Register    Login    Forum    FAQ    PinSimDB.org

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 225  Next
 Post subject: Re: Better Arcade Mode - MOD for Future Pinball
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 am 

@TerryRed
I don't know, maybe this may be usefull for you:
xBAM.Camera.Mode
xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0 if it is FP is in desktop/normal mode
= 1 in arcade mode (or forced arcade mode)
= 2 in VR

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:48 am 

ravarcade wrote:
@TerryRed
I don't know, maybe this may be usefull for you:
xBAM.Camera.Mode
xBAM.Camera.Mode = 0 if it is FP is in desktop/normal mode
= 1 in arcade mode (or forced arcade mode)
= 2 in VR

So, if I do a check for the state of xBAM Camera mode I get those values?

It's possible to make use of that and make adjustments based on that for HUDs, and maybe for what PinEvent Profiles that are automatically used. I'll have to think about that....

Thanks.

Would the iCOM plug-in be something you would be including with BAM in the next full release of BAM? I need to know, in case I need to make a download thread for it (if it's not) when PinEvent is ready to be a full release.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:40 am 

TerryRed wrote:
So, if I do a check for the state of xBAM Camera mode I get those values?

It's possible to make use of that and make adjustments based on that for HUDs, and maybe for what PinEvent Profiles that are automatically used. I'll have to think about that....

Yes.

TerryRed wrote:
Would the iCOM plug-in be something you would be including with BAM in the next full release of BAM? I need to know, in case I need to make a download thread for it (if it's not) when PinEvent is ready to be a full release.

I think, that you should make own release/download thread.

For end user it would be easier if all needed stuffs are installed in one step. So, meyby all that scripts and icom should be included in one installer. We may add some logic to installer, like "select version of PinEvent_Settings.vbs".
On next weekend i will look at it again.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:24 pm 

TerryRed wrote:
PinEvent - BAM iCOM - RetroFlair: BAM Edition

Testing needed! New version with fixes!

I tried the the new version and it crashes. I am certain I used everything as the directions. I even tried the original FP exe file. It gets all the way to the end of the tables loading and says it is getting files ready to play and dies.

I tried playing a different table and verified the iCom option appeared. There are several options. What are you supposed to use?

You may want to use a different file upload site. I had to download each file individually because none of the other options worked. I use MediaFire for files I upload permanently and dropbox for sharing files here.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:57 pm 

I have found 2 people that have a 2 monitor set up that complain that they get a "Future Pinball" logo showing on the backglass.

One here:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15325

and one here:
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33896&hl=

In all my years of working with FP, I have never heard of this before. Anybody have any ideas why?

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:10 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
I have found 2 people that have a 2 monitor set up that complain that they get a "Future Pinball" logo showing on the backglass.

One here:
viewtopic.php?f=84&t=15325

and one here:
https://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=33896&hl=

In all my years of working with FP, I have never heard of this before. Anybody have any ideas why?

If you run FP on a second screen, it normally shows the FP logo on that entire second screen while the game loads. After it's loaded, then the logo goes away.

I can ses odd things like this happening when people are using integrated motherboard graphics...or laptops that have a dedicated GPU chip as well as integrated.

Strange that RetroFalir isn't working for you (your the only one who has had that problem you describe happen). I tried removing the bump map images I wasn't using (sorry Gimli), and added the Shadowmaps directly into the table (I was waiting for them to be considered final) so that may help...especially if you have AMD / ATI GPU.

I'll try to upload another version with those fixes changes included. Also, if you have UAC (User Account Control) enabled that may be restricting something possibly..though even without the iCOM plug-in the table should at least "start" (with an error displayed).

Post Posted: Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:03 pm 

GeorgeH wrote:
TerryRed wrote:
PinEvent - BAM iCOM - RetroFlair: BAM Edition

Testing needed! New version with fixes!

I tried the the new version and it crashes. I am certain I used everything as the directions. I even tried the original FP exe file. It gets all the way to the end of the tables loading and says it is getting files ready to play and dies.

I tried playing a different table and verified the iCom option appeared. There are several options. What are you supposed to use?

You may want to use a different file upload site. I had to download each file individually because none of the other options worked. I use MediaFire for files I upload permanently and dropbox for sharing files here.

OK George, here is a new zip with a new version 1.0b of the table that has the ShadowMaps included in the table itself, as well as unused Bump Map textures removed.

The iCOM plug-in can be set to any option except for the paranoid one I think. Safe should be fine.

Also, try my cfg file for the table if it still won't work for you. There's nothing different about this table that would cause it to crash before starting.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ppv7gpdmznyf ... t.zip?dl=0

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:09 pm 

PinEvent Retroflair v1.0b works fine for me. ICOM options are there.

DOF installed but I don't yet have any toys attached. No DOFLinx, no PuP, original FP. Cabinet w/ FutureDMD.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:06 pm 

Carny_Priest wrote:
PinEvent Retroflair v1.0b works fine for me. ICOM options are there.

DOF installed but I don't yet have any toys attached. No DOFLinx, no PuP, original FP. Cabinet w/ FutureDMD.

Fantastic Carney. Thank you for testing!

So far, everyone (except GeorgeH...not sure if he tested the newer version I linked him) has had no issues getting this to work on any setup.

I think I may use Rav's info and replace the "Default" PinEvent Profile with an "Automatic" profile that will use a specific PinEvent profile based on the camera view being used (Desktop, Arcade/Cabinet, VR). This way the user can set those profiles however they want, and all futute tables will automatically use it as needed. The user can also just set a profile manually in the Table script use a Custom profile for anything they want.

I'm also in the middle of adding even more stuff to this table!

A new Pac-Man mode with Pac-Man ball, pellets, moving ghosts, Power Pill, and Ghosts that turn blue. Gimli helped me with some ideas for the ghosts being a hit event while moving.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:36 pm 

Sorry! I have not tested it yet. I've been working on my Halloween table. I will try to get to it soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2241 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 217, 218, 219, 220, 221, 222, 223 ... 225  Next

Board index » Future Pinball » BAM corner