Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post subject: Re: Jaws ULTIMATE 1.05-3
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:24 am 

Dear George,

In this table you explain for novices the lines that we need to copy for dynamic flippers+bounce control in the script. In addition there is a text for XML (Physics). Is necessary to do both actions ?.

Thanks a lot.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:58 pm 

otro5 wrote:
Dear George,

In this table you explain for novices the lines that we need to copy for dynamic flippers+bounce control in the script. In addition there is a text for XML (Physics). Is necessary to do both actions ?.

Thanks a lot.

It basically depends on what you want.

If you like the physics of the table that you want to change, then just copy the sections for flipper omega and bounce control (start copying at "=== Dynamic Flipper Settings ===" and stop at "=== End of Dynamic Flipper Settings ===".

If you want to try my physics, then copy as I describe in the script which includes the XML. My physics may not work on all tables but I have found it works on all I have tried so far. I nearly always reduce the strength of the slingshot rubbers when I add custom physics to a table. If you do that, you should come close to having the table perform like one of mine. You might try this way first and if you don't like the physics, then just delete the XML from the script.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:14 pm 

Thanks again.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 12:25 pm 

Is it possible to add the dynamic flipper code to the xml file I use? Or should I copy and paste the XML file into the script and then add your dynamic flipper code?

Is the dynamic flipper code dependent on the physics or are they independent?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:21 pm 

MayoTheGreat wrote:
Is it possible to add the dynamic flipper code to the xml file I use?

No. The flipper code must be in the script. It might be possible to create a *.vbs external file that has the code but you would still have to add a link to it in the script for it to work. I could look at that further if you like.

MayoTheGreat wrote:
Or should I copy and paste the XML file into the script and then add your dynamic flipper code?

This is possible but you have to save the xml to the script as a comment. You can add a single quote to the beginning of each line of the xml and then paste it into the script but it is easier if you follow these directions:

Rav added a simple way to copy the XML to the clipboard. While you are on the physics tweaks menu, you hold down the Shift and Ctrl keys at the same time and type the letter "C" to copy the XML as a comment. Then you can exit the table and then paste it into the script. I usually don't do this until I am finished making changes to the XML because changes aren't saved into the script XML. I have noticed that the guys seem to like not having to deal with an external XML file. If you decide to try this, be aware the XML won't become active unless you have saved changes.

There is another way of adding an XML file to the script. You hold down the Ctrl key while typing the letter "C". None of us are using this method yet because Rav hasn't set it up so BAM recognizes all the parameters. Some parameters are used and some are not.

MayoTheGreat wrote:
Is the dynamic flipper code dependent on the physics or are they independent?

The dynamic flipper code is independent from the XML. You can save one to a table and not the other if you wish. When an XML is present, it does seem to interact somewhat with the bounce control code but you won't get an error if you save one to a table and not the other.

You can even add the flipper omega code to a table and not the bounce control code. I have not tried the opposite but it will probably work.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 5:44 pm 

Thanks for the reply george. I noticed the XML code in your dynamic flippers code is based on your medieval madness custom physics. Is that entirely customized or is it based on another physics like 2.5, 2.6, 2.7? I just notice a large discrepancy between the ball mass, gravity, and damping on your custom physics and physics 2.7. I'm currently working with Star Trek (STERN) Ultimate 1.05 which uses physics 2.7.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:06 pm 

I started out creating custom physics using an XML with a light ball. Then moved on to a heavier ball with an XML file that Malifica posted on the forum. I have made many changes to it over the years and now all the tables I post have very similar physics because I always start with the same XML file. I do make slight changes to the XML but also make many changes to the strengths of the objects on the table and flipper angles. There is more to physics than just an XML file. I developed my own XML file because I don't like other the existing versions. I tend to prefer Physics 2.5 to the others but much prefer my own physics.

You can produce something pretty close to what I would create if you use the XML and dynamic flipper code from Medieval Madness and then change the table slope to 6.8 and lower the strength of the slingshots to minimum or one tick above minimum and also change the strength of the plunger if needed.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:15 pm 

For the specific table I was working with it was a matter of the plunger strength. Your custom physics drops the force a bunch for autoplunger and plunger from what physics 2.7 had. I suppose I could have corrected for that with the FP editor and selected the plunger and upped the strength, instead I just overwrote what the force values were in the script and it seems to be working. The dynamic flippers are definitely fantastic, its just gonna be a little trial and error with what physics settings i end with up with from table to table.

Thanks again

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:19 pm 

You can adjust things a bit more finely in the XML but I usually adjust the objects on the table first. You can get to a point where you have no adjustment left for objects on the table though. Then you have no choice than to make adjustments in the xml. I had that problem on the Iron Man plunger. For reasons I was never able to figure out, the plunger strength had to be set extremely high. There is some advantage to adjusting the objects on the table because you can adjust the strength of one object higher than the others, In the XML, all the objects are affected the same amount.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release