Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: BAM & FP: Defnitive Guide
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:34 pm 

Thanks for the heads up.

I will be backing everything up before giving that a go. (I always backup stuff just in case) The ONLY DMD textures I have never been able to get to show up on FutureDMD is SLAM's Superman table. Everything has worked with FutureDMD no problem.

Still organizing at this point...

Post Posted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:45 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
So, I've been getting tables sorted nicely so far. I understand physics 1.0,2.4,2.5,2.6,2.7,2.7 SLAMT1LT, Zed, and Custom tables.

What I wasn't sure about is there anything between 1.0 and 2.4? Are there any tables that have any real difference if they are not 2.4 or above, and I should just assume they are 1.0?

Edit: Just read your previous post...understand about the 1.0 to 2.3 tables.

There are a very few 2.3 tables on pinsimdb. I don't know of anything else. I guess the guys just used the early versions of physics on 1.0 tables.

Sorry I don't know anything about PinballX. I use the method of launching tables described on this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=5653

It seems odd that you can't change the name that displays on PinballX but I don't know anything about it. Since you said you are going to have a folder for each table, one approach might be to name the folder with something like "Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Edition) (v1.12) (p2.7)" or whatever you want and then name the FPT file "Aliens Legacy.fpt". That way you could keep track of the version in the folder name but still have PinballX display what you want.

If you haven't set up your graphics card for Future Pinball, you should read this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6201

You may see some improvement in frames per second and general performance by setting it up using this guide. There is a note there about using Windows 10 also.

George

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:08 am 

Actually, its the opposite for Pinball X. You cannot have your FP tables in separate folders in your "tables" folder, because Pinball X won't see them correctly that way. All the table files must be together in one folder.

I'm actually naming them exactly like you've shown. "Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Edition) (v1.12) (p2.7).fpt"

Pinball X will simply ignore the brackets when browsing but does show the full name with the version and physics,etc at the bottom, which is what I wanted.

I originally tried just having a general name for my tables in FP with PBX (no version info) and leaving the version numbers in my downloads folders, but it wasn't as easy to know what version a table was,etc... when in Pinball X and when in a game. Remember, this is a cabinet, not a desktop. I don't like having a keyboard in front of me all the time. So the idea was to simply see what tbale it is by wheel are,etc.. and be able to see the info at the bottom of the screen if I want.

I will have 4 different sub-menus for FP in Pinball X. FP DMD, FP NoDMD, FP Led-Wiz, FP DOFLinx. I can combine these and organize them any way I want into new menus afterward. Pinball X is excellent that way.

Also tables aren't exactly getting updated very often (except for SLAM's), so I'm not worried about renaming files after all this re-organizing is done....and it will be available for when I want to do a desktop setup for Pinball X as well (for when I deploy,etc, I'm in the military)

Graphics run beautiful on my system in windows 10. I'm a hard-core PC Gamer, so i know my way around windows and graphics tweaking. If I run the same setup with Zed tables on just one screen, they run fine. It's a multi-screen windows issue that can't really be solved given how old FP is. VPX had similar issues when running in Windowed Full screen vs exclusive fullscreen.

Thanks for the tips and links!

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:21 am 

TerryRed wrote:
...Graphics run beautiful on my system in windows 10. I'm a hard-core PC Gamer, so i know my way around windows and graphics tweaking. ...

So do you agree with the settings I posted for the graphics card?

Do you know of a fix for displaying tables on Windows 10 with the display rotated 90 or 270 degrees without having to change "Hardware Lights to Use" to "0"?

George

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:40 am 

I personally have always just left my nvidia control panel settings at their default, as I have never had any issues with performance...except with zed tables with BAM on multiple screens...

I'm not normally a fan of "forced settings" in the nvidia control panel. However sometimes they can help. Normally I wouldn't go near some of those settings in the pics, unless it was needed. They may be helpful for older cards, though I used to have a two GTX 670s in SLI before, and one 670 should be fine for FP and BAM...just back off the anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion settings in FP and nvidia control panel.

I tend to agree with ravarcade, in that the problems that I'm having are more likely xml / physics issues. (on top of the multiscreen issues)

My Future Pinball settings have always been maxed out (except for Trilinear filtering). Never had issues with rotation or hardware lights settings. BAM settings are all on except for ambient occlusion which is fine with one playfield screen, but kills fps on multiple screen setups. (backglass / dmd)

I'm using a gtx 960 with 2GB ram.

My setup is not typical (with how i use the backglass), even for cabinet users. I will give the Zed 64 bit version of FP to see if that helps at all when I'm done messing with organizing.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:51 pm 

Sounds like you just need to breakdown and use a custom xml and code a launcher in AHK. It will still work in PinballX. You just use PinballX to launch the custom launcher. Now, I'm not sure about custom colors in FutureDMD with this arrangement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 6:32 pm 

Can someone please help me?
I use future pinball on windows xp. Recently I installed BAM. I have some doubts:
1) Is windows xp not compatible with kinect? Because I try to install Kinect SDK 1.7 on windows xp and I get the message: "It is necessary windows 7 or higher". IIs it necessary change the operataion system?
2) Does anyone use BAM + future pinball in Windows XP, plus some kind of head tracking (PSeye, plain cam or other ...)
Many thanks if you can help me.
Marcussi :?:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 11:15 pm 

marcussi wrote:
Can someone please help me?
I use future pinball on windows xp. Recently I installed BAM. I have some doubts:
1) Is windows xp not compatible with kinect? Because I try to install Kinect SDK 1.7 on windows xp and I get the message: "It is necessary windows 7 or higher". IIs it necessary change the operataion system?
2) Does anyone use BAM + future pinball in Windows XP, plus some kind of head tracking (PSeye, plain cam or other ...)
Many thanks if you can help me.
Marcussi :?:

You might check this posting:

viewtopic.php?f=84&t=6345

You might send Dizzle a private message and see what he is using. I believe he ended up using an other version of BAM on his Windows XP system. I'm afraid I know nothing about Kinect. Maybe you can find an older version of it as well?

George

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:11 pm 

the Default FP 1.0 xml file (default.xml) is a dead link. Any update how to find it? I've searched and searched.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:43 pm 

AcmeMan wrote:
the Default FP 1.0 xml file (default.xml) is a dead link. Any update how to find it? I've searched and searched.

You can rename the "fp-org.xml" file as default.xml. The "fp-org.xml" file is located in the XML folder that is a subfolder of your BAM folder. It would be the same thing as a Default FP 1.0 xml file.

I get into the default.xml file on Step 7 of my BAM guide here:

viewtopic.php?f=86&t=5544

George

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner