Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Welcome

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next
 Post subject: Re: Please, Introduce yourself!
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:45 am 

Bonjour Nicolas et bienvenue ;)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:50 am 

Hello Nicolas,

soit le bienvenu dans cette fabuleuse communauté de passionnés de Flipper. Bien du plaisir dans la découverte des superbes réalisations des talentueux auteurs réunis ici.

Cordialement

Maurice aka Momoch

Post Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:13 pm 

Hello everyone. I don't know how many people read these intros so you might see a little bit of what I am going to post here, in another post because I have to let all the Devs & Designers out there what an amazing and beautiful job you have done.

Now about me. FlyinEye is my main nick anymore. I was also Dr-Gonzo and still am on Steam and some IRC networks. When I choose Dr-Gonzo in 1994 it was before the Fear & Loathing movie was released and I got it from the book. I also wanted a new nick that was different from my BBS' handle of Cosmic Charlie, which I started using in 1984 on BBS's. Now there are too many Dr-Gonzo's so I go by FlyinEye which I took from Flyin Eye Project (my music name).

Why am I here? Because I LOVE pinball. I use to go to arcades when they were nothing but pinball, pre Space Invaders and video games besides pong and Breakout. Over the years I've collected pinball "video games". I think Dave's Midnight Magic was the first one I got for my Apple ][+ and then Pinball Construction Set. As the years went by I got some for the PC like Creepy Pinball which was by Sierra I believe and quite a few more that i won't bother listing. But I was never that impressed until Taxi or something like that which came out several years ago.

Recently, I started getting pinball "sims" for my Android, by Zen Pinball. The other night I was thinking it really sucks that my LG G2 has better pinball sims than my PC with all it's memory and quadcore cpu and pretty good nvidia video. I decided to do a search and see if there was any new pinball out there.

Was I ever surprised at Future Pinball!!! I had tried it years ago and it came with one demo table and there were a couple others you could get. But I wasn't that impressed with it back then. Imagine my surprise when I see these great looking tables on YouTube and it said they were running on Future Pinball.

In the last couple days I've become obsessed with Future Pinball and Zed Physics and setting up a front end for them. My monitor is rotated 270 degrees and I've got some big speakers hooked up to my stereo amp which my computer is now plugged into so I can not only hear the bumpers, but feel them too.

I will save most my praise for another post because this is supposed to be about me.

When I'm not playing pinball, I play guitar, bass & keys. I'm also an audio engineer so I record my own music (maybe someone would like an original song for one of their tables). At work I'm the I.T. guy for a Radio & Television station. I also do most the video editing for TV there. And occasionally use my audio engineering training to record and sweeten radio commercials and interviews. I'm also into Computer & Network security as a hobby. I'm 45 and have been married to a great woman who has put up with my gaming & noise (music) making for 19 years as of April 1st.

I hope to become part of this great community you have here. I'm pretty good with audio of all kinds, from music to sound efx. Hopefully I will be able to contribute some sound to someone's next table. I'm not bad with Photoshop too, but from what I have seen, the graphics for these tables are excellent.

Thanks to anyone who has ever contributed to Future Pinball, GoPinball.com & PinSimDB.org. These sims are just jaw dropping! You should all be extremely proud of your works.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:04 pm 

Hi flyineye,

Welcome in this fabulous Community of enthusiasts of Pinball machine. A

I wish you a lot of pleasure in the discovery of the magnificent realizations of the talented authors gathered here.

Cordially

Momoch

Post Posted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:47 pm 

Hi flyineye, welcome to our community of pinball enthusiasts. Nice write up you wrote about yourself.
I'm a bit like you, tried every pin sim that was around since '84 when I got into computers.
I used to play Duotron (1974 Gottlieb) to death back in '78 and '79, I'm a little older than you, and I fell in love with pinball and vowed I'd own one myself some day. I finally bought 5 of my own machines in '91.
I don't have any now but I'm certainly itching to buy a few more. :lol:

The Taxi table you mentioned is probably Big Race USA. I loved that table and played it regularly for 15 years until I discovered Future Pinball last August. I'd never heard of FP before, but now I play FP every day. :)
There are tons of great tables to download and play.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Cheers, Mal

Post Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:48 pm 

Just joined/heard about gopinball.com! I have been looking at virtual pin cabinets for about two years, but just picked one up this week. I have a monitor and cabinet ready to go to build my own, but I have a few other project pins and ended up with a good deal, so I bit. I haven't used a PC in about seven years, and I feel VERY overwhelmed about this whole deal right now! I spent about an hour yesterday looking at tutorials and trying to add one table to my game, but it ended in a mess and I freaked out. I'll try again soon. The game I bought has 140 games installed, but I want to add more EMs!

I co-host a pinball podcast titled...The Pinball Podcast *cough* And I own about a dozen physical pins right now, as well as a good backlog of games I've sold over the years. I'm very excited to learn more and PLAY more virtual pins! Thanks! Don

Post Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:40 pm 

I'm just a guy who loves Pinball!

Post Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:13 am 

VanGoghX wrote:
I'm just a guy who loves Pinball!

Hello, a guy who loves pinball is always welcome on this forum ;)

Post Posted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:51 pm 

Hi I'm Daria - Just stumbled upon the existence of Virtual Pinball and find it very interesting. I've been playing pinball in a variety of environments but I've found tablets to be too small. I hope to have something pulled together by the fall - hopefully sooner! I'm trying to be realistic with the time frame since seeing all the time and costs so many others have put into their setups. Thanks for sharing!

Post Posted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:46 am 

Hello peeps and mods my name is jorro from Holland big pinball fan.
Build myself a cab and started playing futerepinball and lately unit3d.
Deep respect for all of your hard hard work!!!

Greetz

Jorro

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 446 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39 ... 45  Next

Board index » Welcome to GoPinball » Welcome