Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zedonius Physics and PostFX Futurepinball
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:51 am 

Well I tried to run the updated BigBangBar table to see what all the fuss is about and I felt like I must have done something wrong because I couldn't notice much of a difference in physics. I haven't played the table more than 10 minutes before so maybe its hard to tell. And I agree its kinda hard to keep up with what we need to do if I don't memorize every post from the last 2 months. I updated my BAM to v1.0-54. I wasn't sure what to do with the default.ZIP I saw on the BAM page but I downloaded to the BAM folder in case I needed it later. I downloaded the zedonius_v1_0.zip and put it in the Tables folder then made a copy and renamed it to the zedonius version of BigBangBar. When I launched BAM it complained about a missing resource....I think it was like the fpTexture resource so I was like WTF....that's supposed to be a default built-in resource. But the table loaded and I could play except there was no playfield texture. Maybe that's what made my brain think the physics didn't seem any different. When I opened the BAM menu it looked like it was using that default.ZIP I had put in the BAM directory so I really have no clue if I was even running the right physics.

So I'm really not on board with these physics changes. If you gotta rework every table it's not really just a physics change. I would like to do like I do with Microsoft OS releases where you either skip a version and wait for the next one or you wait several months till everyone else works out the bugs. The problem is it seems like most of you think this is the greatest thing ever and all new tables being released are probably going to be designed for that physics model.

Until we have the capability to modify physics without modifying the table files I don't consider it a viable sustainable option.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:38 am 

the default.zip has to be named the same as your FPT table name and has to reside in the same folder as your FPT table. If you have named it BigBangBar.fpt then you have to name the default.zip as BigBangBar.zip and put it in the same folder as your actual table. BAM will then load the resources and the xml on the fly from within that zip file. Each Zed-Physics table will have its own .zip file named accordingly.

Edit: nm - I re-read your post and saw that you did that. You should have noticed a difference though - its a huge difference in physics over the normal build.

Just to add - you shouldn't have the default.zip in your BAM folder - I'm not sure if BAM uses it as a default like it does with the xml but that might create issues. Move it out of BAM and just keep naming it the same for each table that has Zed-physics.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:06 am 

I thing, to remain in old physic is step back. ZEDs solution, 2.5 or 2.6, and one way for starting table has sense.
An Addon (Bam) and a zip file for physic is not too much. But starting table with different hacks cannot be a solution. Using the old one an d build in the newer technology is the way of vp. Rave has given us this possibility. How you the tables, v9.0, v9.15, bbs......we should use it for all new things with fp and BAM. So many things will go better. For example: Sometimes Fp has great memory leaks. Bam managed all in a better way. And FP is more stabil than before.

I glaube wir müsse, den Leuten die neuen Dinge einfach nur schmackhaft machen. Und die wenigsten wehren sich gegen das Neue, wenn auch das Alte erhalten bleibt. Es ist wie im Verkauf. Einfach schmackhaft machen...

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:16 am 

Skinooe - just wanted to say Great Job on the recent Zed-Physics Table releases. Hats off to Zedonius as well (and Ravarcade). I for one have been enjoying all of these improvements/enhancements.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:20 am 

Hey skinoo,
danke für die recht ausführliche Antwort. Mit BAM etc. kenne ich mich aus und das ist auch nicht das Problem. Da ich CAB User bin, war für mich nur wichtig, dass ich die ZED physics nutzen kann, ohne auf mein PINDMD und LEDWiz verzichten zu müssen. Das ist mir einfach zu wichtig. Allerdings muss ich auch sagen, dass ich mehrere FP Versionen über Hyperpin laufen habe (1.0, 2.5 und 2.6, für die jüngsten Tischreleases). Ich müsste langfristig also auch noch die BAM datei in Hyperpin irgendwie einbinden. Aber dazu gibt es glaube ich ein Tutorial. Wenn ich mit "Deinen" Zip Dateien aber schon mal die Physics an den Start kriege, wäre das super. Ich meld mich noch mal, wenn ich´s ausprobiert habe...
Besten Dank jedenfalls für Deine Mühen!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:48 am 

Thanks skinooe,
it seems to be working. I have to make some adjustments graphic wise - the ball looks kind of artificial now - but, aside from that, it seems to be working fine - including LEDWiz and PinDMD. I hope Happy likes it as much as I do :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:01 pm 

You can it turn of: After starting table press 'q' and in addon deactivate trails or make it a little smaller. I am sure you this pinball fx feature is it.
Have much fun!

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:39 pm 

On the BAM download page there is a default.zip and a zedonius_v1_0.zip. Is that default.zip file what is used to get the original FP physics? I was confused what that file was for because it says it was default FP resources. I thought BAM needed it. The zedonius_v1_0.zip file is the one to rename to the table name for the new physics right?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:06 pm 

I am not an owner of a pinball cabinet.
I think that we are the majority (at least I think).
I think should address this issue in a separate tread.
All these news are very interessant, but should be separated between holders of the cabinet and the poor devils like me.
So we too will do our trials and exchange our thoughts.
Greetings to all and a big thanks to Zedonius and Ravarcade

Post Posted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:37 pm 

Just to follow the stream... I did everything right ... installed the latest BAM and moved the zip to the tables folder (and renamed it accordingly) but one thing (and I think it's BAM related) is that no matter what I do I can't get the BAM menu to show up correcty... pressing Q or tilda (~) just bring up the BAM background without the letters making it unusable. Any clues? thnks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod