Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM - OpenVR (oculus / vive) beta
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:36 pm 

delt31 wrote:
... I only wish the base program (FP) was better. The physics are really all over the place and thats with all of the mods. ...

I guess that is the price we pay for having a free program where anyone can post tables with the physics they prefer (or else they can't figure out how to make the physics better).

You might want to look at this thread where I describe the changes I have made to the physics of quite a few tables (along with other changes I've made):

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6176

I think the changes I've made to the physics makes the tables more consistent when I play one table after another. If I don't say anything about the physics of a table, I did not change the physics. The physics of the tables are not perfectly consistent for one to another but they are closer.

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:20 am 

Thanks for the info here. Checked out BTTF and your settings made it play 100 times better. Will look into the others.

Thanks for the help!

btw - res 2x on the vive makes these tables look really good.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:46 am 

delt31 wrote:
Thanks for the info here. Checked out BTTF and your settings made it play 100 times better. Will look into the others.

Thanks for the help!

btw - res 2x on the vive makes these tables look really good.

You might note on the thread that I don't always post the entire code to use on the table but often just make smaller changes I describe in the text. Sometimes I just use a different XML file than what is recommended.

I tried an Oculas Rift at a store once but would need to buy a set of prescription glasses that fit inside them before I even think about buying one. Is the vive better?

George

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:11 am 

Vive is better IMO based on the fact it allows you to walk around and use your hands. For FP, not sure this would apply but if you're going to buy one, grab the vive. Get it used - bought mine for 700 and it was in perfect condition.

As for your edits - I do not notice a lot of them don't change the physics like you did in BTTF. I would love to see those tightened up too - BTTF plays much better even though not great b/c it's still FP but very enjoyable. Suggestions for other tables? I feel like when I changed the xml file it prob changes it for all the physics 7 games so maybe it applied? But something like BS Dracula physics 6 or Getaway physics 5. I would love your input on that.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 3:36 pm 

delt31 wrote:
... Suggestions for other tables?

I feel like when I changed the xml file it prob changes it for all the physics 7 games so maybe it applied? ...

I am implementing changes all the time. I always post a new message when I change or add something.

You only want to change the XML file for the specific table that I mention. You don't want to change the XML files that are in your ...BAM/XML folder otherwise the change will affect other tables. Just change the content of the XML after you rename the XML file to have the same name as the table.

George

Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:27 pm 

I can confirm that the new playfield
Mod works wonderfully in vr

Thx Ravarcade!!!

Post Posted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:54 pm 

okay Ravarcade,
Let me say again thank you for all your great work and innovations for BAM!!
WELL DONE!!

I want to thank the community for putting up with all my crazy ideas.
I have been overly addicted to Future Pinball and need to take a bit of break for a couple of months.....

Sorry if I am leaving some things up in the air....
Rav, Wild, George, Miownkhan, blue et all , I thank you for allowing me to be part of things.

anyways bla bla bla...I have a new innovation that already works splendidly thanks to Rav's
OpenVR support and I thought I would share this one last thing before I step back for a little whiile ( I will start a new thread for this as well)

Ready..... :D
Drum Roll...... :o

Future pinball and open VR work very well using a Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung VR GEAR !!!!

That's right I just played blue's Playboy xse table wirelessly and with acceptable frame rate.

So we don't need to spend thousands on a VR ready computer + occulus or vive !!!

I jump in a swimming pool with my iphone 5 and bricked it.... and fortunately I was due for a phone upgrade....spent $190 to get a Samsung Galaxy S7 and $140 on Samsung VR gear and then downloaded some apps and with a little fiddling....future pinball VR wirelessly in high definition !!!

What you need:
1. Android phone
2.Minimum Windows 7 + nvidia GeForce Graphincs
3.and this App : VRidge on the phone and RiftCat client on your pc
https://riftcat.com/vridge
4.Future Pinball open VR
5.A Steam account for Steam VR
6. Google cardboard headset or other (in my case Samsung vr gear)
I'll respond briefly to those interested, but I really do need to step back for a little while...

bob :shock:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:22 am 

ravarcade thank you very much for this, up until I saw that BAM took the step into VR my future pinball folder and a ton and a half of tables was just fragmented hard drive space that never got used but then as I was looking for a way to play TPA with my new CV1 since the old 5.1 runtime that the pinball vrarcade.dll requires doesn't seem to work with the cv1, I was pretty bummed out by that cause its soooo shitty trying to go back to the dk2 after using the cv1 and being a beta tester for TPA I can say it feels like oculus support is being developed by a secret squirrel society over there at farsight and im not sure when were gonna see rift support as they wont even tell us anything, even in our closed beta forum. That being said I did get the 8 pinball fx2 VR tables available and ive already played them to death (got first place on a couple of them right now =) ) I was feeling pretty let down by the lack of pinball for VR until I found this and decided to give FP another chance, and since ive last used it the physics actually seem to have come along pretty well and I imagine are close to the best that newton will get to feeling like pinball, which imo is still a fair bit off but is definitely playable. And using BAM VR on my i7 3.20ghz 12gb ram and GeForce 980ti even the resource heavy ultimate edition tables with the video clips run buttery smooth for the most part and its been a pretty pleasurable experience so I just wanted to say thank you and also I have a quick question.

Rav I know your busy but now that the cv1 is my vrheadset of choice I cant use the old occulus runtime and I was wondering if you would be able to (im not a programmer so forgive me for my terminology) adapt the code from the pinballvrcade and launcher that was used with the 5.1 runtime to instead function with the now favorite openVR that bam uses? I know that you said it was easy to use that code to create bam for tpa because the learning how tpa's cam and such works part of it was already done so wouldn't the same be true in adapting it for openVR?? If this project is too much for you too handle, what if you had sponsorship? like could I pay you to code it or something? I'm aware that it would unfortunately be for the dx9 version only but it would still be great to get to play tpa in VR with the higher resolution cv1 to tide us over until the official rift support is released.

thanks.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:30 pm 

nodz509 wrote:
...I was wondering if you would be able to (im not a programmer so forgive me for my terminology) adapt the code from the pinballvrcade and launcher that was used with the 5.1 runtime to instead function with the now favorite openVR that bam uses?

Not in near future. I think, that Farsight will be faster than me.
I don't know well DX9. I would have to learn more about TPA render path.
To make run BAM view work with TPA i have to mess only with 1 matrix. Pure math. It was simple. To change render path and use openvr it needs more work.

Right now i want to finish other projects. Maybe in month i will look at it again.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:55 pm 

Just wanted to say thank you for this amazing mod/mode!! The immersion with the Rift is just incredible. Is there a list of great working tables for the Rift? I just tried to run about 10 tables, 4 work great, 3 work ok and 3 do not work at all. I have to change the physics on the ok working tables somehow I think. Have to read a bit to find out how.

A table ranking by users overiew would be great.

However, thanks for this amazing experience!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner