Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: About the New Renderer
 Post Posted: Fri Oct 04, 2019 11:22 am 

Raf, there may be a way, (a super pc apart) to not slow down the PC using the NR, it's a shame not to be able to use it, because for the lights it's fondamentale, and I can't use or doing this method.....

I remember that you had found a solution, for the loading of the shadow maps, for the nvidia-low, find could you, a solution also for the NR?

Post subject: Re: About the New Renderer
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 2:39 am 

Hi,

I have the same problem here. I would like to know a tips or a solution for that if it's possible :)

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:15 am 

Me too, I can't use NR on my laptop

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:46 am 

@Turk182...and Bob(gimli)you probably already know ...

just to take away my curiosity ..... you2 can try playing with Nintendo Nes Pinball, and don't forget to copy the "cfg" file to bam "cfg" folder, that directly activate the NR, for all functions .... and try if you have slowdowns....another thing please if you can see if the ball has a luminous trail.

because I noticed that maybe (I didn't know it) is the amount of lights on a table that slows down the PC, obviously using the NR ....

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:03 am 

I am using and older lap top of my daughters as she upgraded recently.

It is macbook that I wiped and installed Windows 7 Service pack 1 on Boot Camp.

I actually am surprised that it is an i7 2.9 mHz system as it 5 years old
so maybe I can optimize and get NR to work after all ?

Anyways currently NR is too slow with all FP games (including NES) on this system.
Even if I decrease the max number of hardware light to < 7 in FP video settings.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:09 am 

Gimli wrote:
I am using and older lap top of my daughters as she upgraded recently.

It is macbook that I wiped and installed Windows 7 Service pack 1 on Boot Camp.

I actually am surprised that it is an i7 2.9 mHz system as it 5 years old
so maybe I can optimize and get NR to work after all ?

Anyways currently NR is too slow with all FP games (including NES) on this system.
Even if I decrease the max number of hardware light to < 7 in FP video settings.

you have a good processor..Bob, compared to mine ... mine is old, but I can play even on new PC games, the video card, it is also important, I have a low nvidia, gt-220,you?

if you have a good nvidia, in my opinion you shouldn't have any slowdowns :?

in windows there is a tool called capture .... do you know? you can select what you want from the desktop, and copy it.

strange very strange,(your pc, it's faster than mine) because when I play AL NES, I don't have slowdowns, although I noticed that the "TRAIL" function doesn't work,(maybe this version of bam????) it's set to on, but I don't see the luminous trail. .... I have slowdowns with all the tables as soon as I have the NR activated, but with this no .... in fact when we worked on it I didn't notice these slowdowns, on BATMAN, I can't use NR, I have too many delays, I have to use FP-original.ma I can use the lights options .....

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:59 am 

The graphics is intel HD 4000

I am going to use HD extreme to overclock it...

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 12:51 pm 

Paolo,

Ball trails and the new ball shadows don't work unless you use New Renderer.

George

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:12 pm 

Sorry, but i don't see way to improve NR performance. I don't see reason to invest time into support of 10 years old entry level gfx cards.

@GeorgeH: ball/flipper shadows works fine in without NR.

Last edited by ravarcade on Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:39 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
Paolo,
Ball trails and the new ball shadows don't work unless you use New Renderer.
George

guys, but my grandfather that he died,he know this.....I was the first to use the "Ball trails", at a table ... really youall believe that I don't know, that you have to activate the NR, for the ball trail .. .... come on guys

is there anyone who played NES PINBALL? so if you insert the "cfg" file that I put in the zip, and put it in its bam directory, it automatically .. has ... I repeat has, the NR already active ... without doing it manually,

but I wonder if you all read the information that an author puts guys, but how many times I have to say it :lol:

1)Choose the option "allow", to get the best view of the game, for those with a desktop, for those who have a cabinet, well, choose the option "any".
2)When you have to catch the lady, mario can not stay below waiting for her, but you'll have to capture her by moving "mario",left or right,depending on where the lady falls and above all you'll have a few seconds to capture her,you must be fast.
3)When you have caught the lady, you must be very good,at not to lose the ball, until the exit arrows appear in "greens".
4)Enable the tick on "Render The Game Room" in FP_video/rendering options.
5)Insert or replace in your "cfg" folder in the BAM directory,for the activate the "new renderer" automatically, without having to do it manually.
6)Press the key "M" for Music on-off.
7)Press the key "H" for Hud on-off.
8)Press the key "G" for choise you Game room that you alike,by FP,Bam,or black background,but for this option it is necessary to carry out that of point 3.
9)Possibility of insertion, of a new player, but on a condition, that the insertion is made,in the first ball, of the player in play.

ravarcade wrote:
Sorry, but i don't see way to improve VR performance. I don't see reason to invest time into support of 10 years old entry level gfx cards.

@GeorgeH: ball/flipper shadows works fine in without NR.

rav, I never asked in VR.....I do not know what it is
I can understand that I have an old video card, but how many have a card type ... gtx1050?

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner