Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: World Cup Soccer by Smoke and Rom
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:54 pm 

the misssing custom physic file will bee availaible too on http://www.pinsimdb.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:46 pm 

Thanks for the work sir! Missed the final shot into the insert to start the final match 2 times, aarrrgh. Should have played wit 5 balls. But who likes it easy? So I couldnt find out, if the bug is gone now for me.
Is it just me or is the ball a bit lighter and faster now? Could have checked the xmls but forgot to do.

@Gimli: I am no debug guys, but thanks for the instruction anyway. I am sure it helps some people to solve some problems.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:15 pm 

Quote:
@Gimli: I am no debug guys, but thanks for the instruction anyway. I am sure it helps some people to solve some problems.

Hopefully it will. Lost balls are common problems for many tables.
Some authors have coded an automatic "finding lost ball" script that I'd like to learn...

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:14 pm 

blindpeser wrote:
Thanks for the work sir! Missed the final shot into the insert to start the final match 2 times, aarrrgh. Should have played wit 5 balls. But who likes it easy? So I couldnt find out, if the bug is gone now for me.
Is it just me or is the ball a bit lighter and faster now? Could have checked the xmls but forgot to do.

check if you have copied the worldcup94.XML file into the worldcup94 folder.
because i forgot to include it with the 1.31 version as I'm using the same physics for all the table i play (so i put it to default.xml in bam).

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:22 pm 

Yeah, I copied the file into the folder. If you dont do so, the ball is so sloooow. Then it ist just me, feels like the flippers are a bit stronger and the ball a bit faster in the new version.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:45 pm 

I compared the new and old xml files using this site:

https://www.diffchecker.com

It appears the gate gravity and mass have changed and the softnessCoef on just about all the surfaces have changed. I suppose the end user can pick whichever XML they want.

George

Post Posted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:34 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I compared the new and old xml files using this site:

https://www.diffchecker.com

It appears the gate gravity and mass have changed and the softnessCoef on just about all the surfaces have changed. I suppose the end user can pick whichever XML they want.

George

yes since the previous release i've fine tuned the physics. Essentially to avoid the ball to sometines rebound against the ramp gates. (I use the same physics for all tables in my cabinet)

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:47 pm 

Hey Smoke,
have to say THANK YOU again. This table is stunning, still my favorite! Took me about 1 million tries, but I made it to the final match again. Bad news is: I lost. Good news is: I got my ball back when all the game was over and all balls disappeared. You patch works great. I am still not sure if the new version is a bit faster. One lead to this presumption is the balls characteristics on the right ramps oulet. The ball sometimes seems to be a bit to fast there, while the ball in the other version hit that outlet pretty smooth. Doesnt effect the greatness of that table in any way, just makes me feel that the table is a bit faster now.
I am pretty much a future pinball newbie, just found out that the dynamic lightning gives this (and probably any other table) a pretty great additional dimension. I disabled pretty much every video/render option to get as many as possible tables run smooth. So I never tested any option until today. And I have to say it makes your fantastic table almost perfect on my Rift. Cant imagine that the original table could give me more joy. A friend of mine owns it but I never cared about it. Have to find out soon, if the original is as much fun as yours. Sorry for the apple polishing.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:28 pm 

I am using the XML file from the version 1.2 download on the 1.31 table. The physics of the 1.31 seem about the same as the 1.2 version to me.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 pm 

All in all the new physics feel a bit better to me. Not sure if it is the table or the xml, the ball doesnt get lost often on the right outlane in the new version anymore. So I think I prefer to use the 1.31 physics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables Release