Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM - OpenVR (oculus / vive) beta
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 7:53 am 

ravarcade wrote:
It is CPU bound and you already have one of fastest CPUs.
FP engine is super old. How fast it works depend mostyl on how fast gfx card driver process commands. Visual efects depends on drawning order and there is a lot of things drawed "from hand", without any data preparations. This creates a lot of "locks" on GPU: graphics card have to wait for new data from CPU. So in short it is very ineffective engine.

On my rig (i5-2500, gtx 970) to use HTC Vive i have to:
- in BAM i can't use New Renderer. It need ~15% cpu time and it cause frame drops
- disable in FP rendering options: flares, sometime table reflections

in BAM i disabled new renderer and postfx's as well.
thx for info I'll look into trying to find table reflections and flares and disabling them see if I can't find what it is.

Btw PinballFX2 VR just started working on Revive and tho the room interface is cool, the actual performance and visual quality is better in FP BAM VR .. I'm not sure if its due to Revive overhead or if they just expected to rely on ATW more but I couldn't get it to not use reprojection even on lowest settings so i left at 2x aa and recommended. No way to remap controls to keyboard controller or pincab controller..and their dmd is the same as regular version of game its really hard to read.

So want to say thanks again its really quiet amazing how good BAM and FP work in VR.. Definitely leading the pack :)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:10 am 

Table reflections and flares are in the FP video settings menu accessed in FP editor before you load a table...

Post Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:38 am 

Found them.
Turning off cabinet(playfield and trans light glass)and and edit: flares seem to have done the trick.
Only time I notice reprojectition kicking in now is during multi ball.

I found turning Anti Aliasing - Transparency to 4x Super sampling makes a huge difference in reducing sparkling around all the rails

Heres my settings now for FP and in Nvidia controls..I'm not sure which program controls settings so i set both FPloader.exe and Futurepinball.exe identically in Nvidia controls.

I'm not sure the regular AA settings in Nvidia do anything but overall this is the best combo of performance and visuals I can muster so far.

Its weird but Biliniar filtering in FP settings don't seem to do anything but setting Trilinear makes them softer and blurrier..I assumed Anistopic would superseed but it doesn't for trilinear

Post Posted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:32 pm 

Hey Rav and All....
Rav got to say again brilliant software buddy....

I have just started to build a hybrid cab....Pinball/Mame/VR/Xbox one....
HAve it all working now with some polish required (Pinball X front end) just need media files building to really make it shine.

My ask is for the Vive controller to be able to use in Furture pinball, left/right triggers as flippers and launch as one of the thumb pads and the other as credit. this would be awesome as w wont have to take headset off looking for xbox controller when standing.
I have set the sitting to my pinball cab im building as i can sit behind it and use the can buttons by feel....
One thing i dont know being very new to this is is ther a way to have the DMD workings? on some tables the dmd is in the peripheral sight of the head set...usually top left of a table...i think it may be to do with the tables/future pinball...

My other ask....is can we get mame working through the headset? virtual Mame even if its just a re-sizable screen which you can switch the vertical/horizontal on?

well just another ask while im here....light gun games (mame/Dophin/SNEs) etc using the controller as a lightgun? :-)

Ill throw one more in for Sh!t and giggles.....PinballX front end...in VR...now that would be the muts nutz...:-)

great work....donation just done!
any other MAME/Pinball/VR peeeps on here with ideas...

rgds

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:19 am 

britxpatusa wrote:
One thing i dont know being very new to this is is ther a way to have the DMD workings? on some tables the dmd is in the peripheral sight of the head set...usually top left of a table...i think it may be to do with the tables/future pinball...

you need to edit the table, click translite and then right click n the boxes of the dmd and remove lock...then just move them farther to the left and save and it will hide the floating dmd

britxpatusa wrote:
My other ask....is can we get mame working through the headset? virtual Mame even if its just a re-sizable screen which you can switch the vertical/horizontal on?

well just another ask while im here....light gun games (mame/Dophin/SNEs) etc using the

New RetroArcade Neo demo is being released today on steam..go check it out..it doesn all the non pinball stuff you were mentioning..
http://www.digitalcybercherries.com/games/new-retro-arcade/

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:41 am 

Hi Rav,
very low on the list of priorities, but will Bam minplayfield mod be available to VR users ?

If VR users tell me which games have the best quality DMDs/ Gas Segement /EM reel displays, I can provide a tutorial, or update tables for VR users

I found Dragon's Lair Gas Segment display to very clear on my DK1
DMD's seem much harder to read....

Quote:

If you have access to keyboard try pressing toggle hud key which is "z" by default I think.

If you want to code for ToggleHud see link below.
Also if you Set the DMD to fadout (WhateverDmdName.FadeOut) under
Sub FuturePinball_BeginPlay() that should prevent it from loading.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5050&start=30

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:06 pm 

britxpatusa wrote:
My ask is for the Vive controller to be able to use in Furture pinball, left/right triggers as flippers and launch as one of the thumb pads and the other as credit. this would be awesome as w wont have to take headset off looking for xbox controller when standing.
I have set the sitting to my pinball cab im building as i can sit behind it and use the can buttons by feel....

This require to render controllers. I have to learn how to do that. Maybe not soon, but i will.

britxpatusa wrote:
well just another ask while im here....light gun games (mame/Dophin/SNEs) etc using the controller as a lightgun?

You are second man with that idea. This is another reason for me to learn how to use Vive controlers. I plan to use it without headset with MAME cab.

Thanks for donation.

bloodydrake wrote:
New RetroArcade Neo demo is being released today ...

Wow! Thanks a lot. I did not know about this.

Gimli wrote:
very low on the list of priorities, but will Bam minplayfield mod be available to VR users ?

Yes. VR uses same BAM. You may copy last beta BAM.dll to BAM-VR folder and it will work.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:44 pm 

i copied the Bam beta you posted for GeorgeH and miniplayfield didnt work?

it showed orange box and objects off to side as source but not when I selected target
No objects on table?

am I using wrong dll?

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:17 am 

Gimli wrote:
i copied the Bam beta you posted for GeorgeH and miniplayfield didnt work?

it showed orange box and objects off to side as source but not when I selected target
No objects on table?

am I using wrong dll?

Rafal's fix is for making some lights work on certain tables like "The Battle of Britain". The Amo lights on this table don't work unless you use the fix. Even though the lights are small, you need them to play the game. I'm not sure if there are any other tables that use this type of light. It seems there must be. I intended to test it today but not feeling well.

George

Post Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:51 am 

ravarcade wrote:

bloodydrake wrote:
New RetroArcade Neo demo is being released today ...

Wow! Thanks a lot. I did not know about this.

Ya basically it is an emulator front end.
It would be really cool if they could add a pinball room door or room that launches different tables via a command line for FP BaM VR and when you quit the active pinball table it reloads back into the arcade.

Is there a way to globally disable screen shaking in the BAM VR mod? I'm finding a lot of tables like to use the shake screen scripts..Earthshaker, Jurassic Park,Tales from the Cyrypt, Addams Family. It would be nice to not have to edit all scripts to try and disable them to make them work.

As well is there a way to not have the enter your initials screen pop up so close to your view? In VR its kind of redundant and would be easier to just look at the DMD.
maybe I've just missed away to turn that pop up off.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 17  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner