Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:47 am 

Congratulations Terry you are a Genius It's wonderful. :D

The ball too easily goes into the hole don't you think?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:09 pm 

abbaabba wrote:

What "hole" ? :)

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:30 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
abbaabba wrote:

What "hole" ? :)

:mrgreen: The BIG hole in the middle of the playfield it's a bit difficult :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:21 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
@TerryRed
I don't know, maybe this may be usefull for you:
xBAM.Camera.Mode
xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0 if it is FP is in desktop/normal mode
= 1 in arcade mode (or forced arcade mode)
= 2 in VR

Hmmmm... I have tried using the above command, but it doesn't seem to return any value except for 0 (Desktop mode)

I tried Arcade mode and Forced Arcade mode.... but I always get a return of 0 / Desktop mode.

This is how I was trying to use those commands...so that the PineEvent Profile is set based on the camera mode used by BAM.

PinEvent_Profile = 0

If PinEvent_Profile = 0 then
if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0 then PinEvent_Profile = 1: AddDebugText "Desktop mode" 'Desktop Mode
if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 1 then PinEvent_Profile = 2: AddDebugText "Cabinet mode" 'Arcade / Cabinet Mode
if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 2 then PinEvent_Profile = 3: AddDebugText "VR mode" 'VR Mode
End If

Am I using this correctly?

Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 7:24 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
ravarcade wrote:
@TerryRed
I don't know, maybe this may be usefull for you:
xBAM.Camera.Mode
xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0 if it is FP is in desktop/normal mode
= 1 in arcade mode (or forced arcade mode)
= 2 in VR

Hmmmm... I have tried using the above command, but it doesn't seem to return any value except for 0 (Desktop mode)

I tried Arcade mode and Forced Arcade mode.... but I always get a return of 0 / Desktop mode.

This is how I was trying to use those commands...so that the PineEvent Profile is set based on the camera mode used by BAM.

PinEvent_Profile = 0

If PinEvent_Profile = 0 then
if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0 then PinEvent_Profile = 1: AddDebugText "Desktop mode" 'Desktop Mode
if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 1 then PinEvent_Profile = 2: AddDebugText "Cabinet mode" 'Arcade / Cabinet Mode
if xBAM.Camera.Mode = 2 then PinEvent_Profile = 3: AddDebugText "VR mode" 'VR Mode
End If

Am I using this correctly?

OK... so it seems that BAM doesn't report the camera mode as Cabinet Mode unless you have BAM's settings set to "Forced Arcade". Just having "Arcade Mode" enabled in FP settings isn't enough and BAM won't report FP as running in cabinet mode. :(

Hmmmm... normally I wouldn't worry about that.... but for many cabinet users who have FP running fine with just "Arcade Mode" enabled.... this won't allow PinEvent to autodetect the camera mode.

Many users don't realize that they must disable FP's "Arcade Mode" setting before they can see the option for "Forced Arcade mode" to appear in the BAM menu.

Is this working as expected Rav?

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:07 am 

The new update to RetroFlair – BAM Edition 1.1a, and PinEvent 1.0b are now available for testing!

I made dedicated posts for it. I didn't want to keep flooding the BAM thread with all the details.

Go here to get the table and all the PinEvent related files you need for it:

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=16275&p=100394#p100394

or here:

https://vpinball.com/forums/topic/pinev ... ng-needed/

Please let me know how this update works for you guys. Note, that these are all new files...so you need to reinstall all files if you had any previous versions. If you are a cabinet user you need to read ALL instructions and configure your PinEvent profiles with the new files.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:57 pm 

another beta... v266
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- Miniplayfield will move flasher light source if flasher is inside mini-playfield.
- Miniplayfield / fixed position of objects reflected
- new params accesible from in script: xBAM.Table.Width, xBAM.Table.Length

@TerryRed:
xBAM.Camera.Mode works fine for me, but i tester only with one monitor. Tomorrow i will check again with 2.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:30 pm 

It doesn't seem like you would want to change the width and length of a table. I have done it by accident and it messes up the whole table. .. Or are you talking about the lighting for the table?

George

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:29 pm 

ravarcade wrote:
another beta... v266
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- Miniplayfield will move flasher light source if flasher is inside mini-playfield.
- Miniplayfield / fixed position of objects reflected
- new params accesible from in script: xBAM.Table.Width, xBAM.Table.Length

@TerryRed:
xBAM.Camera.Mode works fine for me, but i tester only with one monitor. Tomorrow i will check again with 2.

Awesome stuff Rav! Yah the camera mode works fine for cabinet, but only if BAM's Force Arcade Mode is enabled (which isn't a requirement for cabinet users).

GeorgeH, I believe the xBAM.Table.Width, xBAM.Table.Length could be used for reporting table dimensions for things like SSF Ball Rolling functions, so you can accurately use positioning data for playing ball rolling sounds in 3d positions for 5.1 / 7.1 sound setups.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:46 pm 

Hi All,
Thought someone else might find this info helpful.
I am currently doing a MOD for The Good Bad and The Ugly add the line xBAM.CreateAllExt() to the script and table crashed over and over. Remove xBAM table works, added back xBAM but moved the table to a different folder presto! all working again. So I started looking for a solution as I had bmp, jpg, tga, mp3 and ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs in the same folder as the GBU table.

Renamed the folder, re-pasted the working table back into the folder, restarted PC, nope still crashed. So I removed all files except for the GBU Table file, presto! all working again.
So I started adding the previous files back one by one no crash until I added back the ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs. Restart PC nope table crashed, remove ZBR.vbs all good again. I have had the ZBR.vbs with table files before without issue. So I replace the troublesome ZBR.vbs with a fresh copy into the table folder. Presto! all working again.
It's very odd that only when a table crashes is seems to damage the vbs file? and only when using xBAM.CreateAllExt().
There is no need to have ZBRrollingballsoundslib.vbs in the table folder it should be in a Scripts folder in the Future Pinball Folder. But I am certain I am not the only one who also had a copy in the table folder. Hopefully this helps anyone who is having crash issues, cheers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2242 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 220, 221, 222, 223, 224, 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner