Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: Zedonius Physics and PostFX Futurepinball
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:49 am 

I hope, i can upload it this week.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:31 am 

I don't consider myself a stupid person. maybe old but not stupid...So forget my grumpyness...

To my great excitement there was 3 more zed improved tables on pinsimdb this morning and of course, I rushed to get them to see what is the buzz about them.

I first got Dr Dude, unRar it then was mystified by all the changes in the extracted package...

SERIOUSLY WHAT THE F** * ARE THESE? (intentional scream)
A FPT..Ok I guess, it goes into the Table folder...but another ZIp??

What do I do with that? I sparsely read on multiple thread something we have to do with the zip, but surely cannot remember what exactly I have to do.

I am really tired of that "hey! we all do improve for the future...if you are not ok with it keep playing 1.0...". I don't think the problem is me. You think because "you made your instruction very clear in some post sometime" that everyone wil remember what to do?

Isn't it why Every single Application in the world come with a README.TXT file.

I can still install on windows 7, all my adobe software I bought for windows XP in 2001 and they still work great. Why do I have to have multiple table and multiple FP on my system? Do you guys consult each Others when you come up with updates? How would i know as a "User"?

I am saying this again, find a better method, you are killing the hobby...despite what you think you do. I can still open the same .PSD from 15 years ago on a build that I have installed on a new OS...that for me is stability

Make a survey/poll just for fun, on "how many persons don't even still get what to do with the BAM directory" or "the Zed procedure"...and you might understand why so many developers left the building in recent month.

Last edited by HappyCab on Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:59 am 

Ok...I will sweetened the previous message a bit since I found out that the info I was looking for were all along on the pinsimDB pages.

"Please for the sake of newcomers and slower people with new tech...Make the installing informations process part of a README.TXT file inside EVERY Table Package as well. we don't all have the ability to remember what to do with that stuff. We don't install table always right away, and some of us don't always have a constant connection to go fetch old info we don't remember on the internet."

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 1:49 pm 

I didn't find it that difficult to follow the 3 new Zed tables (and I didn't even read the readme). I just copied the FPT and the ZIP to a folder, launched my BAM exe and voila - playing with enhanced physics. Of course this assumes that you already have BAM setup and working :)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:07 pm 

Hi Zed, as I play on a laptop, I need to transfer the DMD on the playfield (eg. On the table "lord of the ring" ... unfortunately, I do not know what to do! :oops: :oops: Someone could remind me what to do...
Thank you in advance ;)

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:19 pm 

Quote:
...Someone could remind me what to do...

Why would someone remind it to you bil? it is fairly simple and can be found easily somewhere on the website!

Ok sorry bil...this was just irony of course...

I find it not difficult at all to operate the microwave to cook plenty of different meals while my wife still have trouble not burning a pouch of popcorn, every time (sorry honey! your secret is out..). The fact that most of the people understand everything without even reading anything, I can get. It apply to me also in certain area.

For some others, just the anxiety of not knowing if they missed an info is a lead to a certain failure.

I am one of those person, with TDAH and need to repeat constantly the same exercice over and over to blend in. I usually get organised and deal with it pretty well so far. My demand of just asking for a complete UPDATED readme.txt with each table is not big and could save a lot of trouble for a lot a person.

But if people don't care, I am totally ok with it and will simply not enjoy this as much everyday and eventually won't care about this hobby either.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:23 pm 

Well, I will improve tomorrow, Happycap.
I just remember, to the many questions: How can I move the DMD to traslit glasses ....
In collcetion threat before upload, I made a collection threat: "Zed for cap".

Torrorow I wil upload this little instruction-it takes. I have only 128 kb / s upload. It was my first and it should go further. Except it is not right you Happycap. Actually, it was my sense, to facilitate the many cap usern life. want to have the share of the new game. And BAM should be the obvious addon for all.
I will do my best to provide you and others happy. The only vice before how vile people read that, and then have depends, to move something
I understand you a little. Also for me the saying Every beginning is difficult.
I do not think that you started at 100%. Every person is capable of learning, hopefully also part of Hobbies ..
Do not be angry ;)
Tables was not uploaded by me: Its my trial to do all with org. FP and addons so nobody need hacks to get the improvements.

greetings

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:30 pm 

Oh, and lets not forget these multiple versions are interfering with other versions as well, like the drop targets in the newly released Embryon mod don't ever pop up if your last FP version you used was 2.6, and then something like this is used. Which BTW just happened to me, I had to load in a older version just to get the drop targets to appear.

BTW, I like the new flippers, so wondering if the T4 flippers will be made up and available

Edit: Scratch that, no drops appear with 1.0 anyway, but then with all these multiple versions, FP is now crashing when ever I try and save a table, so I have to wipe it out and reinstall it from scratch.

Multiple versions of FP = bad
Single Unified version = Good

Are we starting to get the message here guys about all these versions and why there should be one version?

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: fpxEngine

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:10 pm 

Hi Bil,

do you mean like in this photo? Or do you want the DMD built into the table surface?

bil wrote:
Hi Zed, as I play on a laptop, I need to transfer the DMD on the playfield (eg. On the table "lord of the ring" ... unfortunately, I do not know what to do! :oops: :oops: Someone could remind me what to do...
Thank you in advance ;)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:15 pm 

Or like this?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34 ... 36  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod