Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject: Re: BAM - OpenVR (oculus / vive) beta
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:56 pm 

Thanks Gin,
when people are due for phone upgrades, sometimes the Samsung vr gear is included in which case the additional cost is minimal (I think it was $20 or something for vridge software)
Nolo was $125 for positional tracking and I upgraded my internet speed

Post subject: BAM - OpenVR Rift - DMD Not Working on BG
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:53 am 

Hello!

First of all, I cannot thank Ravarcade enough for developing this amazing software and then sharing it with all of us. And huge thanks to Terryred, GeorgeH, Gimli for all of your helpful information here and on youtube. I built a virtual pinball cabinet last year and have loved it ever since but I never imagined how amazing pinball would be in VR until I got BAM OpenVR working with my Rift last week and now I'm hooked.

Ok, I've read this thread and everything I can find related to BAM OpenVR and exhaustively searched in google and am still coming up short. I have FP working w BAM OpenVR on my Oculus Rift with one pesky exception. The DMD does not show up on the backglass for any table.

I can see the HUD panels in my lower left peripheral vision and have been able to move them outside of the viewable area. However, the DMD area on the backglass is not working for any of the tables. This includes standard physics, zed, 2.6. and 2.7. The tables include both segmented led type scoreboards (Taxi, Cyclone) and full DMD panels (Tron Ultimate, Jaws Ultimate).

Can anyone suggest what I might try to get the DMD working on the backglass? Videos others have posted show the DMD working fine. I've tried deleting the HUD objects and creating DMD objects with the same name but the script fails saying that the functions/methods being called do not apply to the object type. I've gone through the script code and can see the calls to populate the DMD but nothing is showing up in the DMD in VR.

I'm stumped. Thanks in advance for any ideas you provide.

Cheers,
Scritley

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner