Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion

Post subject: Future pinball as .EXE file without editor
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:20 am 

Future pinball looks great however I never really liked it for one simple thing that for me kills the magic of computer/video games:

When you start future pinball, you see pinball editor.
When you load pinball table it looks like AutoCAD drawing with all those grids, frames etc. and it makes you feel like you have too much freedom to do and modify table (like cheat/hacking in other games) + all options are in standard OS windows which also kills the mood for playing.

So would it be possible to make another future pinball game client that would look like profesional games (like in Dream Pinball 3D for PC)?

It would have only few simple options:

- PLAY GAME (then SELECT/LOAD TABLE - which are placed in specific folder and nowhere else, to add new tables you would only have to download and unzipp tables there)
- DISPLAY (aspect ratio, resolution, brightness, contrast, gama)
- GRAPHICS (all those tech stuff, shaders, HDR, bloom, and stuff I don't understand)
- AUDIO (SoundFX and Music level)
- CONTROLS (key binding)
- EXIT to WINDOWS

Regards

Post subject: Re: Future pinball as .EXE file without editor
 Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:42 am 

Strac.CRO wrote:
Future pinball looks great however I never really liked it for one simple thing that for me kills the magic of computer/video games:

When you start future pinball, you see pinball editor.
When you load pinball table it looks like AutoCAD drawing with all those grids, frames etc. and it makes you feel like you have too much freedom to do and modify table (like cheat/hacking in other games) + all options are in standard OS windows which also kills the mood for playing.

So would it be possible to make another future pinball game client that would look like profesional games (like in Dream Pinball 3D for PC)?

It would have only few simple options:

- PLAY GAME (then SELECT/LOAD TABLE - which are placed in specific folder and nowhere else, to add new tables you would only have to download and unzipp tables there)
- DISPLAY (aspect ratio, resolution, brightness, contrast, gama)
- GRAPHICS (all those tech stuff, shaders, HDR, bloom, and stuff I don't understand)
- AUDIO (SoundFX and Music level)
- CONTROLS (key binding)
- EXIT to WINDOWS

Regards

Hello,

You can right click on a a table --> Play (on won't see the editor)
Or use a frontend...
By the way, developpement of FP is discontinued and sources are not available. Hopefully, a new project is emerging

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:44 am 

and the hope...is unsurpassed....:D

Post Posted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:01 pm 

Use the Hyperpin Frontend for example!
http://www.hyperspin-fe.com

My selfbuild pincab is configured like this:

- Switch on the cabinet's main power (not the pc's power button (starts itself!))
- See my personal Hyperpin loading image (instead of WindowsXP loading screen)
- Wait a few seconds and do nothing (that's the hardest part)
- See the hyperpin frontend that is already started and is waiting for your choice.

So now you can choose one of your hundreds tables by the flipper buttons and start playing by pressing the cab's startbutton!

So: The only thing to do is pressing the cab's power button and choose your table.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:18 pm 

Yeah, sounds like you're wanting basically a game launcher/front end such as hyperspin.

Future Pinball has the editor as it's basically like a graphical IDE/game editor that also runs the game.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:04 pm 

I agree with Strac.CRO in that someone should take over the development of the FP program. It takes quite a bit of work to make it function on Windows 8 and there is no 64 bit version. With all the versions of physics available, it seems someone that is a good programmer should be able to take over the reigns.

George

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:18 pm 

I am also totally happy with hyperPIN as a front end. I have the open6l videos embedded, so, once launched, everyone can browse through the different tables, see a preview video aso. Once you chose a game, you also have a neat highscore function and, if you press one button,you get into a menu were you can change screen size, etc. I also have a button mapped upon which you get the instruction card displayed. Also, like a little museum, I have all the flyers for the pins I play in my FP cab that can also be displayed and browsed through with the flipper buttons. Aside from that, you can play :)
If you have win shelled, you don't "see" that it is a computer prog. My cab boots straight into hyperpin and also shuts down clean. You can however all the time exit to win in order to install new tables, etc. For me, it´s perfect...

Post Posted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 pm 

Someone's a day late and a dollar short...lol.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:42 am 

Post Posted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:03 pm 

Well there is the option described on the following link:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5653

It describes how to save short cuts to individual tables and bypass the editor. So you can do these options:

- PLAY GAME -- You double click on the short cut to play the table and it will load the table directly without opening the editor.
- DISPLAY (aspect ratio, resolution, brightness, contrast, gama) -- This can be adjusted by opening BAM after you double click on the table to play it.
- AUDIO (SoundFX and Music level) -- These are adjustable when playing the table. Press "Home"/"End" or "Page Up"/"Page Down".
- EXIT to WINDOWS -- Just press "Esc" when finished playing.

Unfortunately, you do need to adjust the graphics and the controls through the editor. It has been my experience however that when I set these up, I rarely need to change them.

George

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » General Discussion