Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Zedpinball Physics 1.0 Instructions
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:54 am 

Zedpinball Physics Implementation

The following procedure showcases how to run Future Pinball 1.9.1.20101231 with enhanced Zedpinball Physics. Please note that this does NOT use any modified executables but rather the original OFFICIAL build of Future Pinball. You will get different results with modified executables.

The first step is to download Future Pinball and install it (if you haven't already done so) from http://www.futurepinball.com/.

Recommendations for running the original game - turn off "Load Image into Table Editor" under Preferences > Editor Options.

The second step is to download BAM from http://www.ravarcade.pl and install it into your "Future Pinball" folder. Place all the files in a folder named BAM (should look like "Future Pinball\BAM").

The final step is to download a table that has been enhanced with Zedpinball Physics from PinSimDB.org. You will find them labelled as Zedpinball Physics 1.0 (you can do a search by typing Zedpinball in the collection field).

Once you download a table file extract it and you should see 3 types of files. There will be an .fpt file (the actual table), a zip file named the same as the table (contains all the Zedpinball resources AND physics adjustments) and .fpl files (which contain all the table libraries, music, fonts, graphics etc). The standard location for these files should be as follows:

"tablename".fpt in your "Future Pinball\Tables" folder
"tablename".zip in your "Future Pinball\Tables" folder (named the exact same as your .fpt file with extension .zip)
"can be anything".fpl in your "Future Pinball\Libraries" folder OR "Future Pinball\Tables" folder (either one works fine).

An alternate scenario is that you can extract all the files into individual table folders such as "Future Pinball\Tables\Terminator 2". This will still work but note that you might have issues with certain Frontend programs.

Note: You might also see a file named BAM.zip. You can extract this file into "Future Pinball\BAM" if you do not already have BAM setup. This file has some recommendation settings for BAM (provided by skinooe) and will give you a starting point to go from. If you do not wish to overwrite your own settings make sure you do NOT extract this BAM file.

Once you have extracted the files into the above location you can proceed by launching the BAM executable followed by opening the table .fpt and launching the table within Future Pinball. It will start the table and apply the Zedpinball resources and physics on the fly.

Note: Do NOT extract the zip file contained within the initial zip file. It should stay as a compressed file and needs to be named exactly the same as the .fpt file.

Also - if you are missing a "zedmodels.fpl" file you can download it from Zedonius' website or you can get it from either the BigBangBar download at PinSimDB. It is listed as a separate download: http://www.pinsimdb.org/res/download-59535

If you have graphics corruption or crashing then try renamed or deleting the opengl32.dll from your "Future Pinball" directory. This file contains graphics enhancements such as Bloom and will be present if you have installed the initial Zedpinball executable. By removing the file it will greatly increase compatibility at the cost of losing all the extra 'bloom and graphics' enhancements. The physics WILL still be enhanced however.

Also, the opengl32.dll provided by the Zedpinball executable will not work with a translite and/or DMD so if those are important to you then again rename or delete the file (or keep your existing opengl32.dll from PinDMD / FutureDMD).

BAM Note: Pressing the letter Q within the game will open the BAM menu and allow you to do the following:

Activate and modify new lighting.
Activate ball trails very similiar to Zen Pinball FX2. You can modify color and trail length.

Thanks go out to Zedonius for the Zedpinball Physics update (http://zedpinball.com.ar/) , Ravarcade for the glorious BAM update (http://www.ravarcade.pl) and skinooe for providing complete Zedpinball table updates.

Addendum 1:

There are 3 versions of opengl32.dll that can be used with Future Pinball addons. They are as follows

opengl32.dll included with Macro's PinDMD solution
opengl32.dll included with gauntletlover's FutureDMD solution
opengl32.dll included with Zedonius' Physics solution.

If you use Zedonius' opengl32.dll then you will have all the postfx from his solution BUT you will lose out on PinDMD/FutureDMD support.

If you use either Macro's or Gauntlet's opengl32.dll then you will have regained DMD support and Backglass monitor support.

Choose one or the other (depending which is more important to you).

Post subject: Re: Zedpinball Physics 1.0 Instructions
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:10 pm 

ok open6l... this was a nice post/thread :)

ummm... so is Zed physics pretty good then? I have been away for like a year...

PM me... I would enjoy talking about it.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:10 pm 

Thank you open6l for the instructions. Since I am one of the few that cannot run the zedphysix with the new opengl32.dll - it causes serious system crashes and shuts down FP immediately / for whatever weird reason - I am glad for the BAM routine to profit from the physix even though I am missing out on the visual candy. Can't have everything, it seems :)
Also, I would like to express my absolute gratitude to skinooe for his zed mods of several fp tables. I really, really like his versions very much. They play very well and I really like the gravity as well as the feel of the flippers. The best release so far for me is the Elvis one :) Thanks skinooe, and thanks open6l!

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 am 

Thanks for the post Open6l, but I'm still crashing on table start for some reason.
When you say 'proceed by launching the BAM executable followed by opening the table' do you mean 'FPLoader.exe' in the BAM folder? I don't see a 'BAM.exe'

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:47 am 

Yes, it refers to the FPLoader.exe in the BAM folder. With this executable you basically start the BAM version of Future Pinball. Once FP is started, you can load the respective FPT file of the table and start it via mouseclick or pressing F5. Hope this helps.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:49 am 

What I do not understand now:

1st step: DL of FP (original Version)
2nd step: DL of BAM
Last step: DL of Zed-ready table

So is there no need to download a zed-exe or something???? (there WAS a special download a short time ago)
But if not, where do the new OpenGL file come from?!

Is this all contained in the newest BAM-pack?!?

While doing steps 1 to 3 I do not get any zed-files that must be installed.
So I think BAM can "read" the zed-zip, right?!

Im afraid I will kill my "old" OpenGL file that is definately needed for LEDWIZ and PINDMD.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:08 pm 

Hey Chris,
I am having a cab like you, if you remember; so here´s a quick answer from a fellow pinhead with the same issues :)
Your first 3 steps are absolutely correct. And yes, Bam reads ZIP.
If you play the ZED tables via BAM and do not have the new openGL32.dll file, you will only get the improved physics of the tables, but not the new Eyecandy stuff, that is new models, better lighting, etc. BUT, your LEDWiz and PinDMD will still work. Which for me is a big plus.
If you re-write the original openGL32.dll with the one from ZED, you will have all the effects but no longer DMD or LEDWIZ support.
Since the ZED opengl32.dll crashes my system under XPSP3, I couldn't even use it if I wanted to.

Another hint: Since I use Hyperpin and am still a fan of the original FP camera view (yes, I know, BAM is way better as regards angle, lighting and stuff - but I am just used to the plain old view) I usually use only the ZED32.exe (don´t remember the actual name right now) without the new opengl32.dll to run the modified tables. With the ZED32.exe I also don´t need all the hustle with the XMLs. Since my hyperpin setup works absolutely flawlessly I didn´t want to start using BAM. But since I am thinking about asking randr for a 3D setup for x-mas ( :) JEY) , this might soon change :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:13 pm 

Ok, thanx a lot... so I'll have a try this night! :-)
I did not knew, that zed-tables can be started with my current bam-setup :-)
I just have to kill that opengl file, because ledwiz and pindmd are far too cool to turn them off... but of course I'll have a look at the new models before.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 pm 

hmm.. I may be mistaken (am awaiting confirmation) but I believe the models are also included in the zip file. The only thing that the opengl32.dll provides is postfx (like bloom). All Zed models are included in the zip file along with physics and textures etc.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:32 am 

Okay open6l, I didn't know that. Seems a bit strange though to me since I didn't know that FP (also the ZED one) would read zip containers. I would have to have this capability since I don't run the zed physics with bam. I can however, play all the tables that have been released and I don´t have the impression that I am missing certain models... This is weird...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod