Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM Dynamic Flipper Breakthrough !!
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:32 pm 

That would be awesome guys. Maybe you and George could be the first to do so...

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:15 pm 

Hey, now is the good time for proposals.
I'm working on a new version on pinsimdb / gopinball ;)

More here: viewtopic.php?f=72&t=8530

How to add your table or fill missing information : viewtopic.php?f=72&p=34257#p34257

Post Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:43 pm 

What would be good tags to use ?

blue suggested FPX
(Future Pinball extended)

I like it ...it parallels VP/VPX and there are enough new features for BAM to step out from the Shadows or I should say "Shadow Maps" :)

We could have FPX subtags
1. Bam Dynamic Flippers
2. Bam Dynamic sounds
3. Bam embedded physics
4. Bam Dynamic Ball control (Bounce Control, Ball Speed Governer)
5. Bam Texture Swapping
(On Balls , table objects, playfield, table and room art)
6. Bam Hardware Lighting and Shadow Maps
7. Bam Advanced Model Controls (Normal Maps , Anamatronics)
8. Bam VR enhanced
9. Bam Enhanced Camera Controls
10. Bam table Controls (miniplayfields , magnets , gravity etc
.)
11. Bam enhanced Games Room controls

blue started work on an FPX template that could include a range choices of above features (if we could have a concensus of our top 3 recipes in each category)

BTW, George I love the range of bounce control options in your template!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:16 am 

I'm happy to hear this, and I will explain, with a brief history lesson here. About 13 to 15 years ago, the vp community became full of hateful jealous people who started to actively flame developers and drive them out of the community. They were largely successful, some left permenantly, others ended up here and some even were part of the FP from the beginning. At that time, I formed a small group of authors called VPMX, and the basic idea was to have a group of people separate from the madness of VPF that worked together to produce better quality games in a safer and far more helpful environment.

We have that here already. The idea is to fix a "brand Name" so the people who play FP tables know the difference between say our games and others like what'shisname's horrible horrible playing tables. A lot of people have been basing their (usually very bad) opinions on certain tables because they are "popular" themes, and they are absolute crap. Having the group here with set standards of quality, and the fact we all can work together, we have to use that to get the message out. Hence the brand name.

In other words, we need to market ourselves better. ;)

That's what I meant. My FPX tagline (If I ever get the time that is) is a framework for a series of tables. The VPMX setup worked great, don't see why it couldn't work here.

Latest projects and rants at My Facebook Page

Latest Project: Jungle Girl

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:57 am 

I am with you guys although I'm not sure I even know what some of Gimli's new options are. "Dynamic Sound"? I have been attempting to standardize the physics on the tables I work on at least.

Gimli wrote:
...BTW, George I love the range of bounce control options in your template!

I created the new values with you in mind. The highest values come close to matching the bounce you created on Jaws that you sent to me. I think others have been using the new values also. I use the same values listed when I make adjustments to the bounce myself. It tends to demystify it a bit so everyone can make adjustments easy.

George

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 am 

Ya I made up some names...
I was thinking of smokes ball rolling sounds that adjust based on ball speed and ramp material.

I suppose other things like collision sounds could also be adjusted based on ball speed
Etc...

Post Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:52 am 

@blue: :D The intention shouldnt be to detect "bad" tables. Would be just awesome, if we could identity the tables easily that use the newest technologies. People should decide by themself, which version they prefer. FPX is a great name and your work is awesome!

@George: To be honest, I dont think a lot of people want to make adjustments. The goal should be to build a plug&play experience. We should ask Rav if he could add a very simple user interface that allows to set 4-5 settings, like 1. Ball Physics (options 1,2 and 3 or arcade, simulation and simulation pro), 2. Flipper physics (super bands or standard bands), 3. custom ball, 4. VR/non VR and maybe 5. graphic power

@Bob: Your suggestions aim into the right direction. I am just not sure if there will be a lot of table that contain all of the new features. If this is going to happen, one little tag like FPX could do it. Otherwise I think there are too many tags. You should concentrate on the most important tags (3-4 tags per table) imo.

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:22 pm 

While I am not fully up to date....would it be possible to have ALL bam cfg options included in script now, similar to the dynamic physics?

The idea being that if someone made a table with specific BAM lighting and physics,etc it could all be included in the script as a standard that can be used...no xml files or BAM cfgs needed.

Then in BAM have an option to allow user settings for the normal things like lighting,etc.

Unless this is already the case?

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:46 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
...The idea being that if someone made a table with specific BAM lighting and physics,etc it could all be included in the script as a standard that can be used...no xml files or BAM cfgs needed.

This is an interesting idea. I don't suppose that BAM was never intended to be plug and play. It started out being a way for pincabs to set up FP to play on their cabs and handle XML files. I think Rav would need more specific ideas to implement.

One idea I have is to have the table developer be able to set up lighting with settings for Day, Night and Dark Night. This way Slamt1lt wouldn't have to post a video on how to set up lighting. He could just add something to the script so that the end user could press a key that implements his preferred lighting. Of course, the table developer may not provide these settings in which case the end user could still set lighting up the old way. I would have used something like this on Funhouse if I had the ability.

This is just one idea. The rest of you guys might have other ideas.

George

Post Posted: Fri May 03, 2019 10:54 pm 

Yah, that's where my thought process was...so that a dev can have the lighting,etc built-in to the script as a default...then the user can still use their own if desired the normal BAM way as an override option.

The idea that BAM could have an option to export ALL BAM cfg/xml option to a single section that can be pasted into the script.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner