Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Ghostbusters (Podball)
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:47 pm 

Hey,

Thought I'd post the current WIP. More of a "I'm back working on this after getting married" post over a big update.

Mission scripting continues. 4 working and wizard mode currently being written.
Marshmellow man toy added (currently the Monger from IM until I can model a new one)
I've done some artwork for the translite the sides of the cab and I've begun work on the playfield. (v.v.v.v.very early days)

I'm really in two minds about the lower playfield. I love the idea but I'm not sure how much it adds to the table and due to the bug in FP it means the loss of all reflections on the Playfield. If I take it out now then I've got a lot of dead space in the middle and would have to shrink the playfield I guess. That in turn means having to realign all the shots which is a right pain. Argh! Thoughts welcome

Anyway, heres a pic.

Attachment:
tablecolour.jpg

Pod

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:02 pm 

Hi Pod
Delighted to find you first :D and then see that you found time to work on the table. :D
You explain the problem is not simple, and I am unfortunately not technically gifted to help you :oops:

I hope that other (more experienced) will give you good advice 8-)
...and you will find a good solution ;)

BIL

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:01 am 

More updates

Artwork is coming along. (done more surfaces and objects, 1 out of 2 info panels)
Rails are now textured and use the ramp starter for a cleaner look.
Playfield is looking a lot better.
I've added lights for most things. I'm missing a few arrows still. You can see the mission lights above the Ghostbusters
Textured the center area that covers the lower playfield (it fades out when you use the lower playfield) (The pie chart in the middle is items you can buy in the shop).
Neutrona beam now flashes when you launch a ball.
4 modes are debugged and have music. Just need DMD animatons and sfx now
5th/wizard mode is scripted but needs testing, DMD, sfx and music

Other Things to do
All the DMD animations
Most of the sfx/speech
Last bits of artwork (ramp textures, flipper guide surfaces)
Model work (I may ask for help on that one)
All the lighting and effects that go with them.
Scoring balance
Skill shot feature.
Bonus award system

Anyway, enough of that. Heres a pic
Attachment:
gbart3.jpg

Comments welcome

Pod

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 am 

Looks great Pod, nice work and nice evolution :D :D

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:50 am 

great work,looks very nice!!!!! :D

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:01 pm 

Hello,

I wanted to share with you guys the first videos of my table.
The first is my version of Slams Ultra flashers.

http://youtu.be/I2KfYt3-t6Y

This tecnique allows multiple lights with just a 2 overlay overhead for the table (although it uses more memory). Mutliple lights can be on at the same time and mix together correctly.

The second video is the third mission - Containment breach. I wanted to show this off as it was the first idea I had for the table and I wanted to integrate the table into what was happening on the DMD. So you can see the lower playfield is revealed as the containment grid (its actually used in a different mode) and once the explosion happens it kinda looks like the ghosts/balls are exploding out of the top.

http://youtu.be/BhKlIpsQXR4

As always, comments welcome. I'm especially interested in comments about the flashers. Like? Dont like? Improvement ideas etc.

Pod

P.s I'll be posting a tutorial for the flashers including the code for easy use tomorrow (assuming I get time)

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:07 am 

why didn't you just used an hologram covering the PF? you could use an image list...

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 am 

For containment breach? I considered it but I'm not a huge fan of holograms. All my favourite pins are from the 90s so I like my tables to be DMD only. My other table Arcade Mayhem is the same.
No reason why it couldn't be a mod at a later date if anyone wanted to give it a go :)

Pod

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:53 am 

Quote:
This tecnique allows multiple lights with just a 2 overlay overhead for the table (although it uses more memory). Mutliple lights can be on at the same time and mix together correctly.

My mistake, should have been more precise...I meant for your light effect...you skip using your large and heavy TGA texture map and use only a small JPG.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:09 am 

HappyCab wrote:
Quote:

My mistake, should have been more precise...I meant for your light effect...you skip using your large and heavy TGA texture map and use only a small JPG.

Dont holograms only allow black as transparent and then fade the rest of the image by a set amount? Even so you could use it as an optimisation at the cost of quality.
I should also point out that while I'm currently using 2048*1024 tga's in the video example I plan to experiment with using lower resolutions. I suspect that it doesnt drop the quality that much while saving on file/memory size.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Tables WIP