Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Total Recall (original)
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:38 am 

Quote:
It seems like something bad should happen when the oxygen runs out?

A "Bad" Mode ..?

Perhaps the emphasis could be placed on the player hitting as many 'bumpers' as possible within the time limit, which could end up with the player loosing the achieved score/points when the oxygen runs out?

Just another thought ;)

Gin

Post Posted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:43 am 

Gin wrote:
Quote:
It seems like something bad should happen when the oxygen runs out?

A "Bad" Mode ..?

Perhaps the emphasis could be placed on the player hitting as many 'bumpers' as possible within the time limit, which could end up with the player loosing the achieved score/points when the oxygen runs out?

Just another thought ;)

Gin

I thought a bit more about it, there could be a mode that is even more complex than you suggest and if successful you might turn the alien oxygen machine on to save the world (Not sure what it would be but it would need to be somewhat difficult). There could be ways to extend the time a bit like buying oxygen from the crook in the show (I don't recall his name). If you fail, all the lights, sounds and flippers could turn off, that would make the ball drain (a way of simulating death)

Just some ideas.

George

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:39 am 

ok..guys....this is what I conceived in terms of oxygen mode(in model).

@mark .... what happened to you?

@Gin....obviously you have not seen my questions I made you, in a previous post, please read them again, and if you can give me an answer, I'm talking about the DMD....now about point 3, if you can do the animations dmd, arnold that runs ... Badguy shootout..so...I rewrite the code for the drop-targets, but you have to tell me ok please :D

question ... the "Bad" Mode ... what it is?not the oxygen mode, as far as I understood...

@George...your idea, it's a bit complex, this oxygen mode is about venushill, what you say, is the alien reactor that triggers oxygen on mars is another story...but I did some thing,like this... yep :D

@Bob...you need the table to make the code, for the bumpers .... or send me something on a demo .... for me it would be better so I can study it, and add the movements of the oxygen models.

thanks to all you.

Paolo

Post Posted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:29 pm 

Hi Wild,

The cylinder model/animation looks great ;)

Yes - I could do a DMD for 'arnold that runs'.

Also - the "Bad" mode was an idea for the oxygen cylinder - but was only an idea (and a bad one :lol: )... and is not needed now.

Regards,

Gin

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:19 am 

Gin wrote:
Hi Wild,

The cylinder model/animation looks great ;)

Yes - I could do a DMD for 'arnold that runs'.

Also - the "Bad" mode was an idea for the oxygen cylinder - but was only an idea (and a bad one :lol: )... and is not needed now.

Regards,

Gin

ok...Gin....but try to explain this your idea(BAD MODE) better to me, as far as I understand, I told Bob this message

as suggested by mark and gin, this countdown must expire in all cases. or we could make it grow 5 seconds to every hit bumpers with +5000points.the timer starts with a shot at a target, and starts at 100,000 points, and decreases by 500 .... every three seconds.

I also have this idea, if you get to the highest level of oxygen you win the maximum reached score and an extra ball, of the time runs out tilt is come, and you lose the ball

what intrigues me is the name BAD MODE :lol:

Post Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:44 am 

wild wrote:

@Bob...you need the table to make the code, for the bumpers .... or send me something on a demo .... for me it would be better so I can study it, and add the movements of the oxygen models.

thanks to all you.

Paolo

Yes please send table or a demo with the working O2 device

Cheers

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:41 pm 

pm sent to you Paolo...hopefully it works

cheers,

Bob

Post Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:41 pm 

Gimli wrote:
pm sent to you Paolo...hopefully it works

cheers,

Bob

everything works fine Bob ... :shock: I'll soon put a video of your work... as soon as everything is clear to me.
I just need some more explanation ... pm for you

Post Posted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:25 pm 

Sorry Paolo - was on American Thanksgiving vacation for past couple of weeks. Now a bit busy with work. I'll try and read this thread in more detail and provide some thoughts!

-mark

Post Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 pm 

one of my favorite movies, I must have watched it at least 100 times, and I'm not kidding!

as for "Oxygen" mode, perhaps you could also use a hologram over the entire playfield causing it to go 'foggy' and tiny little dots of light simulating the effects of low oxygen in the bloodstream when the oxygen bottle goes under half full? You could do the 'fog' like Mark1 did his searchlights in his The Grand Illusion table, just broader and slower

PS love the Venusville night club poster :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP