Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zedpinball Physics 1.0 Instructions
 Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:22 pm 

the Zedmodels.fpl goes into your libraries folder uncompressed.

As for the 2nd question - considering it has it's own modifications it would be best as standalone. You can name the exes differently but I'm not sure how well they would share the existing dlls that each contain. Your best bet honestly is to utilize BAM and use the XML+ZIP files for each table. That way you can use your original 1.0 exe and assign different physics to each table based on which XML you use (2.5, Zed, SLAM's Ultimate etc).

jpinsa wrote:
open6l wrote:
Zedpinball Physics Implementation

Also - if you are missing a "zedmodels.fpl" file you can download it from Zedonius' website or you can get it from either the BigBangBar download at PinSimDB. It is listed as a separate download: http://www.pinsimdb.org/res/download-59535

Bit confused with this file, must it go into the libraries folder? Must it stay zipped? What must it be named?

Also if I install Future Pinball Zedpinball Physics 1.0 Released on Zed's site, and overwrite stuff in my Future Pinball Directory, will my 2.5 version still work?

Thanks

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 3:43 pm 

Thanks,

Just a few more questions: attached is a pic of my folder structure. I have the BAM folder and my Future Pinball.exe. If I start via BAM FP Loader then I get access to the menu by pressing Q and all is fine :-) Although I am not sure what Future Pinball x64.exe and Future Pinball x32.exe are for? They came with the Zed physics. I have a x64 system and when I rename that file to Future Pinball.exe then the zed tables don't load, but if I leave the original installer then the tables work. Also the dll's have been replaced by Zed Physics dll's, is that right?

I've noticed I can still load 2.5 tables by opening Future Pinball.exe and I see the bloom effect etc by no access to Q menu, obviously since I'm not running through BAM. Renaming the OpenGL32 files removes the post FX. Do I still get the new physics though?

I guess I am just asking if this is set up correctly. I only play on a desktop. Hope this makes sense. Also not sure what XML files you were talking about, I see some in the BAM folder but not sure what to do to change stuff.

Thanks, appreciate the help :-)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:27 pm 

Ok,

The x32 and x64 are exclusive to the Zedonius package. You do not rename them at all with BAM.

Here is what I would do in your case:

1) Rename your Future Pinball.exe to Future Pinball 25 (assuming its your physics 2.5 build). Renaming it gets it out of the way for now.

2) Copy the Future Pinball.exe from the original install (you can get it from http://www.futurepinball.com) into your Future Pinball folder. When you launch BAM it will automatically load Future Pinball.exe.

3) If you want the base install to use physics 2.5 then copy the XML called "fp-p2.5.xml" from the BAM/XML folder into your BAM folder and rename it to default.xml. What this does from now on is apply physics 2.5 to every table that you load (as long as that table doesn't have a matching ZIP file or XML file in the tables folder. More on this in the next part).

4) For tables that you want to use with alternate physics (like 2.4 or zedonius) you then just need to copy the matching XML from BAM/XML into your tables folder and name it the same as the table name you want to load (ie if the table is called tron.fpt then you would have a tron.xml copied from the BAM/XML with the appropriate physics xml).

5) For Zedonius tables loading through BAM you would only need the .zip file that is named the same as the table name. You would copy this into the tables folder as well (it doesn't need the xml since the xml exists inside the zip file). As a side note you can use a copy of the same zip file for all the zedonius tables (just name it the same as each table) since they all use the same modified resources etc.

If you want to make the base install 1.0 (instead of 2.5) you can do 1 of 2 things. First copy the "fp-org.xml" to your BAM folder and name it default.xml. This will apply original 1.0 physics to every table that does not have a matching named XML or ZIP in the tables folder. You can then copy fp-p25.xml to the tables folder and rename it to table name.xml etc.

You can also delete the default.xml and it will use the 1.0 physics built into the exe and then for the tables with XML files in your tables folder it will load and apply those physics to those tables.

Remember - this is through BAM only. If you load outside of BAM then you will only get the physics that are hard coded into the executable (1.0 for original, 2.5 for your 2.5 modified exe etc).

Hope this helps.

jpinsa wrote:
Thanks,

Just a few more questions: attached is a pic of my folder structure. I have the BAM folder and my Future Pinball.exe. If I start via BAM FP Loader then I get access to the menu by pressing Q and all is fine :-) Although I am not sure what Future Pinball x64.exe and Future Pinball x32.exe are for? They came with the Zed physics. I have a x64 system and when I rename that file to Future Pinball.exe then the zed tables don't load, but if I leave the original installer then the tables work. Also the dll's have been replaced by Zed Physics dll's, is that right?

I've noticed I can still load 2.5 tables by opening Future Pinball.exe and I see the bloom effect etc by no access to Q menu, obviously since I'm not running through BAM. Renaming the OpenGL32 files removes the post FX. Do I still get the new physics though?

I guess I am just asking if this is set up correctly. I only play on a desktop. Hope this makes sense. Also not sure what XML files you were talking about, I see some in the BAM folder but not sure what to do to change stuff.

Thanks, appreciate the help :-)

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:47 pm 

Thanks a mil, going to try a few things. I'm assuming my dll's are all in order, they are the ones from the Zed Physics. If I may ask, what is the purpose of the Future Pinball x64.exe, i.e why would I use that above the standard exe?

Am I understanding right that the only difference between standard tables and Zed tables is the included zip file containing the xml?

Last edited by jpinsa on Wed May 14, 2014 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:59 pm 

That x64 executable came from the original Zedonius installation package. You would only need to run that if you wish to use Zedonius outside of your normal Future Pinball install. That x64 executable is also only designed for the 2 original Zed tables that were initially released (BigBangBar and 24) by the Zed creator (zedonius). For all the ones released by skinooe you would launch through BAM.

jpinsa wrote:
Thanks a mil, going to try a few things. I'm assuming my dll's are all in order, they are the ones from the Zed Physics. If I may ask, what is the purpose of the Future Pinball x64.exe, i.e why would I use that above the standard exe?

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:03 pm 

Thanks open6l, I really appreciate you taking the time to help out, you are a kind sir :-)

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:29 pm 

Hi again,

In my scenario I usually only play Zedonius or 2.5.

1. For all tables to play 2.5 (besides Zed mods)
I'm guessing that I would copy fp-p2.5.xml and place it in the BAM folder and rename it to default.xml, this will allow me to play all tables (besides Zedonius mods) with 2.5. Physics?

2. For Zed Mods (by skinoe)
Zedonius tables already include the .zip file so I wouldn't do anything there. In both scenarios, I would load through BAM?

3. For all others versions
Copy corresponding physics.xml to table directory and rename same as .fpt

I know I'm repeating a lot of what you said :-) Just making sure I'm understanding correctly.

I'm guessing you can only use on xml file per table, I wouldn't be able to use 2.6 and slamtilt rubbers together.

Thanks

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 pm 

You are correct on all your comments :)

For SLAM's 2.6 and Rubbers you could test your own hybrid XML and merge some of the settings :)

jpinsa wrote:
Hi again,

In my scenario I usually only play Zedonius or 2.5.

1. For all tables to play 2.5 (besides Zed mods)
I'm guessing that I would copy fp-p2.5.xml and place it in the BAM folder and rename it to default.xml, this will allow me to play all tables (besides Zedonius mods) with 2.5. Physics?

2. For Zed Mods (by skinoe)
Zedonius tables already include the .zip file so I wouldn't do anything there. In both scenarios, I would load through BAM?

3. For all others versions
Copy corresponding physics.xml to table directory and rename same as .fpt

I know I'm repeating a lot of what you said :-) Just making sure I'm understanding correctly.

I'm guessing you can only use on xml file per table, I wouldn't be able to use 2.6 and slamtilt rubbers together.

Thanks

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:16 pm 

Thanks, I would have never figured this stuff out without your help. Thanks a million! :-)

Post Posted: Wed May 14, 2014 6:25 pm 

Thank Rav, Zed and Skinooe for their hard work... I just put all the info together :)

jpinsa wrote:
Thanks, I would have never figured this stuff out without your help. Thanks a million! :-)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod