Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: MEDIEVAL MADNESS Update
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:30 pm 

I see it's been uploaded already, but that's the old 1.01 version with physics 2.6. shame. I'm not going to downgrade my collection though - and I'm too lazy for comparing scripts & adding the new stuff to the 1.02 table myself, so... tilt.

Last edited by gibsmedat on Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:43 pm 

I like it. You added a lot of code. I'm guessing the extra code is for multiplayer. I thought the yellow DMD looked a bit anemic so I changed it back to the red. I also added the surround back for the DMD on the HUD. Other than that, I like it. I may have to create some custom physics for it but it is OK for now.

George

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:46 pm 

Which one would you suggest updating? The reason I ask is there are so many out there... I just started with the one I'd been playing... I tried using the ver 2.1 by monnezzas but even with the latest BAM the physics was just off (it's prolly me doing something wrong, but still). Which version do you play? Thanks!

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm 

Well it's still up:

http://www97.zippyshare.com/v/jgL8BdRU/file.html

that's the last one he posted, 1.02.
If you can integrate your work into that one you are my hero :mrgreen:
(I -might- have been able to do it but I'm too lazy to compare scripts)

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:01 pm 

And I agree, versions & table history are quite a mess with FP tables. It's not just that they follow no particular order, but with different people doing different things in different ways conflicts are pre-programmed. Many of the francisco tables got "upgraded" (or messed with, in some cases) to newer versions, messing with physics etc but many of these upgrades made things worse in other aspects ( CftBL is a fine example of an upgrade mess I think), so I tend to stick to the final version that author released because in most cases later versions got botched scripts or custom physics or whatnot. Too many cooks destroy the cake as they say.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:15 pm 

gibsmedat wrote:
And I agree, versions & table history are quite a mess with FP tables. It's not just that they follow no particular order, but with different people doing different things in different ways conflicts are pre-programmed. Many of the francisco tables got "upgraded" (or messed with, in some cases) to newer versions, messing with physics etc but many of these upgrades made things worse in other aspects ( CftBL is a fine example of an upgrade mess I think), so I tend to stick to the final version that author released because in most cases later versions got botched scripts or custom physics or whatnot. Too many cooks destroy the cake as they say.

Thanks for the link. No worries on being 'lazy'; nothing worse than comparing other peoples stuff (and I did make significant changes to the scripts; it's how I learn).

I'm comparing the 1.01 to 1.02 and I see a few of the bugs I addressed were fixed by slam in 1.02. I'll migrate the play changes to this version (wont take long) and then the play testing will commence. Thank you again for sharing the link; I had no idea this version existed.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:15 pm 

Hey guys. I do have a new version up and running based on the 1.02 version from slam. I'm doing testing now, but if all goes well (and I don't get distracted tonight with the playoffs) I'll upload it tomorrow. I appreciate the feedback and support you've shown though, thank you.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:19 am 

If you want to compare script from 2 tables, I have found this tool to be useful:

https://www.diffchecker.com/

If you would like, you might post a version of the table for the guys that have pinball cabinets. The counts for Smart Bombs, Damsels, Joust, Catpult, etc. only show up on the HUD. This version moves these displays to the backboard. There are some small changes to the script and to the everlays on the Translite that you can get here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bewde4nt8kng ... 3WQea?dl=0

I'm not sure if you are aware but Slam uses Physics 2.7 for his newest tables. If you don't have it, you can get it here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6173

George

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:34 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
If you would like, you might post a version of the table for the guys that have pinball cabinets. The counts for Smart Bombs, Damsels, Joust, Catpult, etc. only show up on the HUD. This version moves these displays to the backboard. There are some small changes to the script and to the everlays on the Translite that you can get here:

Thanks for the link to the Cabinet version. I have a question though... On the Translight, how do you specify that a Display Segment should be on the Translight vs the table? I see how to adjust the Overlays, but the segments... I'm clearly missing something.

Other than the Cab changes, I believe the table is in good shape. Once I clear that up I'll resubmit to PinSimDB.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:14 pm 

Flug wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:

Thanks for the link to the Cabinet version. I have a question though... On the Translight, how do you specify that a Display Segment should be on the Translight vs the table? I see how to adjust the Overlays, but the segments... I'm clearly missing something.

Other than the Cab changes, I believe the table is in good shape. Once I clear that up I'll resubmit to PinSimDB.

DOH, nevermind. I believe I figured it out. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP