Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post subject: How to add Ball trails in BAM
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:21 pm 

Hi All, First post from me today, 'Gimli246' put me onto this great site which I never new about untill today.
I really enjoy the future pinball tables which I have and I play them all the time via BAM which I found is great and made setting up my cab easy. I play the FP 2.7 physics which is very quick. Infact on certain tables it is hard to follow the ball when it is at hyper speed, dont know if this is my age or my 60htz tv ,hense my question, is there a way to add ball trails with Bam? When I saw the setting I thought great, thats the answer, but unfortunatley when I turned it on nothing seemed to happen. Am I missing something? Appreciate any feedback. :) Thanks Matt

Post subject: Re: How to add Ball trails in BAM
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:16 pm 

Welcome Mattbini, I hope you find GoPinball helpful in your FP tweaking.
I believe this is the primary FP community to ask FP questions. VPForums tends to have a lot more FP scoffers as it is primarily a VP site...and the VP enthusiasts love to vent ;)

George, can you post the link to older versions of BAM again, ball trails doesn't seem to be working in current version...

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:33 pm 

This is the list of old versions:

http://www.ravarcade.pl/?en_archive,30

I suggest you try something before you resort to using an older version. I am using the current version of BAM and I am not having problems with trails. I did find the default setting to be so low I could barely see the trails. After you turn on the trails in the "Config" "AddOn" menu, arrow down to "Config Trails" and press enter. Then increase "Level" to at least 0.300.

If you are having trouble seeing the ball, maybe 2.7 is too fast? You might look for tables where I created the physics. In my opinion, they play like real world tables, not too fast/not too slow. ...But then I'm biased since I created them.

You might look at my list of favorite tables here:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

I usually describe the changes I make to the physics along with other things I change.

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:17 pm 

Hey George. Thanks for your post. I will certainly look forward to trying out your suggestions tommorrow. Very much appreciated. A bit in ore to be helped by a table creater. You guys are the business. I will certainly look forward to adding some of your tables over the weekend too. I will let you know how I get on. :D

Post Posted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:29 pm 

mattbini1 wrote:
Hey George. Thanks for your post. I will certainly look forward to trying out your suggestions tommorrow. Very much appreciated. A bit in ore to be helped by a table creater. You guys are the business. I will certainly look forward to adding some of your tables over the weekend too. I will let you know how I get on. :D

Thanks. But I haven't actually created any tables from scratch although I have revised a number of tables and assisted on building several new ones.

I should tell you that I have posted several of Slamt1lt's tables on my favorites list. He took all his tables down off his site. Remind me to send you a PM.

George

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:26 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
mattbini1 wrote:

Thanks. But I haven't actually created any tables from scratch although I have revised a number of tables and assisted on building several new ones.

I should tell you that I have posted several of Slamt1lt's tables on my favorites list. He took all his tables down off his site. Remind me to send you a PM.

George

Hi Again George, I tried to go back to a 2016 version of BAM and the ball trails still didnt work for me so I am giving up on that one for now.
But it sounds like a really good idea to try the 2.5 physics you spoke about, as 2.7 is a little too fast for my TV on games like Jaws sometimes.
I was remembering when I put 2.7 on I replaced the Future Pinball Application icon. Do I need to do the same for 2.5 and if so please can you let me know where I might find it. Thanks again for all your help and answers, very much appreciated. Regards Matt

Post Posted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:39 pm 

Matt,

I think I covered the options for physics on Step 7 of my guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544

But the options for physics are to:

1) Use the internal physics of the "Future Pinball.exe" file.
2) Use the "default.xml" file.
3) Use an XML file with the same name as the table.

BAM has a priority system so that if 3) above is not present, then BAM uses 2) for the physics. If 3) and 2) are not present, then BAM uses 1).

There are several replacements for the FP executable available. I use the Zed executable and I have saved Physics 1.0 to the "default.xml" file. So if I want to use a version of physics other than Physics 1.0, I have to add an XML file for the physics which has the same name as the table. I discuss the Zed executable on Step 17 of this guide:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

Changing physics doesn't involve replacing the Future Pinball Application icon. I mentioned the icon on Step 4 of this guide but it just makes the icon look pretty on your desktop. It doesn't perform any function:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544

George

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:43 am 

Thanks again George I will try it this weekend at let you know how it helps. Regards Matt

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:46 pm 

Hey George, Good News, Raf got back to me from BAM it was as simple as turning the new rederer on. The final pice in the puzzle. :D He very kindly made a vid about it link below.
This site is the buisiness. Looking forward to trying your amended tables (some of) tommorrow and physics 2.5. Have a great weekend!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH_1KhE ... e=youtu.be

Post Posted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:17 pm 

mattbini1 wrote:
Hey George, Good News, Raf got back to me from BAM it was as simple as turning the new rederer on. The final pice in the puzzle. :D He very kindly made a vid about it link below.
This site is the buisiness. Looking forward to trying your amended tables (some of) tommorrow and physics 2.5. Have a great weekend!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH_1KhE ... e=youtu.be

I guess it worked for me because I always have New Renderer turned on. It is the best light system.

George

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner