Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: cabinet builds??
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:22 am 

Im getting much closer on starting a cabinet build but im really surprised there isnt a special section on the site geared toward that aspect. I know there has to be alot of people building them but you have to search for them. Wouldnt be alot easier to find more info on builds in there own section?
Im sure there is alot i need to know to build a proper setup one so please any info i can get since there isnt a special section anyone regarding this can you help point me in the right direction.
So far ive gotten a few hundred tables and 160+ working on pinballx, using FP and have upgraded it to DOFlinx im still on my desktop testing and learning new things as i go but need to start learning about the cabinet build so please feed me.
thank you very much in advance for any help :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: cabinet builds??
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:51 pm 

Guys,

Can't we add a section for pincabs under the Forum heading?

I'm sorry GamnITup I have written several other guides on the forum but I don't have a pincab so I can't help.

George

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:58 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Guys,

Can't we add a section for pincabs under the Forum heading?

I'm sorry GamnITup I have written several other guides on the forum but I don't have a pincab so I can't help.

George

I dont know if its just me but im thinking for everyone else that is thinking about putting together a cabinet to have one place with a wealth of everyones knowledge and see peoples (because come on i know it cant be just us guys that like this stuff you to ladies :D ) projects in one place and get help for this specific part.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:59 pm 

Can you all that want to participate put your links to your projects in my thread then please?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:00 pm 

can i post links to some youtube videos in here?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:41 pm 

GamnITup wrote:
can i post links to some youtube videos in here?

Yes it is done frequently.

George

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:07 am 

i also want to build a cabinet but led screens are not going to take much abuse one pickup and drop in anger of losing ball and screen cracked.3m make a rear projection film so im going to try projector from undeneath glass and mount it on anti vibtration mounts like a engine mounting(small)the glass can be normal pinball tempered glass .any ideas?then ill check result or has somone done it already

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:00 am 

If I understand what you are asking, I think what you are wanting is a "rear projection screen". You can google what I put in quotes and find all kinds of stuff. This video shows one that includes a short throw projector that I think you will want also. (The throw distance is the distance between the lens of the projector and the screen).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBzu9l8_tM

Even with a short throw projector, I think your backbox may be deeper than the ones that are on most cabinet builds. ...But the game play from the front of the cabinet should not be much different than other cabinet builds.

This is an interesting idea. You might be able to just cut out the areas of the screen where the speakers are displayed on the translite and place your real speakers there. You should talk to the maker of the screen and make sure that you can cut the screen material without causing problems. The screen material does need to be stretched pretty tight.

George

Post Posted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:34 pm 

thanks i think rear backglasss will have to be lcd a 32 inch break is not like a 42 inch break i think the material is self adhesive its used for projecting ads on shopfront displays backglass is well supported.

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion