Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: FPx Table Template v1
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:39 pm 

according to my admin panel George, your account was not validated by email. I reset your account to registered, so try that.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:52 pm 

It works now.

Thanks Blue!

George

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:51 am 

Blue,

If you haven't done so already, you should use the method Gimli and I talk about on the following thread to code DMDs. Once it is coded, all you need to do to add or remove a DMD is to add or delete the name of the DMD from 4 or 5 subroutines. It is not necessary to repeat the same coding for each DMD:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10214&start=10

George

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:36 pm 

Thank you george, thought about it, but I felt that using a DMD would be too much for most beginners, and requires a lot of learning for animations etc. It would require a huge amount of my time as well, and I have already too much on my plate as it is with the time I have so I have priorities on which features come next. In the next 2 weeks, I will have a lot of time to study VBscript to be able to work on a key feature, which I feel will have a huge impact (if I can pull it off that is) on FP

Post Posted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:57 pm 

Update time. Took some time off to play Video Games, but just started up the next version. Here is a list of what is complete so far, or presently working on. A lot more things will be added, like bonus collect, a playfield multiplier, and more routines for the display among others.

(In progress)
- Fixed: Bam "fix" breaking nvHighscore. From now on, set the highscore and names in the table info section
- Fixed: textdebug now shows proper information in debug mode. This appears to happen with slower computers, or the debug mode just isn't fast enough to write too much text
- Added some mechanical sounds
- constAddDebug has different settings based on number
1 = shows engine subroutines and addEngineEvent
2 = shows AddMusicSet subroutines and the music case it is playing. This also now shows AddLightFX and AddDisplay subroutine calls
- Renamed some things, deleted unused routines. LightAttract effect slowed
- Added Mystery Feature. Player can set minimum and maximum values for a random score
- AddScoringEvent sections included in the manual with complete discription for coders
- AddDisplay new additions: "Radar"

I would like to add more BAM support, but just don't have the time to go through it all, it could take weeks, so if someone can give me the complete code of all the BAM stuff presently being used, I will make sure I add it to the next build of fpx.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:16 pm 

After looking at some of the comments here about the state of the FP community now, I decided to rethink my roadmap a bit and instead key in on the most important feature planned for fpx, the ability to do a completed layout complete with complex coding in a very short time, while avoiding all the pitfalls of other templates.

Most templates end up not being used because the people it was aimed for, most beginners or intermediate coders, lack the knowledge to be able to use the code even if it's very simple. Everyone else just can't be bothered to take that time to learn, and it doesn't help that most devs overly complicate their code or just don't explain it properly.

On top of that, we need people here. BAM no matter how good it is, is just not adding new users to the community. In fact, everyone here is so into all the new BAM features that they are not creating or updating tables as much, and it's getting very noticeable.

I developed fpx not only to be a engine, but as a tutorial and teaching tool. With Beta 1.3, there will be a way to get people to actually make their own game, and maybe be a part of this community. (we have cookies!) Games like PCS sold millions in it's time, and I don't see why fpx couldn't do the same thing, bring more people into this community, get them to learn the basics, and then eventually, when they feel they are ready, to learn fp or tackle vpx.

So, Beta 1.2 will be out real soon. I was going to add other features like BAM support within my menu system, but as blunt as this sounds, BAM is not the important thing right now, it's getting the engine to start allowing people to create their own tables from scratch that is the most important thing. The more people that come here, and the sooner they come, the better we all are in the end run.

With beta 1.3, I will be working only on the vault system, which will be the key feature for fpx. The vault will contain far more complex scoring, like Bally's advance score, multiball, lane change etc.

If people want to help out with the other things, and add their own stuff that's great. In between working on each section, building the vault, and also writing the manual (which actually takes the most time) I could do with all the help I can get, and get the engine to be maturer faster.

Just writing the new manual additions now, and a quick test of the engine to make sure it's stable and no game breaking bugs. Soon as it's ready, a link will be up. (crossing my fingers and toes actually) In the meanwhile, here's the updated list of whats new

Build 1.2

(In progress)
- Fixed: Bam "fix" breaking nvHighscore. From now on, set the highscore and names in the table info section
- Fixed: textdebug now shows proper information in debug mode. This appears to happen with slower computers, or the debug mode just isn't fast enough to write too much text
- Removed music/light/display routines not used.
- Drain code fixed to allow main music feature to finish playing before bonus count started. (TimerDrain)
- Added some mechanical sounds, there are now 3 musicsets present within fpx. Bally 1981, Williams 1979, and williams 1980. fpx can support a unlimited amount of musicsets, it's just the time needed to create them.
- constAddDebug has different settings based on number
1 = shows engine subroutines and addEngineEvent
2 = shows AddMusicSet subroutines and the music case it is playing. This also now shows AddLightFX and AddDisplay subroutine calls
- Renamed some things, deleted unused routines. LightAttract scroll effect slowed, replaced table name showing with replay goal instead
- Added Mystery Feature. Player can set minimum and maximum values for a random score
- AddScoringEvent sections included in the manual with copies of the code used by the engine and complete description for coders
- AddDisplay new additions: "Radar"
- HUD key added (show HUD/ Hide HUD) Because BAM uses the default HUD key for it's own menu, a second HUD key is added set to the "H" key. nvR and nvS support is added, the table will now save menu settings.
- Table Menu system added. Use "M" key and then flipper buttons to change options
You have to exit the table and restart the table again for the changes to take place.
- Save/Load system added. This saves number of Balls per Game, scroll/no scroll, high scores plus high score names, plunger type (enter key or arrow keys) and 3 difficulty levels
- Manual has been updated, and almost completely rewritten in spots. quite a few new pages have been added.

BAM Support
- Support added for flipper and ball shadows
- Custom ball, including blinking ball based off example by ravacade (turned off by default)
- Some small improvements made, and some additional support. None of the fancy stuff nor is it up to standard with the newer tables.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:45 pm 

Great work blue !!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:49 pm 

It looks like you are making great progress.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:41 pm 

thanks guys

Post Posted: Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:34 am 

Moi qui n'est pas sur Facebook et qui suis débutant. J'aimerais pouvoir télécharger fpx. Mais ou ¿
Bleu continu sur ta lancée et facilite le téléchargement.
Merci pour ce travail, j'ai tellement de table dans la tête que la simplification aidera.
De plus un manuel à traduire dans ma langue ne me ferait pas peur.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release