Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: World Cup Soccer by Smoke and Rom
 Post Posted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:20 am 

bloodydrake wrote:
ok in the libraries folder just make a subfolder for each does the subfolder name need to match the table name? or will FP just read all files?

thanks for your help

In your Tables folder create a WCS94 one and put all files insides, it works for me.

Post Posted: Thu May 18, 2017 4:10 pm 

that worked thanks!

Post Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:40 pm 

I know this is off-topic, but It always bugs me a little when new tables get "introduced": The library system of FP is simply annoying. The libraries make things more messy and confusing by spreading resources across multiple files (.fpl), I think that's bad design choice on behalf of the maker of FP. I wish there were an easy way or a tool to turn them into single .fpt files to keep things "nice & simple".

Regarding the table, it's recreation is looking superb, with the physics being my main gripe. I use 2.5physics on all smoke&rom tables now, they are not optimal but the custom one's don't cut it for me at all & I don't like every table having a different custom physics variant, I try to keep as many tables as possible at either 1.0 or 2.7, with 2.5 being a fallback. Custom physics are a red cloth in this household 8-)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:22 am 

Hey Smoke, just recognized there was an update yesterday. Does it contain dynamic flippers?

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:51 pm 

not really but a little bit ....
xmen /wc94 contains a new physics with new parameter on flipp motions (rotation charts) like found in
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6676&start=20
and
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6676&start=50

and this physics play very well on my all other personnal customized table (all my table are around 6 degree slop + used the same physics as the one provided on new version of xmen/wc94)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:02 pm 

Smoke,

You are welcome to use the code for dynamic flippers from Medieval Madness if you would like. You may want to change the flipper starting angles or some of the parameters in the XML but it may not be necessary. The code is basically just copy and paste. You can change the parameters in the code and is pretty obvious what you change.
You do need to use BAM version 1.4-233 or later.

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-2 ... s_ultimate

George

Post Posted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:06 pm 

Smoke...

Yes..the days of trying to keep FP tables working without BAM are gone. There are just too many new features and better ways of doing things.

Your new magnet on x-men was a fantastic example smoke.

I also would urge you to give Gimli and George's Dynamic Flipper code a try... and the new Shadowmaps feature with BAM, and using hardware lighting (flashers) for GI under the slings like what SLAM is doing now (combined with lower ambient lighting in BAM)...

Always loved this table! Such a great job on the FP version.

Your ball rolling is excellent btw. I can add SSF (surround sound feedback for cabinets) to FP tables using DOFLinx and Pinup Player...but ball rolling is the only thing i can't easily make work with that. :( When you can hear and feel the mechanical sounds of the game under your playfield screen, and "where" they are... you can't go back to normal sound again. :)

Post Posted: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:13 pm 

The wife and I went to a barcade over the weekend and had a pretty competitive session on this real cab then I told her I had a virtual version of this. Needless to say she wanted to keep competing! I'm in the process of building a Pincab and decided to set up a table with playfield and Backglass. Man this version played so great! It's funny people dog on FP physics but after going to an arcade and playing a variety of cabs, the FP physics aren't as horrible as people make them out to be. Your custom physics file is legit almost spot on.

Also in relation to the sounds FPL issue with X-Men i hope someone releases a fixed version of either game. I hate having to overwrite the FPL file each time I wanna play either game :-/

Post Posted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:55 pm 

to avoid the problem on sound library with the same name, just separate the pinball game by having a folder for each game.
a wc94 folder for wc94, a xmen folder for xmen etc.... its works well with pinball frontend

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release