Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Script Help needed, Match number display
 Post Posted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:27 pm 

How do I get a DMD to display 00 instead of 0 when the Match feature is displayed? I have had to resort to a display segment for the moment

This is my current Match generation script

Code:
If ((BallsRemaining(CurrentPlayer) <= 0) And (BallsRemaining(NextPlayer) <= 0)) Then
      ' you may wish to do some sort of Point Match free game award here
      ' generally only done when not in free play mode
      MatchNumber = 10 *(Int(Rnd *10))                                             ' Generate the match play number
      MatchPlay = 0                                                               ' There are no match plays yet

For x = 1 To PlayersPlayingGame
         If MatchNumber = nvScore(x) Mod 100 Then ScoreMATCH() 'MatchPlay = MatchPlay + 1      ' Look to all players whether there is a match with MatchNumber
      Next
         DispDmd2.QueueText "[edge3][xC][yC][f8]MATCH: "& MatchNumber, deWipeRight, 3000, TRUE
         HUDDmd2.QueueText "[edge3][xC][yC][f8]MATCH: "& MatchNumber, deWipeRight, 3000, TRUE
      If MatchNumber = 0 Then
         DispSegMatch.Text = "00"                                             ' If MatchNumber is "0" then show in Match Display "00" ...
      Else
         DispSegMatch.SetValue(MatchNumber)                                 ' ... or show any other Number
      End If

Post subject: Re: Script Help needed, Match number display
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 am 

***** PLEASE NOTE: I Do Not Code... however *****

Where the MatchNumber equals 0, could you not just include an additional "0" in front of the code to display the MatchNumber i.e.:

DispDmd2.QueueText "[edge3][xC][yC][f8]MATCH: "& "0" & MatchNumber, deWipeRight, 3000, TRUE

Otherwise continue and show the MatchNumber that is 10 or above.

Something like this...?

Code:
      For x = 1 To PlayersPlayingGame
         If MatchNumber = nvScore(x) Mod 100 Then ScoreMATCH() 'MatchPlay = MatchPlay + 1      ' Look to all players whether there is a match with MatchNumber
      Next

If Matchnumber = 0 Then
         DispDmd2.QueueText "[edge3][xC][yC][f8]MATCH: " & "0" & MatchNumber, deWipeRight, 3000, TRUE
         HUDDmd2.QueueText "[edge3][xC][yC][f8]MATCH: " & "0" & MatchNumber, deWipeRight, 3000, TRUE
      Else
         DispDmd2.QueueText "[edge3][xC][yC][f8]MATCH: " & MatchNumber, deWipeRight, 3000, TRUE
         HUDDmd2.QueueText "[edge3][xC][yC][f8]MATCH: " & MatchNumber, deWipeRight, 3000, TRUE
     End If

I'm sure the others on the site here will correct the code (Gimli/George/Wild/Franzleo/Blue...?), but as this is something similar to what I have done when including a leading '0' for number of credits / balls remaining, I thought I would share this method with you; which I know is very similar to what you already have in your code.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:46 pm 

I know very little about coding but it makes sense to me.

George

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 pm 

err, is this DMD or Solid State?

In the FPX template, which is a Solid State template. MP is the value. it generates a "0" so you just change the display text in that occasion to just display "00" instead. popette has been doing that for years, pretty simple fix
Code:
MP = 10 *(Int(Rnd *10))                                                                                    ' math to generate a random match number
            DispMP.SetValue(MP):HudMP.SetValue(MP)
            IF MP = 0 THEN DispMP.Text = "00":HudMP.Text = "00"    

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: FPx Template Engine

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:44 pm 

DMD, I have resorted to using a solid state 2 digit display for the moment until I can work out the problem, but I dont want the SS display on the final product

https://imgur.com/a/eir6BKv

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help