Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16
 Post subject: Re: Jurassic Park
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:43 pm 

There is no file. The content is in the script. Just search the script for "execute". I think the code is used to make 2 groups of wire guides collidable/uncollidable. One way to eliminate "execute" might be to identify each wire guide individually. I'm not much of a coder but it might work. I think there are very few tables that use the execute command.

I use Windows Defender antivirus. I decided to try adding FP to the exceptions list but it didn't work. The option reads that it only prevents scans of it when scanning. As far as I can tell, there is no way to selectively turn off real time protection. (I do actually use Malwarebytes also but have previously determined it does not affect FP).

The PC is water cooled and overclocked but I know nothing more than that about it. I bought it this way. It says 3.4 GHz on the properties screen but don't know if that is the overclocked state or not (I am thinking probably not). I don't remember when I bought it.

I5-3570k
16 GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX-670

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:00 am 

I used Windows Defender in conjunction with malwarebytes as well. Adding the the table itself to the exception list definitely helps, so if there are only a few tables with the shake command and you really dont want to turn off real time protection this can work. I think the worst fps drop I had was from 60 down to 55. Its tolerable, and it didn't get any worse with a multiball. I haven't had the chance to run it with real time protection off yet, so I'll have to see if theres any fps drop at all with that.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:16 pm 

Maybe I entered it on the wrong option. When I opened Windows Defender, I clicked on "Virus and Threat Protection" and then clicked on "Virus and Threat Protection Settings". Then I scrolled down to "Exclusions" and added an exclusion in several different ways but nothing helped. Did you use this same option or something different?

George

Post Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:34 pm 

I'm running on Windows 10 with the latest update. The latest update definitely seemed to change how Windows Defender works. For a while I couldn't even change settings because Windows though Malwarebytes was my "anti-virus" so it locked me out of windows defender with a message "This is controlled by your IT Administrator". In order to fix that I had to go into malwarebytes and change a setting. Open Malwarebytes, click settings, make sure youre on the application tab. Scroll down to Windows Action Center and make sure the 2nd option is ticked "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

This doesn't disable malwarebytes at all, it just tells windows to ignore malwarebytes as an "anti-virus" so they can run in tandem. This may be holding you up. Once you change that, open Windows Defender, click Virus and Threat Protection, then click Manage Settings under "Virus & threat protection settings" then scroll down to Exclusions, click add or remove exclusions, when you then click add an exclusion it gives you options for a file/folder/file type or Process. I added the tables folder and the individual table.

Hopefully this helps you out.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2019 6:45 pm 

I just wanted to follow up about the shakeit fps drops and the final solution. So I was actually still getting fps drops no matter what I added as an exclusion, and then while trying to figure out other settings of windows defender to try I came across some information that 2 anti-malware/anti-virus programs that both have real-time protection can interfere with each other, but it has also been said that malwarebytes and windows defender can run in tandem without issues.

I actually have the premium version of malwarebytes, so its real-time protection is always running, so the internet claims that since I already have malwarebytes real-time protection running to disable Windows Defender Real-time protection. There is a way to do this in local group policy editor so it won't be temporary and won't turn back on permanently. I've decided to go this route since malwarebytes alerts me of real issues far more frequently and windows defender is overly conservative anyways.

If you want instructions on how to disable windows defender real time protection in group policy I can show you. I would only advise this if you have malwarebytes premium or another application that offers real-time protection

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 12:58 pm 

I just noticed a couple bugs in this table, and was hoping someone with experience may be able to help me. I can edit the necessary changes myself in the script if need be.

When playing raptor 2 ball, if the main ball drains and you're left with the 2nd ball, the camera no longer follows the ball. This can be distracting if your used to playing up to that point with the camera following the ball.

I've also noticed a few times that sometimes the game thinks the turn is over if only 1 ball drains, but the flippers don't stop working so you can continue playing the 2nd ball, but another ball pops up in the plunger as if its a new turn, then the game gets confused because it thinks only 1 ball is supposed to be on the playfield but there are 2, so when the actual turn ends the game freezes. This is my favorite table currently and I had my highest score going when one of those freezes happened and it was a bit frustrating.

Any insight into this would be appreciated. Thanks!

-Mayo

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release