Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zedpinball Physics 1.0 Instructions
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:12 pm 

The only problem with NOT using the Zed exe is that the bumpers don't behave the same if you use just the resources zip... bumper behavior is a part of the Zed exe I think. Playing BBB with Zed exe has much better bumpers than any of the other exes.

Is there a way to make that bumper change a part of the resources?

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:01 am 

So, now I know where the hell is buried:
If you extract with Fpres the physic, the bumper is behaving quite differently.
Seems there are 2 versions: the extracted, and from the rave.
The called rave Zendonus.1.0 in Bam folder is modifieziert that this works with all FP versions. The extahierte version is similar but does not react so much to Bumper and has weaker flipper. Here the ball behavior is a bit slower: For weak players interesting because only the Bumper power must be increased here. Bittefür my adjustment, take the rave version of which I have always attached.
In summary, there are in fact two different xmls:
if you have problems, take the version of Bam (1,054). I too have always used this and it made ​​the adjustment ..
So should now all systems and all the FPs tables work the same.
The extracted xml behaves differently!
I think, we should agree on one of the two xmls. The zendius1.0.xml works on the same way with all FPs.
It is that I used in zip file for all my adusted table. If you use the extracted one, it is not the same, but with adjusted Bumper it can be use for weaker players.
But only one should it be, which works on all versions of FP in the same way.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:26 am 

again, a "NEW TABLE" (aka the template table in FP) with all the zed pinball parts well setup would be welcomed.

Anyone???

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:05 am 

+1 (this is getting more confuing in a daily basis :) ) But I have read into it and now am really happy with BAM and Zed. I will stick with the mods by Skinooe and therefore also with that version of the ZedXML. As Skinooe has said, the tables are modded with this one. Staying with it would only be logical.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:12 am 

Personally I only use the one included in BAM 1.0-54 and not the Zed executable.

I also agree that we should stick to the Zedonius xml that has been included both in BAM 1.0-54 by ravarcade as well as the one within the zip file zedonius_v1_0.zip which is also provided by ravarcade. Both xmls are identical (the zip file is used as the full table resource which also contains models and textures whereas the xml in the BAM folder is only for physics and does not include and models and textures).

skinooe wrote:
So, now I know where the hell is buried:
If you extract with Fpres the physic, the bumper is behaving quite differently.
Seems there are 2 versions: the extracted, and from the rave.
The called rave Zendonus.1.0 in Bam folder is modifieziert that this works with all FP versions. The extahierte version is similar but does not react so much to Bumper and has weaker flipper. Here the ball behavior is a bit slower: For weak players interesting because only the Bumper power must be increased here. Bittefür my adjustment, take the rave version of which I have always attached.
In summary, there are in fact two different xmls:
if you have problems, take the version of Bam (1,054). I too have always used this and it made ​​the adjustment ..
So should now all systems and all the FPs tables work the same.
The extracted xml behaves differently!
I think, we should agree on one of the two xmls. The zendius1.0.xml works on the same way with all FPs.
It is that I used in zip file for all my adusted table. If you use the extracted one, it is not the same, but with adjusted Bumper it can be use for weaker players.
But only one should it be, which works on all versions of FP in the same way.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:24 am 

+1 open6l. This seems to be the smart way to proceed. Otherwise, things will get more and more complicated. There should be at least some minimal standards.
With XMLs ranging from .org to 2.6 and zed, things could easily get totally out of hand. Admittedly, in reality, 2.3,2.4 and 2.5 won't be much in use anylonger if the updates for 2.6/zed are done. Still, for some people who don't drop by daily, this is all getting a little out of hand. But, we talked about that :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:27 am 

We are trying to filter out the confusion here :)

We are also working on a better tag system at pinsimdb so that people can search out based on physics. I've updated the Zedpinball instructions a bit (added some colors to identify key items). I think we can keep expanding the tutorial to help everyone. A BAM write-up explaining how to use the different physics xml is next up I think. :)

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:39 am 

I have a question. If you like a tables setup (ie. physics etc....) can you not just copy the *.zip and rename it to the table you want to have the same physics for?
I ask because this is what i did with IJ Crystal Skull which didn't have ZED yet and it seemed to work well- i think :)
Cheers,
Maceman

Edit: I should ad that i realize there are other things in the zip folder that wouldn't apply to the 'said' table you are trying to tweak....but the xml to the physics is really all we really need, if i am correct?

Last edited by maceman on Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:40 am 

I wasn't complaining :) I just wanted to support your suggestion. I think Skinooe and you are making an excellent job in getting everything transparent for us noobs out here :) And if one stops by at Ravs website, you can find all the necessary specs for setting up bam there.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 am 

Yes - you can use the zip file and name it IJ Crystal Skull.zip and BAM will apply the physics (minus all the models and textures bit).

Alternately you can just copy the Zendonius_v1.0.xml that is in your BAM\XML folder to your tables folder and name that IJ Crystal Skull.xml. BAM will apply the physics to the table as well. This is how ravarcade initially designed BAM to work. If you wanted to apply physics 2.6 instead of zed then you would copy the fp-p2.6.xml from BAM\XML to your tables folder and name it IJ Crystal Skull.xml and would then have physics 2.6 applied.

I think I will work on that BAM / physics instructions to better explain how to use BAM to apply the various types of physics. It's really quite simple and basically involves copying the physics.xml that you want to your tables folder and naming it as the table name - but thats for another thread :)

maceman wrote:
I have a question. If you like a tables setup (ie. physics etc....) can you not just copy the *.zip and rename it to the table you want to have the same physics for?
I ask because this is what i did with IJ Crystal Skull which didn't have ZED yet and it seemed to work well- i think :)
Cheers,
Maceman

Edit: I should ad that i realize there are other things in the zip folder that wouldn't apply to the 'said' table you are trying to tweak....but the xml to the physics is really all we really need, if i am correct?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod