Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod

Post subject: Get a sense of 464.xml
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:59 pm 

I'm in the testing process for some physic 1.0 tables converted to Zed (at the moment it seems the most realistic physic for FP to me) but first of all I need to understand the first 3 parameters in the 464.xml without change the physics fps="400" and the table slope(between 7 and 8)
so:

-Ball Mass
-Gravity
-Damping

BALL MASS
: often setted up to "72", increasing to 82 or 92 the ball doesn't seems to be more heavy

GRAVITY: this section seems to be very important and even a small change is clearly visible

DAMPING: I really don't understand if increasing this value change the friction on the table or the contacts between ball and objects

In many test I've increased the Ball Mass (88) and decreased the Gravity(5200) and the results was great..but too much ball mass erase the ball rebound on flippers, the ball doesn't bounce at all falling on flippers. and decreasing Ball Mass(62) with the same Gravity(5200) gives the ball a Lunar Gravity
So What I really need is to "feel" the ball mass but with a realistic bouncing and probably this is possible by centering the perfect calibration of these 2 params.

Someone ever tested this?

Post subject: Re: Get a sense of 464.xml
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:16 am 

I will try it this week. Because of power of filippers the invisible ones set more to med instead of soft, but sometimes balls have to less bounce with my my settings.
Your point is also neccesary to work bettet with invisible kickers, some toys and slingshot power.
With your way may be a solution for better work with some trouble tables (austin power -invisible kicker....)
Let me know ;)
thanks

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:50 pm 

Yes, I've forgot to say that I'm testing with a basic new table in FP with standard parameters, the only change is the slope (between 7 and 8...sometimes 9)

Post Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:35 am 

I have tried with some tables. Yes playing is also good. But ball speed is slower than before and some limits with Flipper tricks, because of less gravity.
But there are some tricks to have a good ball behavior:
Slingshot kicker: use 2 or 3 degrees higher, Most all playfields degrees works fine (after some hundreds hours trial and error with degrees 7,35 till 7,5.
For weaker players: change flipper settings to intermediated for less twist,spin...and accurater aiming (nearly all shots are accurate - less real but easier in gameplay

to many physic.xml's will bring a lot of confusion for gamers: Orginal, 2.5, 2.6, newer 2.6, 2.7, the mod orginal, zeld... are realy enough. There is always somthing for everyone.

Next weeks I also will udate my older physic mods with my experience gained since I started the project. :mrgreen:

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod