Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM Dynamic Flipper Breakthrough !!
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:37 pm 

With using this...how does BAM work with using XML physics in the script vs a 2.7 physics xml named the same as the table for example...

If the table has its own xml physics pasted in, will it ignore the file? Or will it use both? Or only one?

Just trying to understand the basics here.

So if I copy and paste the above template into the script of a table...should I be using an xml file, and do I need to change anything in BAM settings?

Ideally the best would be to have EVERYTHING in the table script, but easily labelled so a user can edit/change what they want.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:42 pm 

I believe the embedded xml in this code will over ride any external xml files

If you wish to try it with 2.7 xml
just remove the embedded xml , with one caveat
The end of the code has this

Code:
Sub OnPreHitFlipperSettings_nobounceControl(FlipperExt)

RightFlipperExt.SetMaterial       0.62,        0.12,       0.06,      0.075
   LeftFlipperExt.SetMaterial       0.62,        0.12,       0.06,      0.075

End Sub

These are the settings defined in the xml for Flipper Elastcoef, softness, kinetic and static friction
so make sure they are the same as your xml.

We can show people how BAM physics tweaks will generate the internal xml code (press control-shift-c from physics tweak menu....)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:53 pm 

I guess I didn't do something right. I got a message that BamMonitor is not defined.

George

Post Posted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:55 pm 

As sick as I am right now... I gave hits a try.

I literally just copied and pasted what you had into Tron Legacy Stern Ultimate....and damn i can make the left ramp and inner loop almost each time now! I changed nothing else at ll and I already saw a difference. Other parts of the table would need to be tweaked as some shots are harder to make...so flipper strength....maybe slope and other things need to be tweaked to match....

...but very nice indeed. This isn't something I'm the most knowledgeable with, so I'm not very helpful with this yet.

Yes, I did notice that in BAM settings it shows the vbs.xml (table script) is being used.

Is there any point in adjusting the flipper strength settings in the editor now, since that is all in script?

I won't lie, in that part of the reason why I'm not jumping into this and adding it to tables it because I was waiting to see how you guys, SLAM, and others would do with it on some tables....since you guys know more of what your are doing... and I'm in the middle of a big thing for DOFLinx and Pinup System is finally reaching 1.4, which is a HUGE update...so I'll be busy getting that ready soon!

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:11 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
I guess I didn't do something right. I got a message that BamMonitor is not defined.

George

You can delete any reference to Bammonitor sorry...
Don't play in debug mode ..

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:31 am 

TerryRed wrote:

I literally just copied and pasted what you had into Tron Legacy Stern Ultimate....and damn i can make the left ramp and inner loop almost each time now! I changed nothing else at ll and I already saw a difference. Other parts of the table would need to be tweaked as some shots are harder to make...so flipper strength....maybe slope and other things need to be tweaked to match....

...but very nice indeed. This isn't something I'm the most knowledgeable with, so I'm not very helpful with this yet.

Yes, I did notice that in BAM settings it shows the vbs.xml (table script) is being used.

Is there any point in adjusting the flipper strength settings in the editor now, since that is all in script?

No need to adjust flippers externally
Thanks for trying it Terry !

I agree each table will need tweaking but I am astonished how well it works.
In CFTBL I could hit everything ! Same with jaws...
Batman had some tricky spots but way better and the same with Indy.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:04 am 

Gimli wrote:
GeorgeH wrote:

George

You can delete any reference to Bammonitor sorry...
Don't play in debug mode ..

OK I did like what Terry did and just copied and pasted the last version of your code into Medieval Madness. To be honest, it doesn't seem much different from what I developed for it. How do you switch between bounce control options? I noticed you have 3 options and there doesn't seem to be a way to switch between them.

George

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:04 am 

I haven't tried MM but I noticed the difference in Indy where if I used our dynamic flipper code only with no bounce control at all the aiming was better from a cradled ball. See if you agree on a given table....

What I have done is add the bounce control function on top of this only when ball speed is greater than 200 .
Bouncemix =2

If ball speed is less than 200 then go to Bouncemix = 1 which is really just resetting elastic coef to default (whatever is in the XML file)

I chose 200 as I measured the max speed of ball rolling down flipper from a cradled position... It was around 150.

So on Mm you should notice a diff only from a cradled ball (it should be same as table with no bounce control in this instance)

And then observe what happen with fast balls then it should perform like a table with bounce control

In debug code I was able to demonstrate that switching between bouncemix 1and 2 was indeed happening

And even though it may seem subtle my scores in Indy returned to greater than 1 billion..

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:48 am 

GeorgeH wrote:
How do you switch between bounce control options? I noticed you have 3 options and there doesn't seem to be a way to switch between them.
George

Under Sub onprehit.settings....
Swap the bouncemix assignments of 2 and 3

If you add "exit sub" in first line in that code section it should negate bounce control so you can see the difference

Last edited by Gimli on Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am 

George, try the code in CFTBL and see if you get the crazy perfect aiming I did?
If so then maybe the flipper model and flipper angles in table editor will play a role ?

Here is the one I am using:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9ghkw594hkxo3 ... c.fpt?dl=0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 23  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner