Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: 1.9 texture limit causing playfield to lose art?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:30 pm 

strange problem that sometime rears it head. If I have a lot of textures, especially if they are large files, then when i press play the playfield artwork is missing and the playfield is either black or white. the only way I can seem to fix the issue is a massive culling of textures. It seems to be a limit of the 32 bit version, the 54 bit version never does it. Is there a setting to fix this

Post subject: Re: 1.9 texture limit causing playfield to lose art?
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:00 pm 

When FP runs out of memory, it simply does not load some of the textures. When the textures do not load, you simply see what is below the texture

The Zed 64 bit FP executable has better memory management than the 32 bit versions. The Zed version basically makes FP have more memory somehow ( I don't know how it works).

Ravarcade released a version of BAM not long ago that fixed a huge memory leak so it will help if you use it.

If you uncheck the option for "load images into editor" it will perform better also. For a table developer, this is problematic because there are times when you need to see the texture in the editor. I'd say continue using the Zed exe if it works and leave this option checked when you are working on the table. It is what I do anyway.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help