Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: BAM - OpenVR (oculus / vive) beta
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:26 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
They are being played on a program called pinup player which is displayed on a 2nd monitor. That pinup player "area" is being mirrored into FP with a pup plug-in made by Rav and DJRobX. It allows you to see what Pinup Player is showing on any texture in FP.

So it is literally playing the pinup player video on whatever texture the table is using. So in the above demo, I made a video of the playfield texture with the fire / blood,etc.. When the table starts I have it start Pinup Player using PinEvent, and then in a couple of commands it swaps the playfield texture with the PUP video stream.

Thanks, I get it now. It does seem like you would always need a dongle even if you have 2 monitors unless it robs video from the backglass monitor.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:50 pm 

Gimli wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
With the recent COM Extensions plug-in for bam created by Nailbuster and rav... that allowed for Pinup Player to be directly accessible by FP and now be able to use all features including PUPDMD.

The new pup plug-in that DJRobX and rav made, basically captures the pup "area" that is displayed on the 2nd monitor. Then in the table script you do a couple of commands to get the pup stream... then you assign it to whatever texture you want however you want.
:)

Is it possible once defined and configured to block the stream going to the second monitor and have it going exclusively to BAM and the FP environment and thereby saving a huge burden on you CPU/GPU ?

No need to populate the second monitor especially if we are using this for VR or primarily
playfield animations.

It seems like Playfield animations are the one feature that all FP modes could use (Desktop, Cab and VR) ?

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
It will be interesting to see where this evolves...
I have no idea what I am talking about...but it seems to me this is not sending anything "from" the second monitor as monitors are one way output devices.

So I wonder if virtual pinup monitors can be enabled where the "physical" second monitor
is used as a visual defining device..that is retasked as you create the virtual pinup "monitors" that are throughout the FP/BAM environment.

Or if we are constrained to one virtual "monitor" to have it partitionable (new word) like a zoom meeting...

This works by "mirroring" whatever is being displayed by pup. For that to work, it needs to be "visible" on a monitor by "Windows". This is needed to be able to do this with the speed that this is working at.

You can try to do other methods of just capturing the window while hidden (that was an older method that was tried for VPVR).... but it is slow and has lag/delay.

You don't need a 2nd "physical" monitor... you can use a "dummy plug monitor" plugged into your video card (must be connected to your gaming video card).

https://www.amazon.ca/Dummy-Headless-Di ... r=8-6&th=1

https://www.amazon.ca/FREEGENE-DisplayP ... B075873RJR

This makes Windows think there is a real monitor there, and then you can position Pinup Player's windows on there easily. This is common for many people to use in VR.

Post Posted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 3:39 pm 

interesting !!

Post Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:31 am 

TerryRed wrote:
wild wrote:
forgive, my curiosity, what are they? overlay,decal,hologram?

that of water and fire, I like them, but that of blood, a little less, I'm not a fan of horror(actually i hate him) .... but it's a great job your,compliments

They are being played on a program called pinup player which is displayed on a 2nd monitor. That pinup player "area" is being mirrored into FP with a pup plug-in made by Rav and DJRobX. It allows you to see what Pinup Player is showing on any texture in FP.

So it is literally playing the pinup player video on whatever texture the table is using. So in the above demo, I made a video of the playfield texture with the fire / blood,etc.. When the table starts I have it start Pinup Player using PinEvent, and then in a couple of commands it swaps the playfield texture with the PUP video stream.

thanks for the explanation .... even if I don't understand a great thing, one thing is very clear to me though .... which unfortunately will be another thing that I can't use. ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner