Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Twister
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:45 am 

ciacho wrote:
Quick question about skillshot: is it scripted and possible to do?!
After some experiments with plunger setting (on default it shoots like canon) I managed to shot on correct trajectory (to the middle of spinning disc) but nothing happen...?!

Looks like it is not scribted. If you can add it, I am very happy. :D

Post Posted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:26 pm 

Definitely one of our favourite tables here (thanks to the author(s)), but we too don't recall any sucessful (with points) skill shot. Is it working or no? Also, and more prominently, does anyone have any idea when the scoring in the high-score table will be fixed on Future Pinball as it seems to be missing one '0' off the end on some of the tables?

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:16 pm 

I don't know whether it'a me and my settings again, but on all versions of the Twister table, the ball is regularly (almost every game) getting stuck just below the truck at the top of the table (is my ball too heavy or something?) If I try nudging, that sometimes works it ejecting the ball out from where it is stuck, it usually more than likely ends up resulting in TILTing the table, meaning a reload of FP. Any suggestions please?
If this problem has already been addressed and I missed it, then my profuse apologies.

Best regards
Al & Family

facebook.com/al.gray.127
New *friends* are always welcome and encouraged to add us =o)

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:44 pm 

I don't know whether it'a me and my settings again, but on all versions of the Twister table, the ball is regularly (almost every game) getting stuck just below the truck (drectly below the letters R and A in 'TRANSPORT')at the top of the table (is my ball too heavy or something?) If I try nudging, that sometimes works, ejecting the ball out from where it is stuck (I'm guessing it happens because I haven't hit the ball hard/fast enough up the right ramp(?)), it usually more than likely ends up resulting in TILTing the table, meaning a reload of FP. Any suggestions please?
If this problem has already been addressed and I missed it, then my profuse apologies.

Best regards
Al & Family

facebook.com/al.gray.127
New *friends* are always welcome and encouraged to add us =o)

Last edited by zedster on Thu May 21, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 5:45 pm 

Regarding the skill shot, what skinooe said also.

Post Posted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:26 pm 

you can create a new ball when it gets stuck

Code:
If keycode = 48  then 'B on your keyboard
             CreateNewBall()
         End if

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:10 am 

I know this topic is old, but I am new to the FP and digital pinball world and have been getting my hands dirty setting up FP with BAM with different physics per table, and changing some minor bugs where I can.

For the scoring issue on this table, BAM now has the ability to register up to 999 trillion points (something that was a limitation in Future Pinball before), so here is how you fix your score:

-Load table into Future Pinball
-Click Script
-Ctrl+F (Find) nvscore
-change this line : "nvScore(CurrentPlayer) = nvScore(CurrentPlayer) + (points/10)"
-to this: "nvScore(CurrentPlayer) = nvScore(CurrentPlayer) + (points)"
-go back to the top of the script
-under "Option Explicit" add a line and type:
' xBAM.FixScore

even though the line is commented out with the ` symbol, BAM will still recognize the call out in the script. This should fix both the high score not being the same as what is shown on the DMD as well as allowing the high score beyond the original limit. The original limit was 2 billion something points which can be quite easily achieved on a few tables (Twister, Attack from Mars, Apollo 13) so the creators put a divider in the script for the score so the table wouldn't crash while you were in the middle of an epic game. Any other tables you find that divide your final score for the score board, feel free to try this fix on those tables as well.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:20 am 

I posted the fix for a couple of other tables here and found quite a few where you can just add the code without issue:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 320#p84320

George

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:23 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I posted the fix for a couple of other tables here and found quite a few where you can just add the code without issue:

http://www.gopinball.com/forum/viewtopi ... 320#p84320

George

Hi George,

So I've actually found a lot of your posts and you've helped me out a lot without even knowing you did! I found you post with the best solid state tables and used that as a template for my starting place of tables. Originally when I got into this it was because an all-in-one front end for PC included future pinball and over 700 tables in their rom pack. That was wayyyyy too many tables to filter thru to find the ones I liked, so I stumbled upon BAM, then stumbled upon your solid state post, and I've been tinkering ever since. I intend to eventually build a cabinet but I wanted to get everything working on the desktop first. I've got about 97 tables currently that play pretty well if not perfectly. I've fixed/added HUDs to tables that didnt have them, fixed the scoring bug on some tables ive noticed and I probably wouldn't have been able to without finding posts from you and rav. I came to this thread because I was having a script issue with twister then once I fixed that (was trying to use a LedWiz version on desktop and was getting script errors for ledwiz commands) I ran into some sticking issues. I noticed nobody had updated this specific thread with the scoring update so I figured I'd post it in case anyone else comes here.

The work you and others in the community have done is fantastic and helps me remain self sufficient. I also joined the party just in time for Slam to start releasing new updates for his tables.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:07 pm 

Thanks.

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release