Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27
 Post subject: Re: Slamtilt's new releases on his new website
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:05 am 

Slam finally posted something on his site. He was in Berlin and apparently was unable to post anything until now. He says he managed to keep his job. He had everything boxed up ready to leave and then didn't have to.

George

Post Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:24 pm 

My update to SLAMT1LT's Future Pinball table, "Tron Legacy (Stern Ultimate) DOFLinx: MX PuP SSF" and it's new PuP-Pack are now available over at VPinball. Featuring the first FP table with both PuP Videos and SSF!

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tron- ... x-pup-ssf/

https://vpinball.com/VPBdownloads/tron- ... opper-ssf/

A video preview showing it played in my cabinet with DOFLinx feedback, lighting, and PuP Videos can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sguD2L3w0og

The only thing better would be an Ultimate Pro version.... :(

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:56 pm 

Making cool tables and not releasing them all the while bitching about Visual Pinball gave me the impression there must be some serious butthurt going on for whatever reason, but I don't care. I'm only here to play pinball, and since there are no good recreations coming for FP anymore and all the great stuff comes out on VPX recently it's the way to go, simple. I could care less for all the infighting both sides do, I just want the best recreations possible, period.

The tables from Slam were nicely modded, sure, but what's the point of FP if you can't download and play them anymore, so, even if his (new) stuff is better as he claims, it's not existent in my book. Great new VPX table DO EXIST however, and they get constantly better and that's all I need to know. Not to mention physics in FP are a mess and no one who makes tables for it puts any effort into their creation playing right, for a casual pinball player that's a no-go if there ever was one.

It's not the old program that killed FP, it's the lack of playable good old Bally tables, and that's what regular people want to see, not some modding circle for BAM and the latest gimmick. In the end, all that was left as an option for me is to move on. Not doing any Pinball atm, but if I ever get into it again, I will start fresh with VPX: Gameplay and physics are a MUST, otherwise it's no fun to play and FP lost the race big time.

Having to "fix" a table before you can even play it is a chore and not fun, that's why FP is done in my book.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:08 pm 

Goodbye. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:00 am 

gibsmedat wrote:

Wow, that's a lot of negative thoughts.
You should probably get out of your cave and take a big breath of fresh air ;)

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:48 pm 

Not going to leave it anytime soon

Looks like I won't have to mess with VPX after all, now that ZEN will create a commercial product with the WMS/Bally licenses, so.. it all quickly changes and that's not negative or bad at all, I'm just realistic. Don't get me wrong, FP was nice for what it was, but without Slam tables it pretty much became useless (evenmoreso now that Zen will churn out massive amounts of tables in HQ, they didn't buy that license for nothing, no point on "recreating" stuff when the pro's are already on it). I was never into "originals", and that is still the strong suit of FP, but it's not what I'm interested in. Like i said: give me product X, if product Z does it better, no reason to stick to the old (and for some, I think it is some weird fetish or something, no other explanation for that).
I won't invest time in the old when I can have fun actually playing the new. Fixing FP tables is not what I consider fun, that's all :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 266 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release