Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM - OpenVR (oculus / vive) beta
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:05 pm 

Greetings blindpeser and welcome.....actually ALL of the tables work....the physics setup
is fairly straight forward , especially because you are already using BAM !!!

in the BAM directory, you will find a Sub directory called "xml".

this contains all of the different physics types (except 2.7...)

So....if you have a table designed for 2.5 physics then simply copy the 2.5 xml file from
the xml directory and paste it to the tables directory then rename the file with the exact same name.

for instance lets say table is called AntMan_Ultimate-1.fpt then call the xml file
AntMan_Ultimate-1.xml

that's all that is required

I have played with VR extensively it all works fabulously...let me know if you have problems

enjoy!!!

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:39 pm 

Thanks for the quick response! Had some troubles with Addams Family, only got the Anniversary version to work. Didnt like that one. Another TAF version asked for me a missing file and didnt want to start. Last Action Hero didnt start at all. And none of the tables with Zedpinball physics worked for me. Will check the xml tweak you mentioned tomorrow. Thanks for your help!
At the moment I love Funouse, Robocop, Batman TDK and Spiderman. Is there any "real" table (preferred 90s Bally or Williams) you recommend especially? I tried Medieval Madness and didnt like the nonnatural effects much. Attack from Mars has bad physics, but I guess that your xml solution will fix that.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:25 pm 

it seems overwhelming at first, but It really is pretty strait forward

There is a huge selection to choose from, by many authors, some you will like , others not so much.

The benefit of so many different ways to configure is complete freedom, the downfall is lack of a uniform standard

I would recommend reading GeorgeH's BAM setup tutorials , as well as his reviews of
his preferred tables...it is a great starting point.... as there are hundreds of tables to choose from

Last edited by Gimli on Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:30 am 

Thanks sir, just checked the tutorial, fantastic work. Tried some things to get LAH started, but still have the same issues. AAarrggh

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:03 pm 

The zed version of LAH is tricky as it is configured for LED Wiz.
the zip file has a replacement script called
Quote:
LAH_Script for NO led.txt

I opened scripted editor in FP and deleted the whole script (Control-A, backspace)
then copy and pasted from the text file and save the table and it then ran fine with no med error....

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:08 pm 

If you are not satisfied with the physics, I post all the changes I made to my favorite tables on this list, including physics:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

I make minor changes sometimes to the physics and other times major changes like on Robocop. It depends mostly on whether I can find an existing xml file or how much I think changes need to be made.

George

Post Posted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:13 pm 

Hey friends, thanks for your help!
I found out why some tables didnt load correctly, forgot to uncheck "Load Image into table editor" in editor options. Now every table I tried so far loads and starts. Now I only got some minor issues, probably have to read a bit more to fix them.
1. Got tons of ghosting in both Scared Stiff versions, unplayable for me. Fingers do what they want and dmd and sound go crazy.
2. Playfield in LAH ZED is to bright, even in night lightning modus. Not sure how to change that. A bit more reading I guess.
3. AC/DC Zed seems to need a lot of ressources. Framerate seems to be pretty bad. Only table I cant fix the blurry ball. Put everything of low in FB video options, no AA, VSync or anything else. Resolution is 640x480. VSync in BAM is off as well. Even AA off only does a slight improvement. I heard there is something like a "booster", couldnt find it.
4. The Extra Ball in TAF Gold 2.5 isnt activatable, but I think this is just the table.
5. The Ball look often a bid golden. I am sure it is changeable. Is that a FP or BAM option? Bit more read I think.

@ GeorgeH: Thanks for that link! I tried to download some newer versions of Slamt1lts tables but didnt manage to download any of these. Maybe mediafire was down, not sure.

All in all I have to repeat what I said before, this experience is stunning! I want to say thank you to everybody who worked on this thing to get it run. Incredibly stuff!

Post Posted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:49 pm 

I can help with the resources problem. I suggest reading Steps 12 and 17 of my guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6054

To adjust the playfield darker, just follow Steps 21 and 22 of the same guide linked above.

If you haven't tried custom balls, you need to click on the following link. Directions on how to install them are provided on the second posting of the thread.

http://gopinball.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5583

Slamt1lt will often post a table to his web site and then take it down to revise it. You have to be fast to get them because some of them are only posted for a few days. I will send you a PM when I get back home this week.

George

Post Posted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:21 pm 

I am still in love with FP and BAM. Not sure if this was mentioned anywhere before. But I just downloaded the Oculus Debug Tool. It adds supersampling to the software you use. The effect isnt huge, but in my opinion I got a bit sharper graphic quality when I changed the value in "Pixels per Display Pixel Override" from 0 to 1.5. I tested it with the table wcs94. I was able to read some words on the playfield pretty clear with that setting. And could just guess which word it is, when I turned off the pixel override again. The difference isnt like day and night, but I thought it was there. Have to check if there are still enough frames when I put the value up to 2 (which is max). I tried to play Spiderman Ultimate 1.09 while using pixel override 1.5, but the frames dropped down, impossible to play for me. But I only got a gtx 970.
Unfortunatly you cant change the settings in the Debug Tool on the fly. You need to close oculus home, steam and every VR application for to make changes there. Since I have to terminate some tasks in the task manager for that, the easiest way for me is to make the changes and start the pc again after that. Thanks to ssd, the system just a need a few seconds to be there again.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:21 am 

I just tested this on my Rift CV1 - This is awesome!!!

That being said, I have a big problem. Most tables I tested display the Steam VR play room briefly when the ball gets reset after a lost (but not after a quick save). Notably the Iron Man table doesn't have this issue while this Lord of the Rings table (both versions) has it prominently also when entering and leaving the path of the dammed:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-3 ... _the_rings

Anybody know how to fix this? Even if not, verifying that the issue isn't limited to my rig would help me out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner