Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36
 Post subject: Re: Zedonius Physics and PostFX Futurepinball
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:23 pm 

blue wrote:
I guess I will give this another shot. I just "downgraded" to win 7 from win 8.1 so maybe this will actually work this time, as BAM refused to in 8.1 (mind you, a lot of things didn't work as well)

As to this multiple business, yes it would be nice if everyone got together, and no, it will never happen because it would have happened by now.

My problem is simple, I have 2 translations and my own original table, and with a choice of 2.5, 2.6, 2.5 RC2 (?), Bam, Bam with zed, plus original FP, which one do I choose? It takes a long damn time to do these things, and I don't want to spend months writing scripts and balancing a table for one version (as they are all different) only to find it useless because there is a new flavor of the month.

Pretty much any of those would be fine. BAM makes it easy to use any physics - you just copy an XML file representing the correct physics to the tables folder. Personally I like Zed best, then 2.6. I expect BAM will never *not* distribute without those XMLs (they're tiny, so there's no reason not to), so whatever physics you use it won't go obsolete on you. I'd suggest including both the appropriate renamed XML and a text file explaining to newbies where to get BAM info in the zip with your table.

Post subject: Re: Zedonius Physics and PostFX Futurepinball
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:11 pm 

blue wrote:
I guess I will give this another shot. I just "downgraded" to win 7 from win 8.1 so maybe this will actually work this time, as BAM refused to in 8.1 (mind you, a lot of things didn't work as well)
BAM works perfectly at Windows 8.1 for me after I choose the compatiblity option "Windows 7" and "Run as Admin" for the exe.

blue wrote:
My problem is simple, I have 2 translations and my own original table, and with a choice of 2.5, 2.6, 2.5 RC2 (?), Bam, Bam with zed, plus original FP, which one do I choose? It takes a long damn time to do these things, and I don't want to spend months writing scripts and balancing a table for one version (as they are all different) only to find it useless because there is a new flavor of the month.
The one that plays best in your opinion. Just deliver it with the xml.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 352 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36

Board index » Future Pinball » Zedpinball Mod