Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: The new Shadowmap/Lighting system with my new physic
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:23 pm 

Some days ago I was talking with my friend Gimli that showed me the last progress made by Ravarcade, for Flipper Physic, I've tried some tables that Gimli suggested me but I was not happy with the general physic, even if the Flipper aiming was incredibly precise, the ball slided like a cube on these tables (an old problem for FP)

So I've tweaked a lot the General physic and the Flippers parameters, but I've also played a lot with the impressive shadowmap system made by Rafal (Ravarcade) and his BAM
So I've made a bad video, with a low fps, cause my gfx card is dead, so I've used the integrated intel hd to record while playing....you cannot spot the new physic from this video for the low framerate, for the table...but I can assure that is really good for now.

This table is really slow even in the real world so I've tried to emulate the real speed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28Pg7TFgiMU

As always I need to mention Ravarcade that is making not a good job but an incredible job! He's working on a Closed Source program...he did miracles, he is the man

Post subject: Re: The new Shadowmap/Lighting system with my new physic
 Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:57 pm 

Hey great to see you back at work here !
Great work on the lighting !

The physics really is a work in progress but we now have lots of ability to adjust and work towards a template (the ideal is a script based template and the fine tuning of table object settings are up to the table developer)

You seem to like lots of bounce...

Have you also tried the ball rolling sounds ? I can't tell from your video if your are using them
viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=86&t=6580&p=85630&hilit=Rolling#p85630

Here is download with directions in the zip and a demo:
download/file.php?id=7252

Cheers,

Bob

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:22 pm 

The central light that yields the star pattern of shadows is very cool.
It would be neat to have the lights turn off and on when bumpers are hit...also some sore of rotating
of the shadows would be cool if you had a circle of light bulbs that light light in rotation

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:50 pm 

Never tried the new feature for the sound yet,but I will.
I don't like excessive bounce but I've not tweaked the table used for the shadowmaps. It's a Popotte table and for sure it has soft rubber on the upper part...I need to check.
In em tables the bounce is relatively higher than an ss table, for the rubber used at the time, for the lower slope and for the higher free space that the ball had...apart from this the tables must be tweaked always baggingbasing on the physic you have, and you have to choose the right rubbers.

At the moment I can say that with this new bam feature it's incredibly easy to create a new table with a realistic physic,it's only a matter of playing with parameters, but in the end we will have a physic that is totally similar to vp even if vp users will always critical with fp. Let's wait a bit

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:07 pm 

The shadows and lights are great, for me it bounce a lot to, and with my lucky prob ball end going directly to drain

Post Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 pm 

monnezza2 wrote:

It's very easy to do, just import the sound files and copy the enclosed script segment

monnezza2 wrote:
At the moment I can say that with this new bam feature it's incredibly easy to create a new table with a realistic physic,it's only a matter of playing with parameters, but in the end we will have a physic that is totally similar to vp even if vp users will always critical with fp. Let's wait a bit

I am so glad you agree !
Glad to have you back on the scene !

I am not sure if I sent you this link, but you might find it interesting. It is a BAM how to guide
of some of the other stuff that has happened in the past year or so...
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6587

Ignore "Animation Sequencer" as we now have Scriptable camera settings in BAM.
The tutorial doesn't have Shadows, Dynamic Flippers, Camera Angles, The updated scriptable physics tweaks, or the Beta Scriptable DMD colorizing , but it is a start :D

Cheers !

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:57 am 

francisco666 wrote:
The shadows and lights are great, for me it bounce a lot to, and with my lucky prob ball end going directly to drain

Yes, as I said I've not tweaked the table used for this shadowmaps show. The physic used has a setting for soft rubbers that is really bouncy compared to hard and intermediate.

Depends....I've used an your table (totem) to tweak my physic and there it was all perfect without touching anything on the table. I'll send you your table tweaked

Post Posted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:59 am 

Gimli wrote:
monnezza2 wrote:

It's very easy to do, just import the sound files and copy the enclosed script segment

monnezza2 wrote:

I am so glad you agree !
Glad to have you back on the scene !

I am not sure if I sent you this link, but you might find it interesting. It is a BAM how to guide
of some of the other stuff that has happened in the past year or so...
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6587

Ignore "Animation Sequencer" as we now have Scriptable camera settings in BAM.
The tutorial doesn't have Shadows, Dynamic Flippers, Camera Angles, The updated scriptable physics tweaks, or the Beta Scriptable DMD colorizing , but it is a start :D

Cheers !

I've to study a lot. Thanx you're human wiki :D

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion