Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jaws ULTIMATE Pro 1.01
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:28 pm 

Can someone post the Jaws xml file that Slam included with the official release...I only have a pre-release version that I was testing...

for now I am using the dynamic/bounce/xml code we were copying into other tables last week....which does work extremely well....but I am just wondering what other people are using and how they find the aiming and bounce

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:33 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Can someone post the Jaws xml file that Slam included with the official release...I only have a pre-release version that I was testing...

for now I am using the dynamic/bounce/xml code we were copying into other tables last week....which does work extremely well....but I am just wondering what other people are using and how they find the aiming and bounce

Here's the xml...though 1.02 will include the xml in the table script now.

Table's been playing great so far.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 7:31 pm 

Thanks Terry
It's the same one I had...I guess I am just used to the one I have been using on other tables

Post subject: Re: Jaws ULTIMATE Pro 1.02
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:04 pm 

Ok, I've updated the physics (again) and this time I think I've nailed it. I had to reduce ball mass and ball gravity and table slope to get the ball up the ramp, but then I figured out it's just easier to increase the impulse power of the kicker firing the ball from the harpoon launcher.

Now I've set up the table with everything as it should be, and how all my other tables will be. I've also increased the nudge power so the ball moves with more realism. This is useful for performing the nudge transfer move - getting the ball from one flipper to the other.

The aiming is almost perfect now but at a cost of reduced bounce on the flippers. It doesn't bother me too much, it just makes the ball easier to control, but if you want ultra realism....play a real pinball machine!

My physics XML code, which I think is as good as it gets right now, is included within the script.

We all have different interpretations of how the physics should feel so the settings can be tweaked within the script. And with all the variables right there in front of you, there really is no excuse not to get any FP game flipping the way you want it.

And I'm hearing good things about the VR experience!

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:14 pm 

Ok thanks Slam
It's awesome !

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:29 am 

It will be fine. No need to worry.

George

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:40 am 

Sweet! I love Slam's tables!

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:57 am 

Very nice...Slam,congratulations.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:37 am 

Hey there! I'm really excited to get this table working, but when I launch it I get an error about line 213 in the script. "Undefined 'InitTrakedSoundBalls'. I tried to read the txt file but I haven't really made script edits so I'm just looking for a little guidance.

Thanks! I can't wait to give this table a try

EDIT: Update, I just added the other files to the tables folder and all is working now! The table is great thanks so much!

Last edited by MayoTheGreat on Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 12:02 pm 

1.02 is now up guys!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release