Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 236, 237, 238, 239, 240  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:59 pm 

A tool I could use as a table developer is a key to lock the ball in place.

I often need to analyze ramps for problems where the ball gets stuck or other performance problems. When I zoom in to an area where there is a problem, I have trouble finding the ball. What I would like is to be able to move the ball with the ball roller to a location and lock it in place. Then I can use F11 to zoom in and lock it in place which you can do by pressing F11 a second time (thanks for adding that feature). Then I could unlock the ball and move it around with the ball roller and do my testing.

I am probably the only one that would use this though.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:04 pm 

We all do that george. On complex games works great, though games like tut I had to remove the entire top section to find collision errors and then rebuild the entire top from scratch bit by bit.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:52 pm 

blue wrote:
We all do that george. On complex games works great, though games like tut I had to remove the entire top section to find collision errors and then rebuild the entire top from scratch bit by bit.

So having a key to lock the ball in place would be helpful to you also.

Maybe there is more value in this feature than I thought. I normally end up using the roller ball to move the ball to the approximate location and then position the camera there. Unfortunately, moving the mouse for the camera also moves the ball because of the roller ball. The ball often moves out of view of the camera. I can sometimes get the ball back in view but I frequently can't. Then I have to repeat the whole process over again which is rather frustrating.

I sometimes create a cradle on the playfield to hold the ball in place until I get the camera positioned but that doesn't usually work on a ramp where most of the problems occur.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:55 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
blue wrote:

So having a key to lock the ball in place would be helpful to you also.

Maybe there is more value in this feature than I thought. I normally end up using the roller ball to move the ball to the approximate location and then position the camera there. Unfortunately, moving the mouse for the camera also moves the ball because of the roller ball. The ball often moves out of view of the camera. I can sometimes get the ball back in view but I frequently can't. Then I have to repeat the whole process over again which is rather frustrating.

I sometimes create a cradle on the playfield to hold the ball in place until I get the camera positioned but that doesn't usually work on a ramp where most of the problems occur.

I never use the mouse for Ball Roller, I use a gamepad. It's MUCH MUCH better.

If you have a gamepad, disable the mouse in the controls settings, and then setup the gamepad for x and y axis, and a button to enable ball roller.

This will allow your mouse to only be used for the camera... and the gamepad controls the ball so much nicer. It's what I use in my video demos.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 10:29 pm 

I don't have a game pad. It is either roller ball or nothing.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:39 pm 

So, I'm updating PinEvent a bit more as Jaws Ultimate Pro PE gets closer to being done.

One thing I wondered was about setting FP's Music and Sound volume by default per Pinevent Profile and per table as a standard. The reason for this is because FP's audio is much louder than PUP_SSF.... so it needs to always be set much lower for tables using it.

Is there specific global FP or BAM commands I can use to adjust Sound and Music separately in script instead of using PageUp/Down and Home/End?

Just want to be sure I'm using the most "correct" way of doing things.

@Ravarcade

On a separate note: BAM and Camera POV.

Cabinet owners use BAM's "Static View" 95% of the time, unless they use Head Tracking.

The default Camera and table POV in BAM is frankly...terrible. Getting a good camera POV for most user's is a bit confusing, and most people do a bad job when they try.

I provide a decent enough default.cfg for people to use in my own guide, but would it be possible for me to create a really nice default.cfg and have the Camera and table's POV and Backglass settings be used for new built-in settings for BAM's Static View? This way BAM would use good settings even if the default.cfg was erased and BAM made a new file?

Post Posted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 11:57 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
Is there specific global FP or BAM commands I can use to adjust Sound and Music separately in script instead of using PageUp/Down and Home/End?

Just want to be sure I'm using the most "correct" way of doing things.

I think global sound level changes were intended to be adjusted by the end user only.

There is the hard way which I am sure you know about. You can add a constant to each playsound and playmusic command in the script. It is time consuming but it has already been done on the Apollo 13 table.

Post Posted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:23 am 

@TerryRed
In script you can read nvMusicVolume & nvSoundVolume.
If you set new value, it will be not applied until use set it with PgUp/PgDown.
Example, if startig value nvSoundVolume = 100 and you set it in script to 10 you will not hear change of volume. Now if user press PgUp it will be set to 15 and output volume will be reduced.

If you have better "default.cfg", please send it to me and i will make it default for next bam release.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 3:20 pm 

Hey everyone, I'm having an issue and a hard time finding a solution. Joy-KB Emu wont work with BAM/FPLoader.. (on Win10)

I am using a ZeroDelay Encoder, I have searched and searched and cant find a fix for Joy2Key and BAM/FPLoader. I have found a few post where others have said, Joy2Key (and other Joy-KB Emulation) works with FP.exe but not if you run though BAM, which is exactly what I'm dealing with. Any ideas?

I know I can setup FP with gamepad input but with the zero encoder I have no nudge ability.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:32 am 

Answer for 6 of 1 --- not sure what your trying to accomplish --- See if this will help.
I use Joy to Key to play pinball on STEAM because I couldn't figure out how to get my buttons (flippers) to work.
Put Joy to Key on desk top and make a profile (program as per instructions) --- Run it from desk top and then run FP Loader.exe

Try this, see if it works for you.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2394 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 236, 237, 238, 239, 240  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner