Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM - OpenVR (oculus / vive) beta
 Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:32 pm 

Gimli wrote:
not sure if the prescription lens are available yet?

The title of the article says prescription lens.

George

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:34 pm 

Yes but they have be "crowd funded" first?

Post Posted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:59 pm 

Gimli wrote:
Yes but they have be "crowd funded" first?

I'll have to check. The article says something about "crowd funded". Since this is so new, they may need to have a certain number of orders before they can go into production. The site does say that VR Lens Lab is offering the adapters and you might be able to get a local optician to make some lenses to fit to the adapters. It seems like that should be possible since it should be like making lenses for a set of frames.

George

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:59 pm 

I can load tables and look at them on my Vive, but I don’t get any sound and I can’t interact at all.
I can reset the view (so I know the keyboard works), but keys 5 and 1 don’t do anything. The tables always have lights flashing, but no dot matrix display. Each table I load also has a “Meditation Error” that displays on the computer monitor. It is always a different “line” and sometimes has variations in the way it is described. Is this the issue?

Further info:
Windows 10, GTX 970
I believe it’s the current SteamVR (non beta) (I’m not sure how to look up the exact release)

I'm loading FP Loader from the ovr-beta4 folder (which is inside the Future Pinball folder) to start the app. I then have a folder called “Tables”, also inside of the Future Pinball folder, which I store the tables in. These are tables that I have downloaded, extracted and copied them into this folder. In Future Pinball I go to "Open" and then select one, load it up on the Vive using F5. From then on, all I can do is look at the table.

Post Posted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:11 pm 

have you loaded steam vr first?

You need steam vr running before running Fploader

Post Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:17 pm 

Same issue when loading SteamVR first.
When loading The Dark Knight ULTRA 1.04, for example, it says "Pinball Meditation Error Script Error Line 40, Variable is undefinted: 'nvBallsPerGame'"
The keyboard works because I can reset my position, but there is no sound and I can't inter coins or hit flippers etc.

Every game does the same thing, but with a slightly different error. Do we need to use SteamVR beta for this to work still, or should it work in the current stable release?

Also, I put the Dark Knight library file in the Library folder, but I don't know what else to do.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:27 am 

Can you run regular BAM on your system ?
Is your version of FP the original version?

i just click the Vr button in steam and it loads a white empty room in my headset and a green status box on my computer screen that says "vr ready". And then when I run fploader from Openvr directory and then open and run a table it all works

Check your FP key settings and make sure there are no conflicts with any other programs you are running

Post Posted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:16 pm 

Basically I followed these basic instructions [ https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/ ... fantastic/ ] , except now I am using a newer ovr-beta4 (In the past I have also tried the version 2 mentioned and that didn't even show a screen on my vive).
The BAM website makes it sound like BAM is ovr-beta and this is basically a VR mod for future pinball. It talks about using oculus and vive, but I didn't see an explanation as to how to try it in regular mode.
The game says to press F5 to start (or use the dropdown menu), but as soon as I do this it launches SteamVR on it's own.

HOWEVER, I just now tried Future Pinball in it's normal application mode, and I have the exact same issues. So it must not be a ovr related issue at all. It sounds like I am doing everything correct, but my FP setup just isn't working to start with. I guess I'll re-install and troubleshoot and get to the source of that issue. It's having the exact same issues, just on the monitor instead of in VR.

Thanks for the insight, I will work on this now.

EDIT: Yes, reinstalling it got it working! Also by doing some research it appears that BAM is actually different from ovr-beta. The redditor's thread that had the instructions was totally confusing, because when he provided the link for BAM, it just led you to the ovr-beta installation. I saw there is a DIFFERENT installation process for BAM itself, with different files. What do these do? Do I need them? I have got FP running in VR but I never installed the BAM files and still don't really understand what they are.

Post Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:02 am 

elgrayso wrote:
...but keys 5 and 1 don’t do anything. The tables always have lights flashing, but no dot matrix display. Each table I load also has a “Meditation Error” that displays on the computer monitor. It is always a different “line” and sometimes has variations in the way it is described. Is this the issue?

You described "standard" FP problem: It has to be run "as administrator".
All described problems occurs when you run FP from windows user account without admin rights.
Many users still use Windows from admin account, so they never see that problem.

Solution: run FPLoader.exe "as administrator".

Post Posted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:33 am 

Great job on this. I've been playing for the past week and when supersampling to 2.0x - the tables look flawless. I only wish the base program (FP) was better. The physics are really all over the place and thats with all of the mods. I wish this would work with The Pinball Arcade.

Only problem I currently have is the word default coming on my screen when pressing the right flipper. Figured out it's b/c my keyboard is set to P for right flipper (can't change long story) so now I need to find out if you can change "custom ball" from P on FP to something else as it's causing default to come up.

Great job again on this. Hopefully it comes to Visual Pinball or TPA some day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 143 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner