterall.

Speaking of which. I had a bit of time and thought about a few things, mostly about the FP ball object (which I will ask Rav to answer as he is the most capable of knowing) but it also occurred to me about the different types of flippers, and how they play different, so I swapped the flippers with different models. Very interesting, I found the T5 flippers to be the best. Maybe my design was built for the T5 flippers, maybe more care was used to make the T5 flippers because all of Blacks friends were EM guys, who knows?

I wont go into a long winded post about that and the differences I've noticed. Instead, I started to test a very simple coded EOS to see if I can stop FP flippers from being well FP Flippers. I'm sure people will play with it when JG is out and see if it's worthy. I may throw something else in there as well if I have the time and the idea works.

After years and years of cursing at FP Physics, it's so nice we now have the capability to make FP better, and who knows, maybe even vpx fans may start playing fp tables more.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:06 pm 

So far so good. At the final stages, rewrote some rules, fixed 2 million bugs, and changed the graphics to match the new rule changes.

At the moment, just redoing some light effects, and still battling FP physics. If I can get FP to mess up 1 out of every 10 times instead of 1 out of every 3 times, it's a major victory in my book. Still, plays very un-fplike most of the time, I think maybe even die hard vpxers may enjoy this (Though I doubt it with a couple of them...) ;)

Still a couple rule changes and minor stuff to do, and then a week or so of solid play testing. Classic Bally designs you just have to get the play right and either hide or cover up FP's flaws as it becomes far more noticeable than more modern designs.

soon I hope...

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:33 am 

Cool! I thought the graphics looked good before you made the changes. ...So it's better now.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:15 pm 

Hopefully the entire game is now better. :)

Lots of lights, lots of sounds, play time is nice and long, added my new rules, plays very fast for a Bally. A good "bar" game in a sense, you and your mates have a couple beers and play a couple rounds at the pub. I've been staring at this thing for months now and still enjoying a game or two. Just a fun little game.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:28 pm 

Found more bugs and stuff to play with and fine tune even though I don't have too. ;)

Last count, about 75 objects used to try and fix the physics problems with game play. You have to do that with old style games that play fast, with lanes so much more wider, so more space for FP to mess up with. :)

Looks like Friday next week. With PN back up and working (very very nice by the way, you should really check it out. Brand new professional forum software and fast as hell) the table will be loaded up there, as I can approve it myself (as well as here) so it will be very interesting what the vpxers think

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:39 am 

Blue,

I ended up using your idea for this code on Robots Invasion on the basement flipper. It seems to work a bit better on smaller flippers than the previous code. The 1.05 basically makes the MinOmega extend around the tip more than 1.2. So you have a larger area of MinOmega at the tip of the flipper before it ramps up to the MaxOmega at the base of the flipper.

Thanks for the idea,

George

GeorgeH wrote:
I am not sure you understand what I suggest but this is my idea:

omegaCorrectionL = MaxOmega - (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint * ((MaxOmega - MinOmega)/1.05))
If LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint > 1.05 then LeftFlipperExt.Omega = MinOmega
If (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint => 0.0) And (LeftFlipperExt.ContactPoint =< 1.05) then
LeftFlipperExt.Omega = omegaCorrectionL
End if

This will make the transition between the omegaCorrectionL and MinOmega be the same. You may need to reduce the MinOmega by a factor of probably about 2 omegas to make it perform about the same as what you were using.

At least the math works out his way but I'm not sure how it will perform.

George

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:03 am 

The smaller the flipper the lower the divider should be. On a T5 flipper, around 1.1 works, but because of it's thickness, you have to play with it to get the shots you want. I used 1.05 on JG so far, because you need the speed to make the inner lanes like the spinner lane. On normal dynamic settings, the ball barely made it to the top guide lanes and very slowly at that.

The other thing is that omega does seem to affect the angle of the ball coming off the flipper. With my custom forced settings in JG, I noticed that and had to adjust the omega at certain points to make certain shots at speed for each contact point for where exactly I wanted the ball to go. A slower omega would throw the ball more to the center while a faster setting hit the spinner lane I wanted.

FP basic physics are not as bad as we all thought, it was just poorly executed and had some real bad numbers in the exe. For it's age, it's still good especially since we have far better proper tools and well, far better numbers than what was in there to start. Why fp was even released with it being so badly crippled is beyond me, but now we can really make fp sing and be what it's suppose to be

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 107 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP