Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help

Post subject: Stones n Bones No Highscore Prompt
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:25 pm 

Hello there, I am new here and also bloody beginner playing around with FP. I have built a cabinet pinball, where I have already installed many FP Tables, which works great. Also the fabulous Pinball Fantasies Pinballs, which I have played a lot on Amiga/Dos. But, I have some problems with one of my favourite tables: Stones n Bones. It works great in playing it, but, unfortunately, there is no prompt at the end of the game, where I can enter the name and highscore.
I have taken a look to the script, but for my eyes, everything seems to be correct. Perhaps is here anyone hanging around who has/had the same problem, or could plz help me, how I could fix it? That would be great, because without being able to enter the highscore, playing is less funny und very unattractive ;-) :-)

Post subject: Re: Stones n Bones No Highscore Prompt
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 11:56 pm 

I looked at the table and noticed it has default high scores on the Table Info screen. I deleted them thinking that your problem may have been caused by not getting a high enough score. This is not it.

I discovered that you can enter your high score initials if you do not load BAM. This looks like it may be a small bug. I sent a message to Ravarcade telling him about it.

Try another table. I think you found a rare exception. I'll get back to you on what Ravarcade says.

George

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:00 am 

Many thx for your quick answer. Unfortunately, its not the problem with random highscore in the list, i guess, because I tried it both way: beaten the highscore, but noting happened, and deleting them manually out of the highscore.txt.
But yes, I am using BAM. It would be very sad, if I could play the game only under deactivating BAM for this special table. I hope, that Ravarcade read this and could fix it, I love this table. ;-) But crazy anyway, that no one else has this problem like me by so many ppl liking and playing this table... :-O

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:50 am 

For me, no problem with BAM and high score...

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:22 am 

Hm. Very strange. :-O When I have finisehd playing, the end music starts to play, but nothing else happens. I am totally rookie, but could perhaps be the problem, that the table has an extern vbs in the tables folder? Because, there is no problem with entering highscore when playing Partyland and Speed Devils, but there is no external script in the folder. And Billion Dollar Show... couldn`t test it yet because of a script error when starting the table. But this is unfortunately another problem... :-(

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:16 pm 

Try it without BAM in order to verify my findings. I am almost sure it is a bug. Ravarcade usually responds quickly. I am pretty sure it is not the external script. Just hold on and let Ravarcade have some time to look at it.

George

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:00 pm 

If it's a bug (why not), it's not a bug for all...

Attachment:
Stones_n_Bones.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Le prix s'oublie, la qualité reste

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:34 pm 

Popotte wrote:
If it's a bug (why not), it's not a bug for all...

I don't doubt you. It could be that the problem doesn't occur on Windows 7. It appears to be similar to a problem I had with the Wild West table and Rav was able to fix it. The script on old tables can have code that is similar to to one of the new xBAMxxx codes and makes the script not work right.

George

Last edited by GeorgeH on Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:00 pm 

Okay, then I'll wait for Ravarcades answer. :-)
Thanks a lot for your answers and help too.

Post Posted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:54 pm 

The new BAM Beta fixes this problem. It is available here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=3249&p=86134#p86134

The fix corrects "Billion Dollar Gameshow" and "Psycho Pinball: Wild West 1.00" also.

I think this Beta should be added to version BAM_v1.4-197 (if my number count is correct).

George

Board index » Future Pinball » FAQ & Help