Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 242  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 1033
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

I take it you cannot do the 2 changes I suggested above?

George

Models from your screenshot are opaque. There is nothing to change here.

You are using flasher/light or bulb.
All that objects draws "glow" this is alway drawed over normal objects, even if it is behind that objects. With bulbs you will try to control what is behind (covered by glow) or in front (glow will not be visible) by draw order in FP. For lights/flashers you can't change order.

.... but still you can fix it:
1. Remove glow from this light completly.
2. Add in same place bulb but don't draw bulb model (only glow).
3. Change order of draws to make that bulb draw before other objects (like he-man).

@Gimli:
Quote:
1. Can BAM autocalculate the centre points of the mp for us ? It takes time to do it manually every time

I will try to add something in BAM menu.

@wild:
Quote:
1)in Colidable.... inside the MP,only (walls, pegs, bumpers) work? the rubber and target?

Colidable works for all objects (flippers, kickers too).
Quote:
2)the Colidable of the objects....it is controllable via script?

Yes.
Lets say you have "MiniPlayfield_0".
To make all objects inside it "not colidable":
MiniPlayfield_0.Colidable = false
... and to make it colidable:
MiniPlayfield_0.Colidable = true
You will see it in FP if you make physics models visible: models will start to blink like on my video.

Colidable property is safe and will work in all cases.

PhysicsMove is little different.
1. it works correct only on some FP objects.
2. it change how MP work:
- ball inside "origin" box of MP will not be drawed at destination (that will not make sanse)
- if you rotate MP, gravity direction will not be changed (again, change in gravity don't make sens if models are moved to different place).

_________________
http://www.ravarcade.pl
Better Arcade Mode
current BAM version: v1.5-289, released: May 10, 2020


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:56 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 1:16 pm
Posts: 658
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Thanks so much for the updates Rav. I've been so busy updating PinEvent (and now Halloween U-Pro) that I haven't had a chance to play with the new features.


Some interesting news from the owner of vpforums.org:

- he's stayed in contact with Chris Leathley (creator of Future Pinball)
- he's organizing a get together / chat at vpforums with Chris Leathley and Randy Davis (one of the creators of Visual Pinball) and some other pinball legends for Jan 23rd.

So it may be an opportunity to ask Chris some questions, say thank you, etc.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 3051
Location: Ontario, Canada
Rav can you provide a link for your demo table using the new MP features ?

thanks !


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 1033
Gimli wrote:
Rav can you provide a link for your demo table using the new MP features ?

thanks !

https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/mp-test3.fpt
keys:
- T,F,G,H move MP
- 1 on numpad - Colidable On/Off
- 2 on numpad - PhysicsMove On/Off

_________________
http://www.ravarcade.pl
Better Arcade Mode
current BAM version: v1.5-289, released: May 10, 2020


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:54 pm
Posts: 1410
Location: Italy
Thanks again...Rav...

I tried your demo, the Colidable On/Off...it works well enough...but maybe the other one works has some problems....(I might be wrong)
I don't know if Gimli tried it, but when, I move him with t-f-h-g, and I try Colidable On / Off it seems that the ball hits something, it moves sideways.....


Last edited by wild on Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 3051
Location: Ontario, Canada
ravarcade wrote:
Gimli wrote:
Rav can you provide a link for your demo table using the new MP features ?

thanks !

https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/mp-test3.fpt
keys:
- T,F,G,H move MP
- 1 on numpad - Colidable On/Off
- 2 on numpad - PhysicsMove On/Off



That is very cool Rav !
thanks

I notice there is a ball reflection/shadow that doesn't stay with the ball the whole time
you notice it clearly using your move keys if you move the MP off the side of the table..

But very very cool , it has a lot of potential !
the table crashed a lot when I was experimenting and the manual roller ball got stuck a few times when I was switching parameters on the fly in the menu.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 1033
New BAM beta v269:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- added "Calc Center" command in "DEV Mini-Playfield" menu
- fixed ball trails colors selection in BAM menu
- ball trails now works in FP lights mode (not only in New Renderer)
- ball trails can be controled form script:
Code:
xBAM.Trails.Level = 0.5
xBAM.Trails.Color 255, 128, 128    ' Red, Green, Blue
xBAM.Trails.Enabled = true


Gimli wrote:
I notice there is a ball reflection/shadow that doesn't stay with the ball the whole time

I can't reporoduce this error. Are you sure, that you have enabled "PhysicsMove" when you tested it. Even on my video you can see, that ball shadow and refloctions are fine.

_________________
http://www.ravarcade.pl
Better Arcade Mode
current BAM version: v1.5-289, released: May 10, 2020


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:12 pm
Posts: 2778
Location: Arkansas, USA
Rav,

The code "xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor" changes the color of the background area around DMD dots.

The code "dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixColor" changes the color of the lit dots.

Is it possible to change the color of unlit DMD pixels (the area inside the unlit dots)? For some reason, they are always a bit lighter in color than the background area.

George


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:36 pm
Posts: 3051
Location: Ontario, Canada
ravarcade wrote:
New BAM beta v269:
https://www.ravarcade.pl/beta/BAM.dll

- added "Calc Center" command in "DEV Mini-Playfield" menu
- fixed ball trails colors selection in BAM menu
- ball trails now works in FP lights mode (not only in New Renderer)
- ball trails can be controled form script:
Code:
xBAM.Trails.Level = 0.5
xBAM.Trails.Color 255, 128, 128    ' Red, Green, Blue
xBAM.Trails.Enabled = true


Gimli wrote:
I notice there is a ball reflection/shadow that doesn't stay with the ball the whole time


I can't reporoduce this error. Are you sure, that you have enabled "PhysicsMove" when you tested it. Even on my video you can see, that ball shadow and refloctions are fine.


thanks Rav , Caluclate center works perfectly and will save a ton of time !
see video
https://youtu.be/HgwdzmVCNP0


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 1033
GeorgeH wrote:
Rav,

The code "xBAM.SetDefaultMatrixBaseColor" changes the color of the background area around DMD dots.

The code "dispDMD1Ext.SetMatrixColor" changes the color of the lit dots.

Is it possible to change the color of unlit DMD pixels (the area inside the unlit dots)? For some reason, they are always a bit lighter in color than the background area.

George

Inside FP you have texture with dots brightness:
http://ravarcade.pl/debug/464.BMP
Modify color of dots and put that file "464.BMP" inside "tablename.zip" same way as textures for balls. That first left gray dot is color of dot when DMD is off.


@Gmili:
Ok. Now i see it even on my own video.

_________________
http://www.ravarcade.pl
Better Arcade Mode
current BAM version: v1.5-289, released: May 10, 2020


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2420 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228, 229 ... 242  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GeorgeRem, Judychela and 17 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: