Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Total nob in need of guidance
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:59 pm 

Well as stated im a total nob and will have lots of questions. I would love to do a virtual pin ball cabinet build with all the great tables loaded. Ive downloaded FP and have been playing around with tron so far and im just testing out the full screen capability on my home computer to get my feet wet so far.
My initial problem is getting the table to fill the screen if i put the res. to 720x576, rotation at 270 and the visual is terrible if i put it like it should be 1920x1080 the table is way to small is there has to be a way to stretch it to make it fit?
thanks in advance

Post subject: Re: Total nob in need of guidance
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:24 am 

Have you checked the Full Screen Button? This seems like a totally obvious question, but this is how it is usually done :)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:08 am 

You can see the "Full Screen" check box on Step 8 of my guide located here:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

The native resolution of my monitor is 2560 x 1440 so I set the resolution on the "Video / Rendering Options" to match it. As Returnee suggests, I check the "Full Screen" check box also.

If you haven't found my guide before now, you should read the rest of it. When you make your way through it, you will find a link to my BAM guide also.

George

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:36 pm 

Ok ive since figured out some more things ive installed bam (AWESOME!), and got DOFlinx going with all supporting software going first this was nerve racking till i figured out where everything went. So now i can do alot more and have alot more tables to run.
Now i would like to be able to choice my tables without going into the future pinball and open up each one at a time. Ive seen some videos of people just switching through a full screen menu from table to table this is my next objective can i please have some help on this thanks.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:07 pm 

You will need to install a front end like PinballX or HyperPin on a pincab. I have never used either but I think most of the guys prefer PinballX. On a desktop, I just use this method:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5653

George

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:30 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
You will need to install a front end like PinballX or HyperPin on a pincab. I have never used either but I think most of the guys prefer PinballX. On a desktop, I just use this method:

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5653

George

Thanks i got it working now learning more.
I couldnt get the desk top mod working like you did im still testing and playing around but need to start purchasing what i need to start my cabinet build.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:04 pm 

GamnITup wrote:
...I couldnt get the desk top mod working like you did im still testing and playing around but need to start purchasing what i need to start my cabinet build.

I'm sorry you couldn't get it working. There have been others that installed FP in a different location and then use one of the codes I posted. That won't work. The first time I ran the code, I have previously created a file association for the *.fpt file and I think it messed the code up. I have since installed it on several computers without a problem. If you let me know the problem you are experiencing, I will try to help.

George

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion