Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Batman (data east) wip
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:33 pm 

SLAMT1LT wrote:
That's what Future Pinball does best....no ROM support encourages more creativity.

I agree with what you say, you are an example, as far as I'm concerned, I never understood how vp, make use of "rom" ... and why fp ,,, can't use it ....[/quote]

Actually...just very recently... Future Pinball is now able to use VPinMAME thanks the iCOM BAM plug-in made by Nailbuster (and I think Ravarcade also helped). This allows activex com objects to be useable with FP (without modifying the EXE), which is how VPinMAME works. That said, the control scripts would need to be adapted to FP specifically.... but the capability is now there for anyone who wants to try to make it work.

As a result of iCOM, now I am also able to use DOF, Pinup Player (PuP) as well directly with FP without needing DOFLinx or B2S Server. So now my table updates will have support for my new PinEvent standard, which is two vbs files I made that will control and manage DOF, PUP, SSF and FP sounds for mechanical sounds and feedback for cabinets. This will allow for the table to be useable by anyone....cabinet (who have dof, pup installed) or desktop (no dof or pup).

Your progress on this table is great! Being able to play it in VR will be awesome!

There is also a great pup-pack for the VP version that could be adapted fairly easily to this table as well.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:42 pm 

If you can use a ROM with FP, you might be able to figure out the rules that don't appear to be written down anywhere. I have never tired it but maybe Terry can help.

Post Posted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:30 am 

@Gimli.....many thanks Bro.

@Terry.....thanks....ah....I didn't know this, (did anyone know?) so,we can use the "rom" with Fp, ok ... question, how do you do it, as you say, what capacity does it take to make it work?
and why no one has used it so far? -.... you seem to be up to date on this topic, or ICOM as you call it, would you like to try inserting the "rom" on my new table?if possible it would be useful for sound.....

@George....now for batman, I don't need to know the rules, I know everything, playing with the version, VPX that you can even to drive the ball with the mouse, now it's easy to understand what happens in a table.
obviously, hoping that the "rom" of vpx, of batman, is complete, but I have been very precise on this and seeing many videos of batman on "youtube" the version of vpx, it seems almost perfect, and I have also added something in more, which in my opinion, is missing in the vpx version.I waiting the latest animations from Gin .... fix the macth-play, and then it is ready for release.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:09 am 

Ok,guys,I continue to work on this, I have finished implementing the match, thanks with the help of Francesco.

Now I wait for the latest animations from my friend Gin, so I can complete this table.

Meanwhile,again,thanks to francesco, I was able to have an improved version of the playfield, and I was able to insert the inserts. :shock:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:58 pm 

Great work guys !!

Post Posted: Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:37 pm 

Thanks Bob.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:44 pm 

You do it great!!!

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:30 pm 

This is looking great Paolo and others. It will be fun to see it come together!

-mark

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:36 am 

Many thanbks guys.
Ok,probably, Gin, too busy, to let me have the latest animations.

so I ask if someone else can recover or have, in some way batman animations, or the risk of not being able to do anything anymore, the more time passes, and the more my perception of the script (made by me for another) I lose it.

I mean, I'm not a mathematician, I may no longer remember what to do, or insert, or solve any Bugs, if I waste too much time to finish this table.
It's a miracle, that I managed to do almost everything, I miss the animation of the "Milion Plus" mode, if anyone can help in this, I can say what they are.

Thanks to all you.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:06 pm 

Hi Wild,

Apologies for not getting back to you with the remaining Batman DMD Animation - but as you thought... I have been VERY busy; normal life activities mainly.

As a thought... Not too sure the 'Million Plus' Animation can be a standard *.dmdf font file, as there are too many variables (in my opinion) to capture it / the variances.

There could be ways around this, but this would require 'overlaying' *dmdf fonts with additional Font Sets (as I have previously sent you an example of... does this make sense?).

Kind Regards,

Gin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP