Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Welcome

Post subject: The table creaters of some of the FP tables are making me
 Post Posted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:04 pm 

lose sleep. Thanks pals. lol

I used to play VP. Now that I have found this site. OMG what a difference on the tables. Some of you guys should have an exhibit. These tables are great. The mods done to some of the tables I played as a kid are phenomenal.

Slamt1lts table are breathtaking. His is not the only ones. His just comes to mind because I just got done playing his table.

Thank you all for creating these tables. They are very expensive to play now. Its ridiculous. It is also sad to see a lot of table that are not kept up (even the new ones) in arcades and movie theaters.

Plus computer and console pinball games are scarce. I have the Williams collection for my PS3.

I have only owned one pinball machine and one day while I was at work. My ex wife sold it behind my back.

It was Pinbot. It did not work when I bought it. A guy that sold it to me found it non functional in the back of a bar. He sold it to me for $300. Gave me a box of parts to go with it.

It took me about a month to rehab it and get the cigarette smoke smell out of it. So I was very upset to come home to find it sold. :evil:

I know I am rambling here. I just wanted to say thank you to all of you who create the modded tables and bringing me joy. *cheers*

Post subject: Re: The table creaters of some of the FP tables are making m
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:31 am 

Hi Scrooloose, welcome to our forum. Nice to see another VP convert, lol. You should try Iron Man and Manddrakkes version of AC/DC, excellent tables that I play all the time. I hope you've discovered BAM.
Makes the tables even better to play. If you need a list of great tables to play, just ask.

Wow, I'm really sorry to hear your ex sold your Pinbot. I woulda been mad for years over that.
I used to own 5 machines but my ex was okay with them as my kids really enjoyed playing them.
I don't remember her playing them though...

Have fun playing all the FP tables. You've got a lot of collecting to do now. :D
Cheers, Mal

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:07 pm 

Thank you. I am still trying to figure out to work BAM.

Yeah I am still aggravated about my machine sold while at work. I had the score used as a chore marquee. Let me explain. I could program the score as a scrolling Marquee. When the kids would come home from school. They would run to the pinball machine to see what chores they had to do for the day.

They loved it. It was fun and a unique way to interact with my boys. I also used it as a saving device. I would make them pay for their games. When the metal box inside would fill up. Then it was a Toys R Us day. I let them split it 3 ways. LOL

Thanks again for the reply. Has anyone made a clean re-creation of my favourite wide body machine Scorpion. I think Williams made the machine. About 20 years ago I seen at a flea market in Jersey a non functioning one and offered a grand to the owner of the property. ( It was in a shed with all kinds of crap piled on it.) He told me no.

I hate to see pinball machines non functioning and not appreciated. If you know of a killer re-creation of a nice Scorpion machine. Please point it my way. I don't care if it has been modded. I was very disappointed in the 2 on VP. Horrible versions. Blurry etc.

Thanks again.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:32 pm 

Pretty cool having a chore marquee and a Toys r Us day. Well done for being a good dad.
I've never seen or played a Scorpion (1980 Williams) and I haven't seen an FP version of it. I just checked and I have the VP version but I don't remember how it plays. I'll have to play it now to see how bad it is, lol.
I hope you sold your ex on craigslist after she sold your pin! :lol: [Wife for sale, really cheap, or trade for a pinball machine. Come and take her away!] haha

I too don't like to see old pins waste away and die. I love reading the threads on Pinside where guys bring them back from the dead and lovingly restore them. I think it's great.

BAM is pretty easy. Just put it inside your FP folder then run the FPLOader.exe to get it going. Don't forget the xml files to go with the table and make sure they are named exactly the same. I hope you have a good video card to use with BAM. My old card always ran a bit choppy with BAM so I didn't use BAM much at all. Not fun playing with a ball that stutters around the table.
But now I have a GTX 760 and BAM is beautiful to use with it. The ball rolls around so smoothly, so I use BAM all the time now of course. I've been playing AC/DC to death lately. Great fun!
Cheers, Mal

Post Posted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:08 pm 

Cool thread and IMHO, a cool way to get the kids involved in the hobby and learn the value of saving money :)

Post Posted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:15 pm 

HAHAHA Hyper. I wouldn't even get a Chuck E Cheese token for her. =P

My card is a GeForce 9800GTX+

I printed up your instructions Hyper and I will give it a whirl.

Thank you

Edit:

Scorpion if memory serves is the very first wide body pin to be released. It has ball traps on left and right sides. Upper and lower set flippers. It has a dragon monster movie theme. I was just hoping someone had a beautiful version of it.

Post Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:56 pm 

Not even a Chuck-E-Cheese token? That's sad. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Your card is a bit old and slow so I hope you can play the better tables well enough.
Let me know how "Star Wars : Jedi version" plays for you to give me an idea.
You're welcome for the BAM instructions, but Rav is the genius who wrote BAM, so if you need more help, I'm sure he'll be happy to help you out.
I haven't tried Scorpion yet, currently in Nebraska for a few days. I'm in a hotel room on my laptop. Groan.
I miss my desktop!
Hey, I noticed a Pinbot for sale in Denver yesterday. :)
Now, if you could only sell your ex on whiteslavetrader.com and get a few grand you could buy yourself another Pinbot. :lol: (pity it's illegal)
Cheers, Mal

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:25 am 

LMAO
Pinbot machines prices have most likely went up in price. The creator of The Machine and Pinbot passed away this past April. His name is Python Anghelo.

My card can handle about 95% of the tables. I am glad you turned me onto Iron Man. That table with its 3D graphics are awesome. I hardly ever look at the score when playing. Dont want to drain down the middle. I am old school and try to stay focused.

However I freaked out when the flippers kept screwing up. I am like "WTF"? It took me 2 tries to finally look at the score.

It was the malfunction part of the game. I thought the file was corrupt. I downloaded it a couple of times only to find out that it is part of the game.

As Jeff Foxworthy would say, "Here's your sign" ROFL

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:11 pm 

That Pinbot in Denver is going for $1500
Yes I read the thread on Pinside about Python passing away.
Haha, yeah the flippers acting up in iron man is part of the game.
I don't look at the score until I've finished or drained. Gotta stay focused on Iron Man, AC/DC, Tron etc. If you can get over 40 mil on Iron Man you're a better player than me. I cant seem to get past it for some reason.

Post Posted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:26 pm 

Thanks for giving me a goal to shoot for. I just hope that my keyboard does not get smashed while trying to beat that score. HAHA

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Welcome