Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM - OpenVR (oculus / vive) beta
 Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:47 am 

This is TRULY TRULY amazing...once I got everything set up correctly and worked out the issues with the different physics engines that can be used etc.

I am blown away. To the point I need to start looking into how to build a full size pinball controller and ideally one with some force feedback too.

I do have two slight issues...firstly every time I launch a table it does not become the dominant window so I need to click into the table window in order to be able to control it etc.

Secondly the software generally crashes any time I hit escape so I need to restart Future Pinball every time. Any ideas on what may cause this?

BTW I really really really can't thank you enough for this. It is incredible.

Post Posted: Thu May 26, 2016 3:35 pm 

peteclarkelondon wrote:
I do have two slight issues...firstly every time I launch a table it does not become the dominant window so I need to click into the table window in order to be able to control it etc.

Secondly the software generally crashes any time I hit escape so I need to restart Future Pinball every time. Any ideas on what may cause this?

Did you try "beta2" version? Both problems are solved.
http://www.ravarcade.pl/debug/ovr-beta2.zip

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 6:19 am 

ravarcade wrote:
peteclarkelondon wrote:

Did you try "beta2" version? Both problems are solved.
http://www.ravarcade.pl/debug/ovr-beta2.zip

Yes, I'm running beta2 and get the problem still, beta1 wouldn't work for me at all. It would be a great thing for me to resolve because this is, without a shadow of a doubt, my favourite thing in VR!!! I really need a full height controller with feedback now :)

Any other suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks again for the amazing work!

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 7:57 am 

I had to check fullscreen in FP video sttings to correct those 2 things

Post Posted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:17 pm 

peteclarkelondon wrote:
Any other suggestions would be greatly received. Thanks again for the amazing work!

Can i get more info about your computer?
- one or two displays?
- gfx card model and drivers version
- windows version
- screenshot with FP video/rendering options.
- oculus or vive?
- sdk versiong? home 1.3.? , sdk 0.8, ...

I ask, because i need to replicate error. On my computer all works without problems.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:06 pm 

OpenVR support seems to be getting really good reviews. Ravarcade !

Heres one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... fantastic/

Quote:
Oh my ******* GOD!
Right. now I love pinball and it's all I can do to stop myself from shaking here.
This has beyond BLOWN ME AWAY!
The immerision is absolutely fantstic - no beyond that. This is a total brain screw job with a full size and functioning table in front of you - YET - I know it's not real - BUT - my brain, mind and everything else is telling me that YES IT IS, I can see it.
Caddinatedrop - THANK YOU SO MUCH for bringing this to our attention.
I know caps it shouting etc - but I don't give two shits - this is real pinball as real as it can be right in front of me and yet I know it's not real - but it must be as I am playing - but hey, in a headset...
...you get the idea.
If anyone here is a pinball fan - this is THE ONE to show to people.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:46 pm 

Are you guys using HTC Vive or Oculus Rift? It is some rather high end equipment but you guys are getting me interested in this. Apparently you need an Intel i5-4590 and NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD 290 equivalent or greater. I don't have either so I guess I'm SOL.

I was also wondering if any of you wear glasses. I'm not sure how I could put a head set over my glasses.

George

Post Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:08 am 

Another day, another glowing review

Quote:
Also, I'm blown away by how good some of the custom tables are...having never been a fan of people creating their own tables in the past. Then seeing them brought to life as a full size table is INCREDIBLE. Some of them are so good I've really had to double c heck that they were not somehow a real table that I've never heard of. That is highly impressive if I'm unable to tell!!!!
I ALMOST FEEL LIKE SOMEONE HAS JUST DROPPED OFF A MILLION POUNDS WORTH OF PINBALL TABLES AT MY BACK DOOR!

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... e_my_last/

Post Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:16 am 

been trying out FP and BAM with my Vive and It really is amazing. Great work on this.
sounds like once I can get a 1070 card that will address most of the judder I experience on some tables.

I do have a question. Is it possible to change the dmd on the back glass behavior so its solid with no built in grid pattern? In VP there was a setting called compact display that when set would make the display pixels touch with no grid pattern.
Like this

I'm not sure if you can already do this in FuturePinball with BAM but if not i think it would greatly reduce the moire patterning that happens to the DMD when you stand at the end of the table. The Headset itself adds pixelation effect due to the limitations of the screens in them and the dots of the pixels and the screendoor effect and trying to reproduce the grid leads to a weird shimmer effect.
A solid dmd might aliviate the distortion.

Anyways just an idea and thanks again for all the hard work

Post Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:58 pm 

One of the links above talks about a trick to increase pixel density in vr headset

Quote:
Also, if you have a powerful enough graphics card you can use the Oculus debug tool to increase pixel density and then the tables look so much better, it's a big visual upgrade (let me know if you don't know how to do that and I will send you the link, it takes two minutes to set up).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 15  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner